• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwood

According to @Corriere, Jose Mourinho will not give up his request to sign Granit Xhaka next summer, despite Roma's previous attempts last summer and winter.

Mourinho believes that Xhaka is the 'favourite man' to build the team around and helps control the pace of the match which the team lacks.
Match made in hell, I love it

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Except seria a is not slow paced. You still believe in the old myths about Italian football. It’s more attacking league than PL and the refs aare stricter. He would be a serious liability in that league

Then why are 40yo Ibrah, 35yo Giroud, 35yo Dzeko, 34yo Pedro, 34yo Mertens all still balling in their league?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Laca is physically shot. How anyone can’t see it is beyond me. Watching inter keep up with Liverpool intensity easily now while no pl team team outside city and Chelsea can live with them. The only thing English football has over Italian is money. The PL is very overrated
I can't believe what I'm reading.
Any game Arsenal plays at home with 0 shots on target you are thrashing on Arteta and the Kroenkes.

When Inter does it, PL is overrated.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I can't believe what I'm reading.
Any game Arsenal plays at home with 0 shots on target you are thrashing on Arteta and the Kroenkes.

When Inter does it, PL is overrated.
Do you even watch us play? Inter is comfortably better team than us

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Do you even watch us play? Inter is comfortably better team than us
They are but we aren't first in the league, right? All I am saying is you judge your own club differently than a team that's better than us. You should be harsher on Inter.

Goonger

Dude stop overrating our players. This isn’t 2005. Xhaka is a joke and perfect example of why we are where we are. To say he would be star in Italy is joke. Roma wanted him on the cheap and the moment we asked for decent fee they walked out. No one else wanted him and we stuck with him

No, I'm with Playmaker on this 1, Xhaka will do well in Italy. Even their best teams don't press with the intensity of the likes of City & Liverpool, & that's the part of the game Xhaka struggles with most. He's made for Serie A in my opinion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, I'm with Playmaker on this 1, Xhaka will do well in Italy. Even their best teams don't press with the intensity of the likes of City & Liverpool, & that's the part of the game Xhaka struggles with most. He's made for Serie A in my opinion.
I don’t know why people keep looking past xhakas real flaw. Discipline….he is reckless and always doing dumb tackles. They are stricter in Italy with their refereeing. He will play there for a year with 3-4 sending offs before they move him on as he is an absolute *****

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Take note when Italy national team outplay the English and field 3 midfielders better than the 100 million Declan rice. And Giroud backup striker over there walks in our team

It was a much closer match than gets portrayed by the anti-Southgate brigade on Arsenal-Mania. Yes, England were outplayed from the second half onwards, but we dominated the first half and had our chances.

Rice was 22 as well, playing in his first massive tournament cup final. I know that you are making a different point, but c'mon...

Goonger

I don’t know why people keep looking past xhakas real flaw. Discipline….he is reckless and always doing dumb tackles. They are stricter in Italy with their refereeing. He will play there for a year with 3-4 sending offs before they move him on as he is an absolute *****

His discipline is a flaw partly because we leave him exposed to making reckless challenges. I believe he has rarely been sent off for Switzerland, because they play him in a different way which doesn't leave him exposed to making these challenges. I'm sure Mourinho will do likewise.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His discipline is a flaw partly because we leave him exposed to making reckless challenges. I believe he has rarely been sent off for Switzerland, because they play him in a different way which doesn't leave him exposed to making these challenges. I'm sure Mourinho will do likewise.
I think by now it does not matter much. He has his reputation in England and the Premier League, and unfortunately that is going to cost him, deserved or not.

While we are better with him and Partey at central midfield, it is difficult to rely on Xhaka. You just know a red card might be coming out of nowhere.

Goonger

I think by now it does not matter much. He has his reputation in England and the Premier League, and unfortunately that is going to cost him, deserved or not.

While we are better with him and Partey at central midfield, it is difficult to rely on Xhaka. You just know a red card might be coming out of nowhere.

The question being asked is if we think Xhaka would be a success in Serie A. I know his reputation will go before him in this country.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The question being asked is if we think Xhaka would be a success in Serie A. I know his reputation will go before him in this country.
I think he has a good chance of being a success there. That league should suit him better than the Premier League ever did. I'm surprised that is being questioned.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka is a good player, but would look like prime Petit in Serie A...If Jose Gimp-rinho wants him, then he has to pay up, we shouldn't just give Xhaka away cheaply (especially if we get Champions League)

Feel the only league you can trust now, is the Premiership...the money in it now, has just destroyed all the other leagues (bar like 1 or 2 teams, in each of them)

Go back to the 1990s and even the 2000s, the big 4 leagues were all of a pretty high level...that's not the case anymore, sadly.

Italy winning the Euros, has no bearing on Serie A being elite anymore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta likes him if he finally leave we have to replace him and Tielemans won't be enough maybe it explains the Zinchenko links.

I don't think we'll sell the manager trust him but if good fee arrive we have to consider.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think it's entirely up to Xhaka whether he leaves or not. He seems really content here seeing some of the interviews he's done over the last year so I'd be very surprised if he wanted to move on now.

If he was going to go it would've been when he pushed for the Roma move last summer but I think he realises how important Arteta values him at this point, hence signing a new deal at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom