• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This was probably his best season of football. Might not replicate it again. I'd be inclined to keep him about though
Im not sure he particularly enjoys the role. He doesn't get on the ball as much, attempts few long passes and through balls, thats his bread and butter.

As well as he's done, there have been times where you see he's not a natural for the role and its holding us back a little.

Feels like the right time to move on for me. He's repaired all bridges with the fans and can leave with maximum respect.

DuBB

I would have liked him to stay for at least 1 more season, but here's a thought I had watching Leicester/Liverpool:

Rice + Xhaka staying

or

Rice + Tielemans on a free

Which would you guys prefer?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would have liked him to stay for at least 1 more season, but here's a thought I had watching Leicester/Liverpool:

Rice + Xhaka staying

or

So basically it's Tielemans vrs Xhaka. I'd probably plump for Tielemans because he's younger and maybe could add to the squad. But he isn't a player I'd particularly want anymore.

We are a CL club and we should be aiming for CL level players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's been really important to us this season but I think there are players which suit the No.6/8 position we play much better. If its true that we want Rice and Caicedo, this needs to happen regardless.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
One thing I've realised is that every time Xhaka gets linked with a team away it's rarely team doing better than us. Even when we were piss poor, it was only Newcastle and Union Berlin that we're after his signature. This season his stock has risen to new heights, and the best team that wants him is a 7th-place Bayer Leverkusen team. Now look at Gundogan. Barca is after him, and I bet clubs better than Leverkusen are too. The point I'm trying to make is that your options often tell you how clubs perceive you.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
One thing I've realised is that every time Xhaka gets linked with a team away it's rarely team doing better than us. Even when we were piss poor, it was only Newcastle and Union Berlin that we're after his signature. This season his stock has risen to new heights, and the best team that wants him is a 7th-place Bayer Leverkusen team. Now look at Gundogan. Barca is after him, and I bet clubs better than Leverkusen are too. The point I'm trying to make is that your options often tell you how clubs perceive you.
Gundogan has always been a better player than Xhaka.

Gundogan is vital to a team going for the treble and is in his best form at the business end.

Xhaka has had a solid season but he's a limited player compared to Gundogan.

Which player is linked to which club isn't telling us anything we don't already know.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He is staying. Why? Because I just told him to. Sent him a cameo begging him to stay. “Seen by Granit Xhaka” it says. 10 quid well spent.

Meme Burn GIF by Hyper RPG

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Also nothing more embarrassing than grown men having a meltdown because a player who gives so much to the team and whithout whom this entire season would have been different is staying.. Go hate on someone who does not deserve to play for the club and there are many, you ****ing losers.. We have hated on Xhaka for so long without any partiular reason, or maybe the reason being, we do not understand football.

True mate, the truth frees and clears your soul, they say!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He is staying. Why? Because I just told him to. Sent him a cameo begging him to stay. “Seen by Granit Xhaka” it says. 10 quid well spent.
This obviously didn't happen. But the fact you felt comfortable enough to type this down as a joke is insane. Men used to fight wars, bro. Stand up!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rice + Xhaka staying

or

Xhaka is significantly better than Tielemans tbh, so probably the former.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If it means getting both Caicedo and Rice I am more than fine with Xhaka going . If we end up with just one of them and lets say Tielemans I would rather keep him. If he is pushing for a move we should not fight to keep him. Selv for 15-20M or use him to get Diaby

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tielemans for me is better at delivering a final ball in the final third and better at passing. They're both a bit suspect defensively but maybe Tielemans more so

Xhaka is brilliant defensively for me, unreal engine great in the press and in a low block, probably his biggest strength.

But if we are replacing him with Rice who is superior then suppose getting 10m for him when he has a year left is decent business.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Rice + Xhaka staying

or

I'd keep Xhaka. Tielemans has declined in the last few years, and Xhaka plays an important role for the team mentally.

Would only sell Xhaka if he himself wants to go. Never thought I'd say this tbh, credit to him and Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom