• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I've said it other places but this is the summer to go big. No guarantees of CL football 2024-25. No guarantee we will be as attractive. Get the best you can now to ensure it.

Rice
Caicedo
Forward
Defender

250m spent.

Sell Balogun, Xhaka, Holding, Tavares and Pepe along with Mari and we easily recoup 50m back.

200 net spend isn't unreasonable for a club that has just broken into the CL again after an age out of it and with the way transfer fees are going.

We spent like 130m or so last summer with Thursday night football and no major sales.
Given Mari has already got us 6m, I'd hope for a lot more than 44m for the others you list combined. Hell that should be Xhaka and Balogun alone.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well we wanted the club to get better at selling guys a season or two before they lose their legs and/or fall off.

That’s how big clubs operate. Big clubs sign even better players to replace them though so…over to this tw*t.

1684277826015.png
Forgive me if I’m not optimistic.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If Xhaka feels unwanted by the club and manager he will leave.

The midfield general is leaving, never thought Arteta would let him go, but as I said he is becoming an arrogant and megalomaniac.

@BergMan mate do not be sad, I think if the club does not want to extend him, this is better for both parties. He will enjoy playing for Alonso.
Not sure what about honouring a gentleman's agreement with a trusted player, without being willing to bribe him to stay by undermining the clubs future, implies arrogance or megalomania. Letting Xhaka go for 15m given the season he just had and how important he has been to the manager as his on pitch deputy seems like a kindness rather than opposite

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well we wanted the club to get better at selling guys a season or two before they lose their legs and/or fall off.

That’s how big clubs operate. Big clubs sign even better players to replace them though so…over to this tw*t.

View attachment 15108

If he can’t sell guys after challenging for the title for 90% of the season, then yeah he probably needs to pack it in.

I think we will be fine though as long as he claws even minor fees for multiple squad players it’s an improvement.

Already off to a good start with the Leno and Mari money coming in.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

View attachment 15108
The trick is just to identify big players with food names for Grillmaster to sign. Rice will get done. Shame there's not a Haaland clone named Wagyu.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Feels unwanted is a little bit over the top no? I can understand the management to prepare a future where Xhaka and Partey are rather bench players instead of our midfield for the next 3 years. Is it too difficult for him to understand this?

The 30-year-old’s contract expires in June 2024 and there are no negotiations over an extension, with a parting of ways planned seven years after Xhaka joined from another German club, Borussia Mönchengladbach.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Given Mari has already got us 6m, I'd hope for a lot more than 44m for the others you list combined. Hell that should be Xhaka and Balogun alone.
It could be more but I think around 50m is realistic.

Mari 6m
Xhaka 14m
Holding 7-10m
Balogun 25m (unless sold to PL team which could be 30m).

That's around the 50m mark.

Then whatever Tavares and Pepe generate, if anything. Maybe end up on loan again or a marginal fee.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I am done. Granit has to do what makes him happy.
Excuse me whilst I wallow away in my tears.

Let's hold hands in this new adventure together:

BRvsNu5.png

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Arsenal are correct not to offer him a 4 or 5 year deal.
If he wants another couple of years here playing in the best league in the World & Champs league with more of a squad role thats fine imo.
If he feels that to take the longer deal in Germany suits him & his family better that's understandable.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 15108
You could argue that Xhaka is one of Artetas Lieutenants. He is the captain of the dressing room and one of the longest serving players. It is interesting that it seems like we are agreeing for him to leave.

We would be left with Partey and Jorginho. Would be a strange thing to do with no plan in place don't you think?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You could argue that Xhaka is one of Artetas Lieutenants. He is the captain of the dressing room and one of the longest serving players. It is interesting that it seems like we are agreeing for him to leave.

We would be left with Partey and Jorginho. Would be a strange thing to do with no plan in place don't you think?

To me it indicates the Rice deal is also done. I don't think they let Xhaka go before securing his replacement. It probably gets announced when West Ham secures their replacement.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

To me it indicates the Rice deal is also done. I don't think they let Xhaka go before securing his replacement. It probably gets announced when West Ham secures their replacement.

There’s plenty of rumours the Rice deal is basically done, then as you say we’ve let Xhaka go which is strange considering we haven’t signed anyone. So I’d imagine once the season closes the transfer would be announced.

I don’t think it’s close though, but never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom