• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wouldnt be against this. We need to give Emery the option to rebuild the team. While Xhaka has improved and is an important cog in the machine i think we could do better. 40m plus we'd be foolish not to look at it.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I wouldnt be against this. We need to give Emery the option to rebuild the team. While Xhaka has improved and is an important cog in the machine i think we could do better. 40m plus we'd be foolish not to look at it.

Can you name one midfielder as good as 2018-19 Xhaka, that went for 40m or less last summer? Not trying to attack you, I'm genuinely curious.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Do you still cry for the lad of luscious locks. Still hurt, right?

Oh dear, mama help me

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Can you name one midfielder as good as 2018-19 Xhaka, that went for 40m or less last summer? Not trying to attack you, I'm genuinely curious.

This question relies on the assumption that Xhaka has been great.......

You could ask the same thing about 2013-14 Coquelin (No one knew about Kante)

2014-15 Giroud (Aubameyang/Lacazette/Higuain and later on Mbappe and Dybala)

2011-12 Walcott (Griezmann)

2017-18 Mustafi (De ligt)

But to answer your question, Torreira.

To give my actual answer, no one here is a scout so your question is kind of pointless IMO. You're asking people who have no financial incentive to do so, to scout around Europe and the world for what exactly?

Plenty of players who are better than our lot existed before anyone knew of them and I Just listed a few in brackets. We just need to find them before they blow up like how we used to do with Pires, Ljungberg, Petit and the rest.

Not sit here asking baseless questions like "Who is better than Xhaka at that price?" As if Sven or Luis Boa Morte post here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Fabinho 40m & Jorginho 50m (+Sarri). Arguably both back then were less divisive with more hype than Xhaka.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Now that Ramsey has left, he's our best midfielder. That says a lot about our current options, but you'd be stupid to sell your best CM unless they offer crazy money. Which Inter won't.

Let's get rid of Elneny and buy a proper world class Ramsey replacement instead. Keep Xhaka for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom