Granit Xhaka (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

There are rules against it but all clubs do this so nobody enforces them. I doubt they have spoken directly to Xhaka, probably through middle men.

Anyway, with Xhaka unsettled, clubs are taking the piss with loan offers.

Flying Okapis and North5 like this.
  2. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

They can **** off with that loan crap.
    Either pay up and sign him or piss off.

We neither have the depth nor the money to bolster the squad, in case we agree to a loan so what's the point.

3. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

why are you people getting pissed at the loan idea
    No one is loaning him without the obligation to buy, which is how lots of deals happen today.

4. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Thread title says 'Buy option'.

5. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Because no source mentions an obligation but an option?

6. yybecause

why would you believe it? makes no sense
    that's the point
    never happening

7. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

I always said Cesc would never play for a different PL team. When that happened I'm not sure of anything anymore.

If Xhaka wants to leave and this is the best offer the idiots at our club might accept it.

8. yybecause

why would we loan a player like Xhaka for 6 months and why would he want that?

9. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

If Xhaka feels that his relationship with the club and the fans has become bad enough that he wants out, it's probably in the club's best interest to let him go, even if it has to be an initial loan. I see no reason to keep an unhappy player during a lost season. It's not like Xhaka is going to suddenly turn into a player who can lift the club into the top 4. Might as well start moving on.

10. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I'd negotiate with Xhaka to feature in the next three games, ending with Chelsea and then be allowed to move on.

We need points on the board and he can help us get there... this should be first and foremost.

11. yybecause

You are missing the point

12. Slartibartfast

So what's the point then? I gave you a reason why Xhaka would want to go, even on an initial 6-month loan, and why Arsenal might allow him to do it. What am I missing here?

13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Xhaka is just being impulsive. Best case scenario for him is he stays till the summer and plays in Artetas system making him look a better player. That way, we get more money and he gets better offers.

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Loan is a piss take. Why would a mid table German team want to loan an Arsenal starter and captain (until recently). I mean this is not a player who has been on the bench for 6 months or been injured for 2 years, he’s been a starting player, and played very well just last week.

15. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

They're trying to bum us for two reasons: They don't value him that highly otherwise they wouldn't risk losing the chance to sign him, and Xhaka has driven his price and value into the toilet with everything he's said and done.

16. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

NO LOANS!! Xhaka's departure must be permanent. He is not wanted at Arsenal.

Red London and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

I don’t know, clubs like to pull a fast one in general. We tried that with Suarez and Liverpool.

Issue here is they know he wants to leave and we’ll sell. Never a good situation for a selling club.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  18. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Pure speculation on your part, whereas the only information we have at the moment is suggesting it's an option to buy.

I don't see the point with obligation to buy anyway. Why not just buy the player instead of delaying it for 6-12 months? I get why PSG did it with Mbappe due to FFP restrictions, but some teams just do it for no reason.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  19. yybecause

every club does it with a reason. Payments instalments, FFP, mercato plans...

and btw, those rumors are pure speculations that people fall for, I am just trying to get logic in believing in it from the same people

20. Slartibartfast

Xhaka's agent said publicly that he has an agreement with Hertha Berlin and wants to move there in January. I see no speculation about that. The only question is whether or not Arsenal allows him to leave and on what terms.