Granit Xhaka (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

They're not on his back. If anything, he's the one who's made things more difficult since the booing incident. He needs to stop talking and let things happen.

2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Wenger strikes again.

DanDare likes this.
  3. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Hopefully the club is smart and still takes the money. Arteta or not as you saw vs Leeds when pressed Xhaka is still a weak link in the middle and easy to play around due to his lack of mobility...the structure the manager implements can only do so much.

Sell now while we have a foolish buyer still interested.

tap-in and Ash10 like this.
  4. Chicago_Gunner

Chicago_Gunner Active Member

Like get rid of it ?

5. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with that, it's an unneeded distraction mid way through the season.

I don't think there should be any transfers during the season (of the main European leagues). Open the window on June 1st and close it on August 1st Worldwide. Teams should be able to get their business done in 2 months even with holidays and tournaments. Worldwide communication is easy and instant, no need for it to drag on and on.

tap-in and yybecause like this.
  6. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I always say the same.
    1 season, 1 transfer window, coaches included, which no one ever talks about (why are the coaches different then players, and allowed to switch teams any time of the year?).

Football would become much more competitive, much more serious and healthier with one window, but then again, it's not of the interest for the people in charge

TornadoTed likes this.
  7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

8. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

time will tell if this is good news or bad news, but either way it's good that Arteta has been able to change his mind

seems too Auba is no longer desperate to escape

American_Gooner likes this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Consider making it longer to 6 weeks.

Can’t get rid of it because then your season will be hugely dictated by injury records. Aston Villa have 3 big injuries atm, without replacements they will face relegation.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  10. Chicago_Gunner

Chicago_Gunner Active Member

I like that idea. One month just isn’t enough time.

11. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

I'd still sell him. Still too slow so he has to constantly has to bring down players. He's been lucky the past couple of games and i fear he'll fvck up eventually.

12. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

He’s pressing higher up the pitch as a result of Mikel’s pressing and tactical fouling so that means less chance of getting carded. But I agree he will fvck it up at some point..

13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

If he continues to play well under Arteta he’ll be worth far more than €25m in the summer, and he’ll have better suitors than Hertha too.

Suits everyone to see this season out.

14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We also are in a strong position because he has years on his contract

yorch44 likes this.
  15. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

I prefer Xhaka being kept for the rest of the season, but sold in summer.

Torreira is the only starting midfielder that I see as part of the team's future in midfield, though he's not indispensible either.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  16. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

1 month is fine, that is just the time where players can actually move. There's nothing to stop clubs speaking to each other and planning transfers outside the window. You think the Minamino and Haaland deals were done from start to finish in a matter of days?