• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
what happened to our magical warchest :lol:

tenor.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
"Sell before they can buy" - what happened to our magical warchest :lol:
They said we have to sell before we buy, or don’t have any money to spend, every single summer in recent times. And we have gone out and signed people like Pepe for 72m and Partey for a lump sum of 45m.

Im not saying we have a ‘war chest’ but there are many factors in play here:

- Will hopefully be able to sell 60-80m worth of players, as well as massively clearing the wage bill.

- Pressure us on to invest as we are in a financially poor position not being in Europe.

- Pressure on Kroenke + the club to show some ambition this summer, although I admit there’s a strong chance all the protests won’t effect him in the slightest.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Be honest with yourself. Who would pay +25m for Xhaka? All clubs are financially struggling and luckily we can still get around 20m for him. I would definitely sell him. If we also get +10m from Douzi, we can buy a descent option ...

Kysus

So we have like a million squaddies who need selling(first) and you guys are excited about a starter leaving?
Let's get rid of clowns like Torreira first ffs

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Was Xhaka the only play to make mistakes that cost us points this season? Why is Xhaka singled out?

Holding, Partey, Leno and even Tierney have made mistakes that have led to goals. Why do the fans not get on their backs?
Players make mistakes in one off cases. Xhaka has been consistently making mistakes ever since he has joined. In case you didn't know, he has the record for most number of errors leading to goal ever since he joined. That's not even including the red cards received and penalties conceded which makes it even worse.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Players make mistakes in one off cases. Xhaka has been consistently making mistakes ever since he has joined. In case you didn't know, he has the record for most number of errors leading to goal ever since he joined. That's not even including the red cards received and penalties conceded which makes it even worse.
Even ignoring all that and 1 million silly fouls he did around our box, I can't imagine anyone paying that money for a player who needs 5 yards of space to turn and pass the ball forward, and he is supposedly some sort of a playmaker.

Looking at the links, it's Roma who will probably try to get a loan deal or some bottom half German club going for 10m in 72 installments (which I would gladly accept).

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Xhaka does have a lot of teams looking at him and we can use it tonpush the price up.

I am NOT Xhaka's biggest fan and I'd like to see Arsenal get back to a more Wenger'ish type of midfield, but I've grown up enough to not get blinded by my own idiology, Xhaka IS A GOOD PLAYER, he's just not the right player for us and also might shine a lot more in a slower, maybe more tactical league with his obvious strenghts.

We cannot just ignore everything explicitly said about, such as him being looked at by many many clubs and Mourinho absolutely loving him for years.

Can't cherry pick the twitter news we like to see fit into our own perspective whilst laughing off anything contradicting with it.

Any of the top clubs other than us has managed to get a good fee for almost any player they wanted out, even when that particular player has his eyes set on a club and manager he wants to work with, as long as interest from other clubs is there and the player has performed quite well in the past.

15-20m euros is bullying us once again, simple at that.
Big teams look him up? Can you remind me which big team came in to buy him when we put him on sale for absolutely any money that we could get? Oh yeah, the Champion League winners Hertha Berlin.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Yeah thats fair although for me you shift El Nen if possible (50k a week btw).

Torn on Willock, obviously a young guy needs to play regularly to develop. Is he going to get that here? He didn’t exactly take his chances here, obviously Newcastle is a different matter but can’t help but feel its just a purple patch.
It might just be a purple patch or it might be him 'coming of age'. I'd take the chance given the amount of business we have to do to get back to a state where we can challenge for the top 4

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This sell before we buy stuff from a squad number perspective is complete BS. We don't have to register anyone yet and with Luiz out, we have space anyway.
It's more about wages imo. We have a CL wage bill with no European football, something has to change. Even now, with Xhaka out and Bissouma in, they've only shed a bit of the wage bill. Still plenty more to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom