• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I still find it hard to believe Xhaka will leave, even if he wants to I can't see a club coming in with a transfer fee that satisfies the club and a wage package that satisfies the player. Also it's not like there are links to any specific clubs.

But let's say he does go, i'm not sure someone like Bissouma would be the replacement. I'm pretty sure the thing Arteta values in Xhaka is his passing, he passes a lot and he's a relatively progressive passer. Bissouma or Berge don't really replicate that. Someone like Locatelli replicates that.

The squad still needs another midfielder like Bissouma/Berge, a guy who can tackle and dribble, but if Xhaka leaves surely it needs a passer too?
I see what you’re saying but I personally think Xhaka has hit a wall when it comes to his passing. I don’t think his passing is THAT elite that we will miss it. When Arteta first came here he clearly wanted us to adopt a high press but our players lacked the athleticism to do so. My hunch is that we will become a pressing team and there will be less focus on possession. Think of the midfielders we’ve been linked to. Bissouma, Berge and Camivinga. If you’re only playing once a week then pressing football shouldn’t be too hard on the players. So long story short, I think we are moving away from a Xhaka type midfielder.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I see what you’re saying but I personally think Xhaka has hit a wall when it comes to his passing. I don’t think his passing is THAT elite that we will miss it. When Arteta first came here he clearly wanted us to adopt a high press but our players lacked the athleticism to do so. My hunch is that we will become a pressing team and there will be less focus on possession. Think of the midfielders we’ve been linked to. Bissouma, Berge and Camivinga. If you’re only playing once a week then pressing football shouldn’t be too hard on the players. So long story short, I think we are moving away from a Xhaka type midfielder.

It depends on the style of play for sure, and as you say maybe he decides to move away from possession completely, but I just have a hunch that Arteta doesn't want to do that, even if it might even suit this group better to do so. I also kind of think to be a top club you basically need a good passing CM, but that might just be my bias and how I like my football. Guendouzi was supposd to be the Xhaka heir, he has potential to be a high volume and progressive passer, but he's probably leaving.

Surely if Xhaka leaves we need two new CMs, to replace him and Ceballos. Maybe one more athletic tackler/dribbler, and one passer.

Feels like too much business to do in one summer, in addition to a CAM, RB, LB and GK.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It depends on the style of play for sure, and as you say maybe he decides to move away from possession completely, but I just have a hunch that Arteta doesn't want to do that, even if it might even suit this group better to do so. I also kind of think to be a top club you basically need a good passing CM, but that might just be my bias and how I like my football. Guendouzi was supposd to be the Xhaka heir, he has potential to be a high volume and progressive passer, but he's probably leaving.

Surely if Xhaka leaves we need two new CMs, to replace him and Ceballos. Maybe one more athletic tackler/dribbler, and one passer.

Feels like too much business to do in one summer, in addition to a CAM, RB, LB and GK.
I think people forget that Partey is a good passer too. He’s just a lot more of risk-taker than Xhaka so that’s why his pass percentage isn’t as high as the Swiss. As for a Xhaka replacement, we have Azeez who is highly rated by the Arsenal coaches. I’m hoping Arteta can swallow some pride and trust him but I’m not going to hold my breath. On the other hand, we have Elneny who is probably the most Arteta-like midfielder but less progressive. Two midfielders may happen though. It would be hard but if we get some money in and Xhaka goes we will do it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I still find it hard to believe Xhaka will leave, even if he wants to I can't see a club coming in with a transfer fee that satisfies the club and a wage package that satisfies the player. Also it's not like there are links to any specific clubs.

But let's say he does go, i'm not sure someone like Bissouma would be the replacement. I'm pretty sure the thing Arteta values in Xhaka is his passing, he passes a lot and he's a relatively progressive passer. Bissouma or Berge don't really replicate that. Someone like Locatelli replicates that.

The squad still needs another midfielder like Bissouma/Berge, a guy who can tackle and dribble, but if Xhaka leaves surely it needs a passer too?
The stats say Xhaka's passing is progressive but in real time, it looks fairly Conservative to me. Oartey can oasis forward very well and just doesn't take the safe option. Xhaka was also shunted to LB out of necessity recently but also before that tactically. I think we can replace him especially now Arteta's managed to break him for the first time in his career.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The stats say Xhaka's passing is progressive but in real time, it looks fairly Conservative to me. Oartey can oasis forward very well and just doesn't take the safe option. Xhaka was also shunted to LB out of necessity recently but also before that tactically. I think we can replace him especially now Arteta's managed to break him for the first time in his career.

Yeah I agree he can be replaced, I just don't think it's as easy as some assume. Berge isn't an upgrade on Xhaka, for example.

Pepesuave

Xhaka can leave if he wants to. The fact that he is our 2nd best CM is an indictment of how far we have fallen. Decent footballer but far too limited to be a regular starter for a top side.
Please no swap deal Zakaria....another meh footballer

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Tier 1 for Germany. Be Excited.

Again the article mentions that's just an unlikely rumor.

Tatsächlich ist Xhaka, der gerade zum zweiten Mal Vater geworden ist, immer wieder mal in Gladbach. Die Familie seiner Frau Leonita lebt am Niederrhein. Eine berufliche Rückkehr wird es eher nicht geben. „Gerüchte gibt es immer zum Ende der Saison, das ist klar. Aber ich habe noch zwei Jahre Vertrag in London, bin sehr happy mit meiner Familie hier. Ich schaue jetzt erst einmal auf eine erfolgreiche Euro mit der Nationalmannschaft“, sagte Xhaka unserer Redaktion.
They asked Xhaka about it and he said that's just a rumor.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah I agree he can be replaced, I just don't think it's as easy as some assume. Berge isn't an upgrade on Xhaka, for example.
It's the definition of upgrade that worries me but as long as the group of midfielders can play together in a mixture of combinations, I'll be happy. Eg every midfielder can play with Partey but put them together and we lose cohesion in too many matches

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
30M Roma. watch them giving us poverty loan with option to buy. not surprised Mourinho linked he perfect Mourinho player a hardworking guy that's suit his counter attacking football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to Di Mazio Roma are already working with Arsenal to get deal done and trying to find agreement with his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom