• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
That forward passes statistic has been debunked already to prove that they were played towards Tierney running on the left wing. He hardly played through balls for us. But he played them for Switzerland.
Nothing was debunked.

A majority went towards Tierney, yes (But far from *all of them*). That's not really a surprise at all when his role is on the left, especially with a coach that values the left-footers to play exactly that pass. His role is more central in the national team.

This was his long-pass map in his second season with us.

Granit_Xhaka_Long_Pass_Map.PNG

He's not a player of course where things go exactly through the middle. That's no different in the national team though. That pass for the equalizer is a rarity. I don't think I have ever seen a passmap of Xhaka that had more than 1-2 passes going straight into the box.

It's just not his game.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Pretty much they are.

Skhiri is a similar playmaking defensive midfielder, but a bit more dangerous in the box with his headers for example.
They are not.

In terms of interceptions and blocks he ranks the best in europe. He also barely passes the ball forward.

See for yourself

How is that Xhaka?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nothing was debunked.

A majority went towards Tierney, yes (But far from *all of them*). That's not really a surprise at all when his role is on the left, especially with a coach that values the left-footers to play exactly that pass. His role is more central in the national team.

He's not a player of course where things go exactly through the middle. That's no different in the national team though. That pass for the equalizer is a rarity. I don't think I have ever seen a passmap of Xhaka that had more than 1-2 passes going straight into the box.
Again, these passes seem to go diagonal either way. Most of them were lobbed balls, something which he is good at, but hardly game changing. Take a look at this post. Partey was much better at passing through the middle than Xhaka.
View attachment 3253

Xhaka's progressive passing equal passing to Tierney to the wing. It inflated stats.

Our midfield was joke. Only Partey could held his head up higher. When Partey is the CM who takes most risk in the team while trying to create, you have a problem.

I pity our attacking players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nothing was debunked.

It's just not his game.
For me, thats the issue. I think he is quite one dimensional with his passing, and that's why I rank Xhaka as one of the top 10 in the league at 'long passes' (blanket term I know), and average to poor at central intricate passes.

I would like someone capable of both. Out of our targets I think Locatelli is capable of that, I think Neves is slightly more capable than Xhaka too. Bissouma is probably a bit better at central forward passes but not capable of Xhaka's range. So it depends what we get but I like Locatelli for this stuff.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How is his forward passing "debunked" just because they are mostly diagonal? Forward passes are forward passes. It was never a "passes through the middle of the park" stat.

You can't take a stat and say it doesn't count because it's not some other stat. It is what it is.
Of course they are password passes. No one said they are not. The question is how useful they are for the team. If he is just going to keep passing to Tierney like a robot, there is nothing of use. Getting him to replace Cazorla vastly crippled our creativity from midfield.

blaze_of_glory

Of course they are password passes. No one said they are not. The question is how useful they are for the team. If he is just going to keep passing to Tierney like a robot, there is nothing of use. Getting him to replace Cazorla vastly crippled our creativity from midfield.
Ok but it's not "debunked." It would be debunked if he didn't actually make those passes.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
They are not.

In terms of interceptions and blocks he ranks the best in europe. He also barely passes the ball forward and gets rid of it.

See for yourself

How is that Xhaka?
Because you should consider the way Cologne was playing last season.
They dropped very deep for most of the games, long balls from Keeper and defenders.

Skhiri isn't someone who is conducting a whole game over 90 minutes, but he has a very good passing range.

Was one of his main strenghts at his time at Montpellier. Im combination with his Interceptions he is the right player for this position. Often played in the defensive midfield together with Hector at Cologne, while Hector played the more offensive part.

Of course he isn't the 1:1 similar player like Xhaka, but you wouldn't play Skhiri and Xhaka together.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Reading Mourinho wants Icardi for 40 mil? Sounds bs but if it's true where do they pull out the 40mil from?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Just found this link :eek:ops:

So Fabrizio Romano is just making this up:

And Xhaka has been joking, because, why exactly? Piss off his employer? Gain a reputation for being a funny man and an admirer of Rome?

Nah, doesn't really add up. Sounds like a guy with an agenda who wants to be right despite the evidence.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Is he still here???

Jesus we just can't shift our deadwood.

Literary noone wants them.
Our best midfielder by far until Arteta signed Partey.
Bellerin is another who is proving difficult to move.
When you cannot get good money for 2 of your better saleable players it shows you what a massive task we have due to years of mismanagement.
Transfermarket rate them at over 40m combined. We wont be getting near that.
Same with someone like Laca.
Then you look at other midfielders like Elneny & torreira that are worth buttons.

We have a few saleable english players but also need to keep our English quota up so its really tough. We can only say for sure Saka & ESR are staying & look like the quality needed.

Fringe players like AMN, Eddie & Reece are not gonna go for big money. Simple fact is they are not top 6 level players.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Our best midfielder by far until Arteta signed Partey.
Bellerin is another who is proving difficult to move.
When you cannot get good money for 2 of your better saleable players it shows you what a massive task we have due to years of mismanagement.
Transfermarket rate them at over 40m combined. We wont be getting near that.
Same with someone like Laca.
Then you look at other midfielders like Elneny & torreira that are worth buttons.

We have a few saleable english players but also need to keep our English quota up so its really tough. We can only say for sure Saka & ESR are staying & look like the quality needed.

Fringe players like AMN, Eddie & Reece are not gonna go for big money.
Great bump

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So Fabrizio Romano is just making this up:

And Xhaka has been joking, because, why exactly? Piss off his employer? Gain a reputation for being a funny man and an admirer of Rome?

Nah, doesn't really add up. Sounds like a guy with an agenda who wants to be right despite the evidence.

I did not post that as being an absolute truth but just as a different opinion. He (the author of that link) might be wrong just like anyone else can unless we see an offical statement from Arsenal or Xhaka himself.

Therefore, everything is BS until then. Including the tweet u posted.
Xhaka never said that he is planning to leave Arsenal or join Roma in any of his post-season interviews. However, this does not mean that he will not leave. Waiting for that official statement thereof.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we might also looking to secure his replacement before let him go but i believe it's more roma delaying paying 20M euros than us secure replacement that's why this deal in stall mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom