• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It wouldn't surprise me if Jose had "tapped" Xhaka up and then uses not buyng him as an excuse for any failures. If the Webster rule hasn't been abolished, I'm surprised Xhaka hasn't agreed with Roma to buy out his contract. He can't be on more than £5m a season and only the club would lose out financially in this scenario. I wish this saga would end.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's a bit like the Zaha situation, isn't it, except we aren't asking a ridiculous price for Xhaka

if a team like Crystal Palace can stick to their guns, then so ought we, otherwise we'll have a queue forming for want-out players

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Too much is being made of Xhaka wanting to go to Roma and that has enabled Roma to grab us by the balls. This is very common in transfers, it gives you a slight disadvantage but nothing more than that.

People forget by playing this risky game of low balling us Roma has just as much if not more to lose. For a start if they miss out on Xhaka I would like to see Roma get a similar replacement for £12m who has the attributes that Mourinho is looking for in that position. Xhaka seems tailor made for that league. Doubt they could find that player for that amount of money. So either they up their bid or go ****ing look for an alternative with their measly £12m.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I don't think we where planning on selling him this summer anyway so he'll probably just come back into the fold again if this falls through. Seems like it's been him pushing for this Roma move.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Even though I dislike him, keeping him wouldn't be the worst thing, as long as he stays motivated to play for us...think him and Partey with ESR in front of them, is a quality midfield.

There is no point selling him really cheap, just getting rid of him at any cost isn't good business anyway.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So 6th-8th again then

Even if he left it would depend on who we replaced him with, no point making a sideways move. Obviously he's not the best midfielder ever but some of the names we've been linked with aren't any better than him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Even though I dislike him, keeping him wouldn't be the worst thing, as long as he stays motivated to play for us...think him and Partey with ESR in front of them, is a quality midfield.

There is no point selling him really cheap, just getting rid of him at any cost isn't good business anyway.
We need to start playing with 2 at the base in midfield. Cant have Partey there alone while Xhaka has to go out to LB to avoid the press. So him staying will mean him starting which means we will be slow and predictable again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

We need to start playing with 2 at the base in midfield. Cant have Partey there alone while Xhaka has to go out to LB to avoid the press. So him staying will mean him starting which means we will be slow and predictable again.

We do need to improve in midfield if possible, but if we are forced to sell him cheap, I would prefer to keep him for a year and sell him cheap next season (as we can really focus on improving the midfield then, we will also have more money to strengthen that position then too)

Xhaka isn't great, but he isn't as bad as some think he is either.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We do need to improve in midfield if possible, but if we are forced to sell him cheap, I would prefer to keep him for a year and sell him cheap next season (as we can really focus on improving the midfield then, we will also have more money to strengthen that position then too)

Lol. After 5 years some of us still haven't learned. Hope he leaves so im not proven right.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Genuinely thought he left weeks ago; Roma only offering 12mil? :lol:

PL clubs must get so pissed when they see offers coming in from Serie A, it must waste so much time dealing with them.

Such a strange league, you got clubs there with massive reps in the game but then they come to you like they some Sunday league pub club!

Roma = The Red Lion
Juve = The White Horse
AC Milan = The Cherry Tree

Etcetera..

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

it's a bit like the Zaha situation, isn't it, except we aren't asking a ridiculous price for Xhaka

if a team like Crystal Palace can stick to their guns, then so ought we, otherwise we'll have a queue forming for want-out players
Zaha was their best players and they desperately wanted to keep. We desperately want to get rid of xhaka

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

This, like sell him for 12-15 this year or 8-12 next summer, might as well keep him for depth and add another midfielder. The whole Torreria and Mhiki situations have created a perception - probably real - that we're pushovers when it comes to transfers, selling Xhaka for way below value will only reinforce it.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Zaha was their best players and they desperately wanted to keep. We desperately want to get rid of xhaka
Who is the "we" you're talking about? Most of the fan base are indeed desperate to get rid. Personally, while I think Xhaka could be somewhat useful in certain games, ultimately he just has too many weaknesses that will and have been exploited too often in the Premier league. We know his ceiling. It isn't good enough if we have any ambition to compete with the top teams.

While the fans might be desperate to sell, Arteta most likely isn't. He loves Xhaka. You only have to hear him speak about him to see he rates him highly. So the club isn't at all desperate to sell him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who is the "we" you're talking about? Most of the fan base are indeed desperate to get rid. Personally, while I think Xhaka could be somewhat useful in certain games, ultimately he just has too many weaknesses that will and have been exploited too often in the Premier league. We know his ceiling. It isn't good enough if we have any ambition to compete with the top teams.

While the fans might be desperate to sell, Arteta most likely isn't. He loves Xhaka. You only have to hear him speak about him to see he rates him highly. So the club isn't at all desperate to sell him.
Yeah, if the club was absolutely desperate to sell him he'd have gone by now.

Even our asking price is very low considering what he offers and his experience on paper, but his uneasy relationship with the fanbase is public so.. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom