• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How long is left on his contract here anyway?

tcahill

Do we want to give in to Roma, get less money while also showing the world we're still pushovers in the transfer market?

Or do we want another season of Xhaka starting next to Partey?

Rock and a hard place etc

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Do we want to give in to Roma, get less money while also showing the world we're still pushovers in the transfer market?

Or do we want another season of Xhaka starting next to Partey?

Rock and a hard place etc

It depends on how the club sees this relationship.

He's well liked by everyone and is probably still seen as the captain by some of them, so I don't see it being a problem from a Mikel/players stand point.

Having said that, he wanted out last season as well, but was asked to stay. Xhaka is done with Arsenal and I think Arsenal fans are also done with him and those two issues are not lost on the club regardless of how much they feel Granit's leadership add to the squad.

He's probably not looking forward to getting (deservedly) boo'd for pulling a Xhaka at The Emirates.

TinFish

Why has this guy not left yet? Is a deal to Roma really that complicated? I guess we are being lowballed into selling him cheap

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should've sold him to hertha when he had the chance. Roma knows this guy is worth 15m at most & they are haggling like any sensible club would
Its was really complicated the bid came late January we got little time for replacement and in January nobody sell thier good player if not only Roma in his mind we could have end up selling by now and got good money but he stubborn and only want Roma and they just waiting

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Its was really complicated the bid came late January we got little time for replacement and in January nobody sell thier good player if not only Roma in his mind we could have end up selling by now and got good money but he stubborn and only want Roma and they just waiting
I honestly wish we would have cut bait on this player earlier. Still hopeful this deal will go through. Would struggle with another year of him starting at CM.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I honestly wish we would have cut bait on this player earlier. Still hopeful this deal will go through. Would struggle with another year of him starting at CM.
We will he not staying here it'll be disaster i don't question xhaka commitment but we need to let him go can't force player to stay when he wish for new challenge i just hope Roma don't be cheap and give us the money we asked for

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We will he not staying here it'll be disaster i don't question xhaka commitment but we need to let him go can't force player to stay when he wish for new challenge i just hope Roma don't be cheap and give us the money we asked for
Agree and arguing and delaying the deal for a couple of mill. is not what we should do. I’d rather see us move on. We have enough spots on the roster we need to address and players we need to move on.

bonzka

Agree and arguing and delaying the deal for a couple of mill. is not what we should do. I’d rather see us move on. We have enough spots on the roster we need to address and players we need to move on.
Being push-overs in the transfer market is a very dangerous and expensive reputation. We're getting bent over on practically every deal. Think Garlick is taking a stand.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka literally said this at the Euros though...

Hadn't seen that quote. What I meant though is I don't think we'd have went into this summer planning on selling Xhaka as I think Arteta sees him as an important player. Roma and/or Mourinho has probably forced our hand by letting him know they're interested and obviously he seems very keen on the move.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Hadn't seen that quote. What I meant though is I don't think we'd have went into this summer planning on selling Xhaka as I think Arteta sees him as an important player. Roma and/or Mourinho has probably forced our hand by letting him know they're interested and obviously he seems very keen on the move.
Oh yeah, I agree with you on that. We were definitely counting on him, I mean Arteta played him at LB last year as a cover to Tierney instead of Cedric. Either way, he wasn't signing a new contract here and he has two years so to move him on this summer does make sense.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've been away, come back and Xhaka Out is still a rumour :eek: I think my life is in a loop, I was sure he'd gone!

Squillaci

Being push-overs in the transfer market is a very dangerous and expensive reputation. We're getting bent over on practically every deal. Think Garlick is taking a stand.
I really hope so. Other clubs are selling players that don't play at all for the amount of money we would sell Xhaka, who played most of the games for us and every game at the Euros.
That doesn't necessarily mean he's good, but there are clubs who would certainly pay the money we are asking for.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I really hope so. Other clubs are selling players that don't play at all for the amount of money we would sell Xhaka, who played most of the games for us and every game at the Euros.
That doesn't necessarily mean he's good, but there are clubs who would certainly pay the money we are asking for.
And therein lies the trouble. Other clubs have actually seen him play for us, hence the suitably low offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom