• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anyway getting a way from Grindr vibes back to reality, the club should want at least £20m for him. It makes me wonder why other clubs are always under valuing our players and they go for a steal. It’s almost like we’ve been playing terrible football and they’ve looked so poor on the pitch and our management are novices at negotiating. Wait . . .

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Anyway getting a way from Grindr vibes back to reality, the club should want at least £20m for him. It makes me wonder why other clubs are always under valuing our players and they go for a steal. It’s almost like we’ve been playing terrible football and they’ve looked so poor on the pitch and our management are novices at negotiating. Wait . . .

2 years left
Wants to leave
Covid market
Nobody has money especially teams abroad
100k a week wages

Tell me why we should be getting at least £20M.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I posted about this on the main transfer thread. Most of our problems seem to be down to the fact that we pay players wages higher than what they deserve. I think it's an indirect effect of not being in CL. We overcompensate for that by paying too much wages, to attract players. And the fact that they all turn out to be **** doesn't help.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
2 years left
Wants to leave
Covid market
100k a week wages

2 years left

I swear it's only arsenal fans who mention 2 years left on contract as why a player will go for less money. The 2 years is only relevant to the selling club. It just means they have to make a decision to sell that year, try to extend contract or just keep the player till the end of his contact. 2 years left doesn't give a discount to the selling club, it just means that player is more likely to be available for you to buy him.Tell me a player that went for less money cos he had 2 years left? 1 years yes, then they become cheaper. Do you remember when we had Alexis Sanches on his last 2 years? City wanted to buy him for £60m. That was his highest value in the market. Did you hear anybody say he will be cheaper cos he would have been in his last 2 years? Of course not. Again it was relevant only to us as the selling club as we had to make a decision at that time. Now when he got to his last year it was completely different and his value plummeted.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
2 years left

I swear it's only arsenal fans who mention 2 years left on contract as why a player will go for less money. The 2 years is only relevant to the selling club. It just means they have to make a decision to sell that year, try to extend contract or just keep the player till the end of his contact. 2 years left doesn't give a discount to the selling club, it just means that player is more likely to be available for you to buy him.Tell me a player that went for less money cos he had 2 years left? 1 years yes, then they become cheaper. Do you remember when we had Alexis Sanches on his last 2 years? City wanted to buy him for £60m. That was his highest value in the market. Did you hear anybody say he will be cheaper cos he would have been in his last 2 years? Of course not. Again it was relevant only to us as the selling club as we had to make a decision at that time. Now when he got to his last year it was completely different and his value plummeted.

2 years on top of everything I said puts us in a **** position mate.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
2 years left
Wants to leave
Covid market
100k a week wages

Wants to leave

Most players available for transfers want to leave

Covid market

I give you this. Less money around. It's definitely harder to sell players. Still when clubs want they can still push out the boat. Just in the last few weeks Seria A clubs have bought players for 29m, 24m, 21m, 20m, 19m. So they're still buying players for decent fees.

100k wages

Yes high wages are definitely a problem. It means we have to sell for less than their market value. It is probably the biggest obstacle we face when selling our players. Though in this case £100k for an experienced international isn't outrageous. Also how come other clubs can shift their players who also are on these kind of wages for a decent fee.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

See you do this a lot. I asked you a question, you came back with a derogatory irrelevant comment. Why?
Why do you even bother? If there ever was a broken record, this is the one! I have put him on ignore as it is the same comment over and over again. I’ll liked the squad coat period better, but only barely…

Reflecting on it, you are probably a better and more patient person and poster than I am!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I posted about this on the main transfer thread. Most of our problems seem to be down to the fact that we pay players wages higher than what they deserve. I think it's an indirect effect of not being in CL. We overcompensate for that by paying too much wages, to attract players. And the fact that they all turn out to be **** doesn't help.
We do over compensate to attract players without the CL. Players who otherwise might not have chosen us. That I can understand but we still pay too high wages to players who we really didn't need to. Take Cedric for example. He was happy playing for Southampton, we swoop in and offer him probably double the wages he was on....with a ridiculous long contact. I'm sure Cedric would have taken a 2 year contact with less wages. Now if we wanted to shift him he will be difficult to move. We do this constantly. Just a badly run club I'm afraid.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why do you even bother? If there ever was a broken record, this is the one! I have put him on ignore as it is the same comment over and over again. I’ll liked the squad coat period better, but only barely…

Reflecting on it, you are probably a better and more patient person and poster than I am!

Hahaha I did have him on ignore but he started posting less about wenger after I had a word with him. He listened, but now all he's doing is being rude. May have to give him another sit down and chat.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

2 years left
Wants to leave
Covid market
100k a week wages

- No rush to sell
- In his prime
- Wants him specifically (Mou’s no 1 target, seemingly without backups)
- NT captain
- Off the back of a really good euro’s

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Reading the threadmarks this transfer saga reads like this

giphy.gif

:lol:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
- No rush to sell
- In his prime
- Wants him specifically (Mou’s no 1 target, seemingly without backups)
- NT captain
- Off the back of a really good euro’s
1. That right there is a problem
2. Is that 'prime' even good? Lol
3. Well he should pay up then
4. He was also captain here and...well...you know
5. One good game against France🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom