• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Lines up well with what we know so I believe it. Xhaka is highly rated by the Arsenal staff, that much is clear, he’ll be a key part of the team if he stays. Only hope is that Xhaka forces a move away.

These replacement links are not good enough so I can see why they’d want to keep him, but why would they offer a new deal ffs. There is no value to protect and a wage increase makes him pretty much unmovable later.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I'd be happy with an extension without a wage rise, extending with a rise at this point would seem a poor idea i'd agree, though not sure that is what is being said is it?

if we don't extend and he goes into his final year we lose him for nothing and haven't the fans been calling for the club to stop letting people go for nothing, you can't have it both ways in that case, either extend and protect the asset or let him go for peanuts and as I've said, if this was Elneny or the rest of the backups i'd probably let them go for peanuts rather than extend but like it or not he isn't backup he a starter for us so on this occasion i'd extend and protect his value.

just my opinion of course.
What is there to protect? This is probably the last possible opportunity for us to sell him for money. He won't be a sellable asset anymore
We have three options:
1) Sell him for 15M which Roma is offering now.
2) Hold him for 2 years and let him go for free.
3) Extend his contract, pay his wages for 4/5 more years and lose him for free.

Being better than Elneny is not really a badge of honour. We have seen 5 years of his game here and he has been mediocre at best. This is the right window to move on from him. With the new contract, we are just promising him that we will pay his wages for a few more years.

About bench players, bench should be reserved for youngsters to get minutes at high level, super subs who can create impact off bench, mature players who can see out a match when we are having a single goal lead. Xhaka is none of these.

Options 1 and 2 are much better than option 3.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Haven’t had CL football since he joined, I’ve always said both he and Mustafi cursed this club.
Haven't had CL football since @yousif_arsenal and I became mods.
Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

blaze_of_glory

Lines up well with what we know so I believe it. Xhaka is highly rated by the Arsenal staff, that much is clear, he’ll be a key part of the team if he stays. Only hope is that Xhaka forces a move away.

These replacement links are not good enough so I can see why they’d want to keep him, but why would they offer a new deal ffs. There is no value to protect and a wage increase makes him pretty much unmovable later.
That's why I think it's to pressure Roma.

Weird one, he should go but if he stays he should probably be made captain. What a complex man.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Offering him a contract now is a clear indication of no plan. I don't see how this is a negotiation tactic? What are Roma going to think? Oh no they are offering him a new deal let's buy him? More like let's move onto our next target then.

They don't value him enough to bid 20 m euros. They wont be bothered of they miss out on him.

I think there is a really high chance Xhaka rejects it btw.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Him staying helps us in no way at all, you want 8th or lower then keep him. This club is truly pathetic, supposed to be this great player and nobody wants him. Poverty all round iv never literally hated a player besides him and Mustafi!!

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

The rumours of Xhaka wanting to leave began immediately after the season was finished, David Luiz included. If Xhaka wanted to leave we would know around the time when David Luiz left. All lies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The rumours of Xhaka wanting to leave began immediately after the season was finished, David Luiz included. If Xhaka wanted to leave we would know around the time when David Luiz left. All lies.
Is the local media saying anything about his situation?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We like our own farts, nobody else does, but even we feel a bit sick of our own if it lingers for too long. Xhaka is that fart. He needs to go and surely everyone involved knows this. Keeping him and signing a new contract cannot be spun as a win by any stretch.

blaze_of_glory

Arsenal know what I want ..can mean anything at least in my mother tongue.
If someone wants to stay a club they generally just say so. If they are evasive and say things like what Xhaka said, it strongly suggests they want out.

Wasn't he also joking about the weather in Italy during the Euros as well?

Brett

Actually this turn of events is not bad news at all, irrespective of the **** show last season Xhaka is still our best midfielder. If we don't replace might as well keep him.

Kysus

We still have Torreira, Kola& Co on the books to worry about first.
"Need to sell Xhaka first before being able to buy a CM" is bullcrap too considering we would only get like 15mil.

If there is a top class CM available and willing to join we will get him either way.
Market looks different though and no point signing someone who is not actually better than Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom