• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Replacement for Granit Xhaka, Xanit Bhaka.

Edu need's shooting for this ****. ****ing diabolicial, disgsuting waste of money on a nob who doesn't wnna be here anyway, who was twerking for mourinho.

Theres goes any ounce of improvement on 8th in the league, still stuck with ****e elneny and this clown.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Option 4 - extend by a year and try again to sell next year, maybe clubs have recovered from COVID and money is more readily available, this way you don't have a player in his last year where you are forced to sell or lose for nothing.

Don't disagree about having a bench of youth, i'd happily give Willock/Azeez/Lokonga game time this season, also not saying being better than Elneny is a badge of honour but I am saying we should look to sell Elneny, Torreira, AMN and co BEFORE Xhaka, and by extending Xhaka for a year we protect his value a bit when attempting to sell next year.

Would be against extending long term and also against extending with a huge wage increase, but we don't actually know that either of those things are happening at this stage and as others have said this may well just be posturing to get more money out of Roma.
Trying to sell again - I think this is where we disagree. I don't think we will be able to find a buyer again. Last year, we were willing to give him away for anything after the Crystal Palace incident. It was only Hertha Berlin that came in. This year, we got an offer because Mourinho has some liking towards him. He will be 29 next year this time. If anything, his value is only bound to drop.

Getting the details of the new contract could possibly cool me down. But going by the club's recent track record, I don't think the contract would be anything close to sanity. We just gave Willian a three year contract at high wages.

blaze_of_glory

Hard to think of a player where majority fan opinion differs so greatly from management. Xhaka a locked-in starter under three different coaches/managers, captain of his national team for years on end, chased by Mourinho, and now headed for two contract extensions under two different front office regimes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
my hope Xhaka reject it and force the club to sell him. nothing against Xhaka but we need to move on

mpower2540

Increased salary 😭
So so bizarre. At least Aubameyang earned his new deal by scoring several goals even if he was over 30. What’s this guy done to earn a wage increase??? We love rewarding players who do the bare minimum cos we’re **** at finding replacements. MOVE ON FROM GRANIT FFS!! He’s been desperate to move on from us for ages and now we’re trying to get him to stay and bump up his wages?? Piss off

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ok this basically confirms that when Arsenal are selling a player, we operate in a different market to the rest of the sport.

How are Roma spending a **** tonne on average players and then they can’t sign a good player who their manager wants? Do we live in a different dimension to everyone else where we overrate our players by 20% too much? Pretty sure we don’t overrate Xhaka as a fan base….

Maybe this is the club putting it's foot down, we won't be forced to sell our players for peanuts anymore?

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hard to think of a player where majority fan opinion differs so greatly from management. Xhaka a locked-in starter under three different coaches/managers, captain of his national team for years on end, chased by Mourinho, and now headed for two contract extensions under two different front office regimes.
because they see him as leader and 100% pro even as player he not that bad he decent player but it come to stage where us as club need to take step forward and try upgrade also i'm tired of our fanbase sending him abuse not only toward him but toward his family.

blaze_of_glory

So so bizarre. At least Aubameyang earned his new deal by scoring several goals even if he was over 30. What’s this guy done to earn a wage increase??? We love rewarding players who do the bare minimum cos we’re **** at finding replacements. MOVE ON FROM GRANIT FFS!! He’s been desperate to move on from us for ages and now we’re trying to get him to stay and bump up his wages?? Piss off
Well if you want a player to extend at his age you pretty much need to offer more money. Otherwise he could just run it down and get that money elsewhere if another club doesn't have to pay a transfer fee.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Arteta making moves in regards to ****ing up the next manager after he gets sacked by september by leaving us with overpaid dross who are 30+

And when he does get sacked I hope he's never allowed to step foot near the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom