• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not particularly surprised by this news. He's our second best midfielder and no-ones meeting our valuation.

Might as well sign him up now and sell him as soon as we can get away with it.

That's Xhaka until 2025, then!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not particularly surprised by this news. He's our second best midfielder and no-ones meeting our valuation.

Might as well sign him up now and sell him as soon as we can get away with it.
Nobody wants him now. Rather doubtful that anyone will want him however many years older on higher wages. Also, what happened to @Trilly and who ordered his replacement from Wish? Is Vinai a mod?

Jakarta

angry fuck me GIF

@this whole thread

Gn1212

Starting to warm up to the idea of keeping him now. Club was in a weird spot where it was trying to find a replacement for Xhaka that was experienced and yet relatively young and was a genuine upgrade.
Locatelli was the one but he isn't coming. Neves is the obvious alternative but Wolves are gonna play hardball now that we enter August.
So maybe now we can ditch the experienced requirement and instead focus on someone relatively young that will be a genuine upgrade in the future.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Starting to warm up to the idea of keeping him now. Club was in a weird spot where it was trying to find a replacement for Xhaka that was experienced and yet relatively young and was a genuine upgrade.
Locatelli was the one but he isn't coming. Neves is the obvious alternative but Wolves are gonna play hardball now that we enter August.
So maybe now we can ditch the experienced requirement and instead focus on someone relatively young that will be a genuine upgrade in the future.
It has to be camavinga

ragnarock

Sambi then, how convenient

Olivier_Giroud

Oh please. Xhaka was never leaving. He is Arteta's favorite, his number 1 yes man. Reports of Xhaka leaving was nothing but to appease gullible fans. Roma going in for Xhaka was just Mourinho trolling, I doubt the Arsenal hierarchy even took it seriously.

Xhaka along with the rest of Arteta's Merry Band of Yes Men are staying just accept it. Imagine Arsenal is offering Xhaka a new 4 year contract. 4 YEARS!!! Do not be surprised if Willian will be offered a new improved 5 year contract. Let us not forget that we are talking about Artea here - were loyalty and sucking up is of utmost importance and not football talent.

There is nothing to look forward really this season. It will be another year of Arteta's dull, Pure Garbage football, months of humiliation and despair, at the same time looking at our rivals(?) play competitive scintillating football while duking it out for Top 4. Arsenal will be lucky to be 11th by December; we are truly in a sad, pitiful state under the vile talentless charlatan from Basque. Disgraceful.

Brett

Oh please. Xhaka was never leaving. He is Arteta's favorite, his number 1 yes man. Reports of Xhaka leaving was nothing but to appease gullible fans. Roma going in for Xhaka was just Mourinho trolling, I doubt the Arsenal hierarchy even took it seriously.

Xhaka along with the rest of Arteta's Merry Band of Yes Men are staying just accept it. Imagine Arsenal is offering Xhaka a new 4 year contract. 4 YEARS!!! Do not be surprised if Willian will be offered a new improved 5 year contract. Let us not forget that we are talking about Artea here - were loyalty and sucking up is of utmost importance and not football talent.

There is nothing to look forward really this season. It will be another year of Arteta's dull, Pure Garbage football, months of humiliation and despair, at the same time looking at our rivals(?) play competitive scintillating football while duking it out for Top 4. Arsenal will be lucky to be 11th by December; we are truly in a sad, pitiful state under the vile talentless charlatan from Basque. Disgraceful.
Xhaka is a player who is very good with what he does, what scares me is not his speed. His mistakes worry me. Having said that this past year he has been our best midfielder, unless we do a Chelsea or Man city and replace our entire midfield it is prudent to keep hold of him.

He is a very fit player and seems to avoid injuries. Having said that the length of the contract does worry me, 4 years for a guy who will turn 29 in September is a worry for me.

Is he very good not really, but he is good enough to make the top 4/5 which is what we are aiming for really. Fans still don't seem to acknowledge the decline our club has suffered(in terms of attractiveness to top players) they are still stuck in that thinking that we will get top class players like how we got Sanchez from Barcelona. This is not going to happen we need to take it step by step unfortunately.

Unlike others I am quite happy if the club trims the squad we still have way too many players before buying
AMN, Willock, Kolasinac, Cedric or Bellerin, Nketiah, Nelson, Elneny, Torreira. That is a mind boggling 6 to 8 players whom we do not need.

I am also happy that we have a clear plan ( exception Willian ), unlike before when we signed the likes of Lichtsteiner by so called wizard of transfers. Also I am much more happy spending 50 Million on home grown premier league players than paying 72million for pepe. I rate Pepe but 72 million 3 years ago was ridiculous I mean Sancho went for that amount.

This team is good enough for top 5/6 and we are defenetely not making top 4 this year this is the reason most of the fans pissed, but as long as we trim the deadwood and consolidate our position as 5th or 6th and finish there easily and give a good run for top 4 I will take it.

I am always a optimist I was pro Arsène, pro Unai and now pro Arteta it is just the way I think but I still think we did not back Unai properly and before Arteta was appointed we all spoke about how it will take 3 years so we should give it to him in fact with Covid probably 4. The last 4 to 5 months of the last season was reasonably good so I will hold on to it.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Sambi and someone else. You have your main pivot in Partey and Xhaka with two young midfielders under them.

With Xhaka staying Elneny certainly becomes expendable for me.

Think that’s to much to hope for. Probably be Sambi, Thomas, Xhaka, Elneny

Kysus

Anyone who thinks that 13mil for Xhaka is better than him staying need to get their head examined.
Xhaka hate is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.

He is a good, valuable player who has a lot to offer. As a starter he might not be quite good enough for a club of our ambition but that does not mean you have to sell him...
You need quality depth in CM ffs, get rid of Elneny instead.

Vanpayslip

Hope he's booed to kingdom come, I don't care how childish that is. This club will continue to decline with him still here.

That was my first thought too when I saw the rumour of a new contract. I think that Edu and Arteta have forgotten fans will be back in the stadium soon and the team isn’t going to keep getting away with the mediocrity without fans being vocal.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Anyone who thinks that 13mil for Xhaka is better than him staying need to get their head examined.
Xhaka hate is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.

He is a good, valuable player who has a lot to offer. As a starter he might not be quite good enough for a club of our ambition but that does not mean you have to sell him...
You need quality depth in CM ffs, get rid of Elneny instead.
Again, you are misunderstanding the anger here. You admitted that Xhaka is not a player good enough to be a starter here. This move means we are not planning to buy another starter this season. This was a role that has been needing an upgrade for quite a long time. Cazorla to Xhaka was a major drop in quality and it's stupid of us to not fix that immediate.

And people would be fine if he had stayed back without contract extension. We are now making the same mistakes again. A mediocre player that no one will want is going to be here on high wages and longer contract. We won't be able to sell him. He is not the kind of player who is useful from bench too. He will be another Kolasinac.

Kysus

Again, you are misunderstanding the anger here. You admitted that Xhaka is not a player good enough to be a starter here. This move means we are not planning to buy another starter this season. This was a role that has been needing an upgrade for quite a long time. Cazorla to Xhaka was a major drop in quality and it's stupid of us to not fix that immediate.

And people would be fine if he had stayed back without contract extension. We are now making the same mistakes again. A mediocre player that no one will want is going to be here on high wages and longer contract. We won't be able to sell him. He is not the kind of player who is useful from bench too. He will be another Kolasinac.
He is a good player and a valuable option to have.

A club with ambition keeps Xhaka and gets a new CM anyway.

You need competition for starting spots, not Elneny being happy on the bench ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom