• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The Athletic isn't always reliable though. Swear they said we were after Abraham and Ramsdale. Both those transfers have gone very quiet. My hope and prayer is that Xhaka will reject us and go to Roma. Albanian culture is big on respect. If they feel disrespected by you, they'll probably not going to see you in a positive light ever again. I think he wants to be at a club where his work ethic is respected and admired despite his brain farts. There comes a time where being the "main character" or the divisive player gets tiresome. He should be on his knees for Roma, it will be the last move he can get to rebuild his stature. Serie A love players like him. They can play well into their 30s and not get exposed for it like in the PL. For his own sake, I hope he picks Italy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's not about being stingy. It’s just that they don't think he is worth that much money. I mean they have watched him be atrocious for five years, Anything beyond 15m would be daylight robbery
even if we not rate him enough there are worse players gone for more money we asking at least 20M it's not like we really asking for 30-40M.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Athletic isn't always reliable though. Swear they said we were after Abraham and Ramsdale. Both those transfers have gone very quiet. My hope and prayer is that Xhaka will reject us and go to Roma. Albanian culture is big on respect. If they feel disrespected by you, they'll probably not going to see you in a positive light ever again. I think he wants to be at a club where his work ethic is respected and admired despite his brain farts. There comes a time where being the "main character" or the divisive player gets tiresome. He should be on his knees for Roma, it will be the last move he can get to rebuild his stature. Serie A love players like him. They can play well into their 30s and not get exposed for it like in the PL. For his own sake, I hope he picks Italy.
the Athletic won't report anything unless it's sources from Club there interest in Abraham and Ramsdale but the fees put us off. We may offered Xhaka new deal but he want to leave so we'll see i don't think he'll sign after hinting about a move all summer.

Pyres7

Just let him run down his contract since no one wants him. Not sure why we're extending with a pay raise.
I'm hoping this is all just a bluff to get Roma to cough up more money. It's the only way any of this makes sense.

RunTheTrap

the Athletic won't report anything unless it's sources from Club there interest in Abraham and Ramsdale but the fees put us off. We may offered Xhaka new deal but he want to leave so we'll see i don't think he'll sign after hinting about a move all summer.
I'm on my knees man. Jesus, Jehovah, Buddha, Xenu, Chuck Norris, Bergkamp. Whatever deity that hears me typing on my keyboard. I beg you. Save my club from Xhaka. Save my club from Xhaka. Save my club from Xhaka.
*Starts speaking in tongues*

Squillaci

There are people actually defending decision to have player like Xhaka at Arsenal for 4 more years? My God.
No wonder we are declining.
People are rightfully mad because idiots are trying to extend this clown's contract.
He still has 2 years with us, if they need him, they have him.
Anything more is nonsense.

Hopefully fans will voice their frustration as soon as they are at the stadium.
If Wenger was treated the way he was treated, these idiots do not deserve one bit of respect.

Kysus

But we are not a club with ambition.

The reason to move him is not because he's a bad player in isolation, it's because that relationship has soured and both the player and fans want out of it. It's time for something new.
Our fanbase is just toxic and always in need of scapegoats. We will just get a new one if we move Xhaka on.
The whole Wenger out saga was just the tip of the Embarrassment iceberg and now we already started being pathetic again towards Arteta.

We deserve the recent downfall from grace so much.

Trill

Not Trilly
Nobody wants him now. Rather doubtful that anyone will want him however many years older on higher wages. Also, what happened to @Trilly and who ordered his replacement from Wish? Is Vinai a mod?
Fair enough, we'll keep him then until we've bolstered the midfield. If we strengthen the midfield then in a few transfer windows we'll be able to afford losing him for less than he's worth.

We can't sort everything out in one window, we're not City. And imagine we sell him for 15 and his replacement is even more ****e. I know Granit leaves a sour taste in most fans mouths but considering we hate him and he hate's us we might as well use each other to our own personal advantage as much as we can.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Seen a number of posters here make the claim that those players wouldn’t even be improvements on Xhaka which is ridiculous.

Literally the only thing Xhaka has over them is a touch more experience.
Fair enough, I think most, if not the overwhelming majority would like him gone. There are a few other factors at play though. Firstly, if he stays and we put the money towards a really exciting signing like Martinez then that wouldn't be so bad; secondly lots don't want him gone if it means accepting a really bad deal from Roma as it sends a message for our other transfers.

In terms of Xhaka against the other names you posted. I wouldn't say the only thing he has is experience. He is generally a better passer (in terms of consistency, accuracy and progressive passing). He has some strong defensive traits as well, but obviously some big negatives as well.

I think Xhaka next season is probably on a level with most of the names we've been linked too, but I would favour a rebuild with younger players coming in who are more progressive and attacking and will hopefully improve as they adapt to the league.

RunTheTrap

There are people actually defending decision to have player like Xhaka at Arsenal for 4 more years? My God.
No wonder we are declining.
People are rightfully mad because idiots are trying to extend this clown's contract.
He still has 2 years with us, if they need him, they have him.
Anything more is nonsense.

Hopefully fans will voice their frustration as soon as they are at the stadium.
If Wenger was treated the way he was treated, these idiots do not deserve one bit of respect.
If there was ever a reason to go and march to the Emirates its now. Remember Xhaka is a racist. Do you want a racist employed by this beautiful multicultural club? I think not. This is not just a march for Arsenal but a march against racism.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nah my argument is that Xhaka used to be a error prone liability in a team that wasn’t very error prone. He stuck out like a sore thumb and was clearly the problem.

Now he’s matured as a player and is a lot more reliable, unfortunately the team around his has become a lot more unreliable due to how much pressure we are under defensively. Now he’s making mistakes not due to him being a liability but just due to our entire team being a lot more error prone, which we can clearly see as every player in our defence seems to make multiple mistakes.

If the team as a whole improves but Xhaka continues to make high profile errors then I’m completely wrong, I don’t think that will happen though.
His errors this season - He choke holds a player and gets a red card. He hits the ball straight at a Burnley player in our own box that gets into the goal. He was pressed by a Leicester player resulting in him giving the ball away that led to the goal. The last one can be blamed on defense not able to get back and stop the goal. How can you say that the remaining two are not about him being a liability and just our entire team being error prone?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Surely this means they can go to €20m 🤔 I'd be happy with less tbh, €18m would be fine by me.

Seems more and more like posturing from both.

Reckon they'll meet at 20 million. If they do gotta hand it to Biggus Dickus Garlickus.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seems more and more like posturing from both.

Reckon they'll meet at 20 million. If they do gotta hand it to Biggus Dickus Garlickus.

Hope so, I just want him gone. Yes last season was his best but we need better, plus while he's playing, others are missing out.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If there was ever a reason to go and march to the Emirates its now. Remember Xhaka is a racist. Do you want a racist employed by this beautiful multicultural club? I think not. This is not just a march for Arsenal but a march against racism.

What a bunch of absolute garbage.

Go and get some fresh air, it helps.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

yeah making up stuff like this is not only unhelpful but it’s dangerous.

I want Xhaka to leave, but not because of his football ability or his characteristics, but sadly because of fans such as yourself.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I told this forum about trusting the process, but look where it’s gotten you - Xhaka and Bellerin extensions.

Arteta would be dumb to sell those two, they are his corn shields and largely made him impervious to criticism from some. They actually do deserve a raise let’s be honest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom