• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I disagree. Neves and Sabitzer for me are better passers overall than Xhaka. Aouar is at least on a par, I would even argue his short passing is better, but he’s a different type of midfielder. Locatelli only lacks experience. As that comes his game will get refined.
I'm not going to argue too hard because I'd prefer either of Neves or especially Sabitzer coming into our midfield. The stats will say that Xhaka is marginally better as a passer than both of those two but they have other strengths and anyway numbers are always debatable. I think Aouar is a little lightweight for midfield unless we play three across the middle, but he could be a great addition to the squad to rotate with ESR

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I was just trying to make a few silly jokes. Most of posts are intended to be humorous. Next time I'll do a better job to read the room. It was just banter. I saw something funny on Twitter and decided to remix it. It was just an edgy joke.
Friends again? *Puppy dog eyes*
Basically some guy on Twitter was hyping up Xhaka saying "if Xhaka stopped his mistakes, what's stopping him being loved by everyone?" and then some guy quote tweeted saying "white women", and then they posted a photo of the headline about Xhaka's alleged racism attack on a white air hostess. I found it funny and I decided to remix it. No harm intended.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
If we can't sell Xhaka I'd rather have him run down his contract than renewing it tbh. He's a good player, but with too much controversy around him. Hoped more for him, but alas didn't work out. I hope Sambi gives Xhaka some proper competition for the spot. And if he stays, I don't suspect we are getting another CM this window. (Or he is involved in late transfer deadline day drama)

But if he stays, for the love of god, don't play him at LB ever again!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His errors this season - He choke holds a player and gets a red card. He hits the ball straight at a Burnley player in our own box that gets into the goal. He was pressed by a Leicester player resulting in him giving the ball away that led to the goal. The last one can be blamed on defense not able to get back and stop the goal. How can you say that the remaining two are not about him being a liability and just our entire team being error prone?
Because we finished top in the league for most red cards this season, the pundits on SSN have actually discussed Arsenal’s ill discipline.

As for the last two it comes with learning to play out from the back, let’s not act like that’s a Xhaka specific error. We’ve seen that kind of thing happen with every team who plays out from the back.

Xhaka used to stand out clearly as an error prone and rash player, now he doesn’t, not compared to his teammates anyway.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's not like you weren't clocked a while ago by some as an alt... It just helps you act like a grown up 🤷‍♂️
I seriously think that some people on this forum read too much science fiction. The paranoia levels approach that of a Phillip K **** novel sometimes.

I'm not anyone else but myself. We've no way of proving that or disproving that but I take it as a compliment if I remind anyone of a previously fallen hero of Arsenal Mania.

Time is a Flat Circle as someone great once said.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The Roma offer is derisory. Same with the one from inter for Hector.
you cant blame Arteta , Edu or **** Garlick for that.
Italians need to show these players they are wanted be serious & pay a fair price.
Im not sure we are going to extend Xhaka but i certainly understand us not giving him away dirt cheap.
Dont forget we have a massive mess to clear up moving on the likes of Sead, Lucas T & others.
Ideally we would move on but If Granit & Hector are here next season the World will not end.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
giphy.webp

Manberg right now.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Like I said, dangerous, atleast do your Google’s, it wasn’t even the woman in question who filed the report.

If you wanted to crap on Granit there are a million ways to do it without smear campaigns such as this.

I genuinely can’t wait for this guy to leave honestly, but then I worry who’s next.
Dr Umar Xhaka

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Because we finished top in the league for most red cards this season, the pundits on SSN have actually discussed Arsenal’s ill discipline.

As for the last two it comes with learning to play out from the back, let’s not act like that’s a Xhaka specific error. We’ve seen that kind of thing happen with every team who plays out from the back.

Xhaka used to stand out clearly as an error prone and rash player, now he doesn’t, not compared to his teammates anyway.
Wait. He got a red card for choke holding a player. Not by putting in a rash tackle. How is that related to the whole team being ill disciplined?

And the error against Burnley was a classic Xhaka brainfart. He was not even trying to play out from the back. I don't see how playing out from back can be blamed for that. Just like the previous seasons, he had many such brainfarts this season too. One of them was bad enough to result in a goal. I don't think he has gotten less rash or error prone player.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Whats missed as well is that Xhaka will go in hard on players who go in hard on us, after the couple of red cards in his first season teams were a lot more wary of going in with leg breakers. Like Luiz he times its so its not as apparent now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm on my knees man. Jesus, Jehovah, Buddha, Xenu, Chuck Norris, Bergkamp. Whatever deity that hears me typing on my keyboard. I beg you. Save my club from Xhaka. Save my club from Xhaka. Save my club from Xhaka.
*Starts speaking in tongues*
Time to bring out the old Norse gods! Time to blota! In the good old days it would have been a human sacrifice! To stay within the less extreme, although not fully legal, I'll run over to the next door farm around here and cut the head of some cows they have out on pasture. Should do the trick!

surprise smile GIF

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wait. He got a red card for choke holding a player. Not by putting in a rash tackle. How is that related to the whole team being ill disciplined?

And the error against Burnley was a classic Xhaka brainfart. He was not even trying to play out from the back. I don't see how playing out from back can be blamed for that. Just like the previous seasons, he had many such brainfarts this season too. One of them was bad enough to result in a goal. I don't think he has gotten less rash or error prone player.
Thought of you when I heard he was getting an extension. Hope you can survive another 5 years of Xhaka.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

He’s right Trilly. Xhaka has been making mistakes the day he arrived here, can’t ignore this. Cost us 5points alone against Burnley last season. The negatives outweigh the positive by a long shot with this guy. I’d honestly bite Roma’s hand off for £10m at this point. Get him out the door and rebuild.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can only hope that Xhaka does a Mustafi and rejects the offer of an extension. All this talk of our best midfielder is misleading. You don't build around a 28 year old with holes in his game who has a fractios relationship with the fans and hasn't stood shoulder to shoulder with his predecessors over five years and four managers. I don't like him as a player and want him gone if only to stop the inevitable abuse and having to watch him not being what the club needs to push on. He'd be gone already if we hadn't made an obvious mistake and extended two years ago. Why do this again?
When people say he’s our best midfielder I wonder who they’re comparing him to. We almost play with 1 in the middle, as the Xhaka shifts to an inverted fullback role when we attack down the left.

Having someone more dynamic means we can not only do that, but also counter press and squeeze 10 yards up the pitch, which means creating more dangerous turnovers.

The White & Lokonga signings was in many ways a ploy to do exactly that. Xhaka made it clear 2 or 3 times he wants a new challenge yet here we are scrambling to keep him while denying opportunities to others who are desperate to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom