• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can only hope that Xhaka does a Mustafi and rejects the offer of an extension. All this talk of our best midfielder is misleading. You don't build around a 28 year old with holes in his game who has a fractios relationship with the fans and hasn't stood shoulder to shoulder with his predecessors over five years and four managers. I don't like him as a player and want him gone if only to stop the inevitable abuse and having to watch him not being what the club needs to push on. He'd be gone already if we hadn't made an obvious mistake and extended two years ago. Why do this again?

download-26.png

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I'm not even a Xhaka fan, I used to ****ing hate him but for 12 months he just hasn't been an error prone player. The part of the pitch he's building up from for Arsenal means any mistake he makes is going to lead to something dangerous pretty much every time. His pass completion for 2020/21 was 89%, which is the same as Jorginho's who also gets sacked from time to time leading to dangerous situations. Apparently he's made 2 errors leading to goals and Jorginho has made 1. I want him sold but some people's relationship with Xhaka here is just nuts. I also don't like Jorginho much.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He got a red card for choke holding a player. Not by putting in a rash tackle. How is that related to the whole team being ill disciplined?
This is why I don’t bother when it comes to you and Xhaka. You’re seriously asking me how choke holding a player is an example of ill discipline ?
And the error against Burnley was a classic Xhaka brainfart. He was not even trying to play out from the back. I don't see how playing out from back can be blamed for that.
I mean, we were literally trying to play through Burnley’s press from the back...again the Xhaka-induced-rage is warping your view on reality. The fact you called it a ‘classic’ further demonstrates that you’ve made your mind up that this was him and nobody else. You’re going to ignore the various errors that players such as Cech, Luiz, Holding and others have made while trying to play out from the back? Ok.

I don't think he has gotten less rash or error prone player
Well of course you don’t, doesn’t really matter what I say or present so let’s just leave it at that. Even if I do provide any proof you’ll just find a way to discount it because you can’t stand the player.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'm not even a Xhaka fan, I used to ****ing hate him but for 12 months he just hasn't been an error prone player. The part of the pitch he's building up from for Arsenal means any mistake he makes is going to lead to something dangerous pretty much every time. His pass completion for 2020/21 was 89%, which is the same as Jorginho's who also gets sacked from time to time leading to dangerous situations. Apparently he's made 2 errors leading to goals and Jorginho has made 1. I want him sold but some people's relationship with Xhaka here is just nuts. I also don't like Jorginho much.
89% Passes in which direction?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s right Trilly. Xhaka has been making mistakes the day he arrived here, can’t ignore this. Cost us 5points alone against Burnley last season. The negatives outweigh the positive by a long shot with this guy. I’d honestly bite Roma’s hand off for £10m at this point. Get him out the door and rebuild.
Rebuild with who?

He doesn’t make the individual errors he used to make often these days, pretty sure he on par with his teammates when it comes to that. If you’re going to go back to 2016 when he joined then yeah he’s made more mistakes than anybody else but what’s the point of that?

He’s getting better and better with each season and nobody wants to admit it but he was our best CM last season. Not going to get rid of our best CM just because you’re annoyed at some mistakes from 5 years ago and then replace him with someone who isn’t better than him and is going to make even more mistakes when faced with the same requirements.

akhil

When people say he’s our best midfielder I wonder who they’re comparing him to. We almost play with 1 in the middle, as the Xhaka shifts to an inverted fullback role when we attack down the left.

Having someone more dynamic means we can not only do that, but also counter press and squeeze 10 yards up the pitch, which means creating more dangerous turnovers.

The White & Lokonga signings was in many ways a ploy to do exactly that. Xhaka made it clear 2 or 3 times he wants a new challenge yet here we are scrambling to keep him while denying opportunities to others who are desperate to prove themselves.

I doubt either side really wants the status quo. This is mostly public posturing from us and maybe Xhaka's agent to spur interested parties. Our demands do not seem unreasonable at all here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rebuild with who?

He doesn’t make the individual errors he used to make often these days, pretty sure he on par with his teammates when it comes to that. If you’re going to go back to 2016 when he joined then yeah he’s made more mistakes than anybody else but what’s the point of that?

He’s getting better and better with each season and nobody wants to admit it but he was our best CM last season. Not going to get rid of our best CM just because you’re annoyed at some mistakes from 5 years ago and then replace him with someone who isn’t better than him and is going to make even more mistakes when faced with the same requirements.

Gunna or YoungBoy?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Rebuild with who?

This wasn't 5 years ago. This is the kind of stuff he's done and will continue to do, this is literally him in his 'prime' btw. Just like Luiz, he will always have a stupid moment in him and that's the stuff we want to get out of this team.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
This is why I don’t bother when it comes to you and Xhaka. You’re seriously asking me how choke holding a player is an example of ill discipline ?

I mean, we were literally trying to play through Burnley’s press from the back...again the Xhaka-induced-rage is warping your view on reality. The fact you called it a ‘classic’ further demonstrates that you’ve made your mind up that this was him and nobody else. You’re going to ignore the various errors that players such as Cech, Luiz, Holding and others have made while trying to play out from the back? Ok.

Well of course you don’t, doesn’t really matter what I say or present so let’s just leave it at that. Even if I do provide any proof you’ll just find a way to discount it because you can’t stand the player.
On choke hold, how can you attribute it to team behaviour rather than individual rash behaviour? If it's because of a rash tackle, it can be blamed on the team being rash.

Your rest of the post is just trying to link my argument with the fact that I don't like him, except without any valid evidence to back it up. What Xhaka did for that Burnley goal was indeed classic Xhakaism. If he is put under pressure, he makes such mistakes. Haven't we seen that enough number of times? Are you saying I made it up? He has been doing the same mistakes before and after we have been playing out from the back. Even Luiz has made the same mistakes before and after we started playing out from the back.

For an outfielder, he has the record for such errors. He is worse than the other people you mentioned in the list.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Our 'best' midfielder last season who may be the only player in world football who you can make a mistake highlight video out of :lol:

This is last season as well.

REWB

If he stays im glad, there were some games last season where he played really well. Bring in Bruno and thats really good midfield depth. Partey/Lokonga- Guimarães/Xhaka. I really like that.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
89% Passes in which direction?
Not the subject of my post, you wanna know that you can find out your self.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I'm not going to argue too hard because I'd prefer either of Neves or especially Sabitzer coming into our midfield. The stats will say that Xhaka is marginally better as a passer than both of those two but they have other strengths and anyway numbers are always debatable. I think Aouar is a little lightweight for midfield unless we play three across the middle, but he could be a great addition to the squad to rotate with ESR

I completely forgot Guimaraes btw another superior passer to Granit.

mirrorstare

Mourinho must be feeling the pressure, if he doesn't hurry the player out of his price range will be priced out even more out of his range.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Nobody wants him & the only club that wants him won't pay anywhere near 20m for him. But according to experts here he is getting better every year & doesn’t make mistakes anymore whereas he was Burnley's MOTM against us in both games this past season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom