• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
When people say he’s our best midfielder I wonder who they’re comparing him to. We almost play with 1 in the middle, as the Xhaka shifts to an inverted fullback role when we attack down the left.

Having someone more dynamic means we can not only do that, but also counter press and squeeze 10 yards up the pitch, which means creating more dangerous turnovers.

The White & Lokonga signings was in many ways a ploy to do exactly that. Xhaka made it clear 2 or 3 times he wants a new challenge yet here we are scrambling to keep him while denying opportunities to others who are desperate to prove themselves.
There's no actual like for like comparison that makes sense. There's just stats and cherry picking. We don't need the stability he's allegedly offering and I hope he saves us from outgrown stupidity by telling us where yo go with our offer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine Amazon pulling all the stops and going full 2001 Space Odyssey.

Gunnersaurus finding a U shaped monolith.

Arteta asking Elneny to pass forward and him replying "I'm sorry, I can't do that, Mik".

A giant baby Xhaka floating over London Colney.

Art.

Should be adapted into a video game too, thinking Shadow of the Colossus.

Try to tell me with a straight face...that taking control of Gunnersaurus as he tries to scale a giant version of Vinai, while trying to stab him in his balding head weak spot...wouldn't be money?!

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Arteta asking Elneny to pass forward and him replying "I'm sorry, I can't do that, Mik".

Art.

LDPgKfJ.jpg

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Try to tell me with a straight face...that taking control of Gunnersaurus as he tries to scale a giant version of Vinai, while trying to stab him in his balding head weak spot...wouldn't be money?!
How do you even come up with stuff like this

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Torreira would be that one short colossus you need to make it run straight into a wall.

If Mustafi were still here, he'd be the Colossus you need to make fall by running your short into it.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Art.
What we really need is a version of Evangellion with Xhaka as Shinji, Arteta as Gendo and Willian as Pen Pen.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

Art.
This is great. You’ve become my favorite poster on here, Dude.

You should come to one of my garden parties. Malibu. Nice beach community, although the police are ****ing fascists.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Art.
Brilliant post, laughed out loud reading this

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Epic game @Riou - absolutely sensational stuff. There are some brilliant pop cultural references coming into this thread. Love it.

Jack Circus

I said months ago Xhaka would be much harder to replace than people assumed, and well well well how the turn tables, keeping him is by far the most efficient solution. The only reason to sell is either cos the player himself is sick of the club and wants something new, or just to placate the whims of our p*ssy b8tch whiny fans.

Everyone agread Partey was sh*te for most of last season, it was only in the 2nd half of the season when he'd got a bit of fitness that his form improved, and what happened when an in-form Xhaka played next to an in-form Partey? We had a balanced and very competent midfield.

Playing a fit and in-form Partey-Xhaka midfield for 38 PL games next year would yield better performances than 90% of the solutions fans on here have been coming up with all summer, I even seen people suggest Renato Sanches to play in a pivot with Partey...jesus suffering f*ck.

Only reason I'd want Xhaka to leave is so he doesn't have to interact with Arsenal fans again, by far the worst fan base in football.

jeremypkw

I said months ago Xhaka would be much harder to replace than people assumed, and well well well how the turn tables, keeping him is by far the most efficient solution. The only reason to sell is either cos the player himself is sick of the club and wants something new, or just to placate the whims of our p*ssy b8tch whiny fans.

Everyone agread Partey was sh*te for most of last season, it was only in the 2nd half of the season when he'd got a bit of fitness that his form improved, and what happened when an in-form Xhaka played next to an in-form Partey? We had a balanced and very competent midfield.

Playing a fit and in-form Partey-Xhaka midfield for 38 PL games next year would yield better performances than 90% of the solutions fans on here have been coming up with all summer, I even seen people suggest Renato Sanches to play in a pivot with Partey...jesus suffering f*ck.

Only reason I'd want Xhaka to leave is so he doesn't have to interact with Arsenal fans again, by far the worst fan base in football.
I agree with a lot of what you said mate, but would you mind elaborating on what would be wrong with a Partey/Sanches pivot?

Jack Circus

I agree with a lot of what you said mate, but would you mind elaborating on what would be wrong with a Partey/Sanches pivot?

Sanches should be the 3rd CM in a midfield 3, the same way Ramsey or Willock should be. Remember when we played Ramsey in a 2? Nowhere near disciplined enough. People look at Sanches and think cos he's black he must be a DM or something, when what he's best at really is dribbling, he needs freedom on the pitch.

Also he wasn't even a regular starter for Lille last season, the idea he could replace a regular starter like Xhaka is just unrealistic.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Another Manberg account, you can never have enough of those

mpower2540

Protecting the value of assets. Letting Xhaka run his contract down would be stupid.

Right now Xhaka is a better player than both Willock and Logonka so selling him would weaken us.
What value though? He’s just come off the back of a solid Euros and the only team that’s bid for him is Roma at around €12m. We’ll be making a loss on this guy either way considering we paid 35m for him.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the people we’ve been linked with are no better than him. Neves, id say is better but don’t know if he’s substantially better than Granit to move the needle and Guimarães I’ve never watched.

Xhaka and Partey is a solid midfield, but if Partey gets injured we’re screwed. Xhaka is not good enough to hold the midfield together unless he’s got a top quality partner. Lokonga we have no idea about yet, is hugely inexperienced at the top level and lets face it Arteta would probably trust Elneny over him for a period which would cost us.

Finally, I just can’t stand the bloke. He’s definitely a decent player on his day, even a very good one, but when I think about Xhaka I think slow, stupid and error prone. I can’t help but think he hates us and has wanted a way out for ages and now we’re prepared to bend over and give him a wage increase??

I’ve wanted this squad gutted for years and the fact that this guy is going to probably survive it really disappoints me tbh :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom