• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Has been ok this year and not a terrible player, has some good attributes, but I am always going to associate him with the six yr period we were out of the CL. Irrespective of how much it was his fault or not. We failed to qualify every yr he was at the club apart this final one. Now he is going.

You can say the same about every other player at the club. Saka, Martinelli, Tierney… everyone. They all failed to get us top 4 until this season. So why only Xhaka?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You can say the same about every other player at the club. Saka, Martinelli, Tierney… everyone. They all failed to get us top 4 until this season. So why only Xhaka?
I kind of agree with you. But if we won the league this year, his legacy would be different. Same with saka/martinelli etc, if they would leave now they wouldn't have any legacy. But since they are still here they have the chance to "redeem" themselves!

People forget Xhaka has been a part of 2 F.A Cups. So he has delivered a bit.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Because the first yr he got here we failed to qualify for the first time in many years and for the next six years we have failed to qualify. Now he has gone, we are back in the CL. His time here covered the entire non CL period. It's not about how responsible i think he was or not, it's just linked to him in my mind.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Because the first yr he got here we failed to qualify for the first time in many years and for the next six years we have failed to qualify. Now he has gone, we are back in the CL. His time here covered the entire period non CL period.

Same goes for everyone else. No CL for their whole period until now.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't wait for the inevitable "he might be staying" turn around right before he is confirmed by Leverkusen or something.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Has been ok this year and not a terrible player, has some good attributes, but I am always going to associate him with the six yr period we were out of the CL. Irrespective of how much it was his fault or not. We failed to qualify every yr he was at the club apart this final one. Now he is going.
It wasn't always his fault but also he is definitely not the reason we are back in it. A sign of a mediocre player really

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho is not having any of that **** I think

Yeah relative to the chaff that's in the league in midfield I personally believe he is above average. Our number 1 target this summer is a guy who is captain of a team that finished 14th to put it into perspective how many teams and centre mids we are willing to overlook in the league.

Even if I am wrong and he his average, average players can still have a good season which he did. Just not sure the need to take that away from him when he virtually started every game.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I
I feel it would have been confirmed by now. I’m kind of getting false hope. I’m praying he stays :pray:

That is what I thought too, that we will have the info at least 3 or 4 days before the Wolves match. Strange.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I feel it would have been confirmed by now. I’m kind of getting false hope. I’m praying he stays :pray:
It's the hope that kills you, so be careful. I suffered the same a couple of years ago, but in the opposite direction. It was when he looked to be off to Roma. I could taste the victory, but it was snatched out of my jaws. So be careful @BergMan! It's when you start hoping that the football gods stab you in the back! 😭

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Fun fact: Xhaka has more goals and assists than Rice and Caicedo combined.
Some other fun facts. He’s better than B Silva, Barella, Kimmich, Goretzka, Kroos and Modric for G+A. Discounting PK’s he’s just ahead of Bellingham, tied with Gündogan, and just behind Bruno Fernandes.

His season is mad underrated, which isn’t to say we can’t upgrade him, but still - won’t be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom