• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Man used to play with a lot more freedom of pass, its completely coached out of him now, his role is just to cover LB and get forward.

I remember, under Wenger and even emery, he would regularly play defence slitting passes, especially to release a full back.When is the last time we saw some diagonal switches?

Badger_Revenge

Took a while to figure how to get the best of Xhaka (hint it was not playing the DM in front of the back 4). It will be a challenge to replace him.

sub_sub

Would love for Xhaka to score in his last game, one last Xhaka boom goal from outside the area. Make it happen football gods.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Took a while to figure how to get the best of Xhaka (hint it was not playing the DM in front of the back 4). It will be a challenge to replace him.

Personally i'm not sure this is the best of him. When he's on the ball, he can be devastating. He's very much an off the ball player under Arteta. Zinchenko builds up from his side.

Henry boi

Man used to play with a lot more freedom of pass, its completely coached out of him now, his role is just to cover LB and get forward.

I remember, under Wenger and even emery, he would regularly play defence slitting passes, especially to release a full back.When is the last time we saw some diagonal switches?

Remember when he used to cost us games every weekend, having freedom to build from the back and being trusted to play make for us from the 6 position, good times those, always missing out on UCL how I want those times back
Stupid Arteta though had to ruined it by playing him further forward and allowing him to have his most productive season

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Remember when he used to cost us games every weekend, having freedom to build from the back and being trusted to play make for us from the 6 position, good times those, always missing out on UCL how I want those times back
Stupid Arteta though had to ruined it by playing him further forward and allowing him to have his most productive season

You mean the way he always plays for Switzerland?
He never “cost us every week”. He was in a much worse team. He is much more comfortable as a deep lying playmaker provided there is an athletic DM next to him. We never really gave him that.
Contrary to popular belief this was not Granit Xhaka’s best season at Arsenal from a football and technical viewpoint, it’s been his worst (but he was still excellent).

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Personally i'm not sure this is the best of him. When he's on the ball, he can be devastating. He's very much an off the ball player under Arteta. Zinchenko builds up from his side.
His best is probably splitting the distance between this season and last season, in terms of role. For too long here he was used as if he were a ball-playing version of Kante, with Emery in particular giving him vast swathes of territory to cover.

He deserves credit this season for doing pretty damn well in a role that, as has been said, only uses some of his best skills while largely ignoring others, but it was necessary for the evolution of the team for him to be the prototype if you will.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

His best is probably splitting the distance between this season and last season, in terms of role. For too long here he was used as if he were a ball-playing version of Kante, with Emery in particular giving him vast swathes of territory to cover.

He deserves credit this season for doing pretty damn well in a role that, as has been said, only uses some of his best skills while largely ignoring others, but it was necessary for the evolution of the team for him to be the prototype if you will.
I think big part of him playing that #6 role has been his intelligence in positioning etc.

It's just that he has had those bad brain farts when in trouble, and he is too slow to recover against counter-attacks in a high-line in a top team in EPL when playing lone #6.

He is just coming to his prime mentally I think, so it's sad to see him leave. I wanted him to stay at least for one more UCL season, and I think most Arsenal fans wanted the same after what has happened.

It's too bad for Arsenal that he is so ambitious/athlete that he wants to be a starting player through the season in his prime, even if it means going to Leverkusen (that team has great potential btw.) But he has served well (I always said people overly criticizing him don't see properly what he does overall for the team and on the field) and deserves to go to the club he wants to join for okay money.

Arsenal got more of his service by him extending and not leaving for cheap to Roma. And now the fee is very similar after having him in his prime. Good job by Arteta also. Not a legend in the greatest sense, but in a way he has to be close to it after everything that has happened.

The world needs more of this kind of love and forgiveness that we have witnessed because of Xhaka & the Arsenal fans, because life is not always easy. It's a great example and a legendary story we have seen through.

Last edited:

Mudi

So many useless post for a never ending discussion.

It did not work out on financial terms so they part ways. Is it that difficult.

The one is blaming the club, the other is given reasones why they the club is correct.

Move on it is done. Live with it

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Sassy Good Bye GIF

samshere

Why so serieuse?
You mean the way he always plays for Switzerland?
He never “cost us every week”. He was in a much worse team. He is much more comfortable as a deep lying playmaker provided there is an athletic DM next to him. We never really gave him that.
Contrary to popular belief this was not Granit Xhaka’s best season at Arsenal from a football and technical viewpoint, it’s been his worst (but he was still excellent).
This was the season that he played in the best Arsenal team so its become more difficult to fault him for the teams failures. Also he's got a couple of goals and assists so his contribution is more visible.
I'd say last season was his best season. We were taking the game to City with 10 men. The midfield was an absolute lock.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The fact that unlike 2 years ago there doesn't even seem to be an attempt to keep him shows what we're planning. Minimum 2 midfielders tho I still worry about depth. Personally I'd have liked Xhaka to stay as back up left 8 but it's clear that's not feasible.

Also a clear indication of how Arteta is possibly looking at the squad a bit more ruthlessly, what Xhaka did last season was great but we need a wee bit more from the role to go up a level.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The fact that unlike 2 years ago there doesn't even seem to be an attempt to keep him shows what we're planning. Minimum 2 midfielders tho I still worry about depth. Personally I'd have liked Xhaka to stay as back up left 8 but it's clear that's not feasible.

Also a clear indication of how Arteta is possibly looking at the squad a bit more ruthlessly, what Xhaka did last season was great but we need a wee bit more from the role to go up a level.
I'm more excited. If they have agreed to let Xhaka go it means they've actively sought out replacements and have likely been given the green light that they want to join. Would be brilliant to get a couple of big bits of business done early which will help attract others.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm more excited. If they have agreed to let Xhaka go it means they've actively sought out replacements and have likely been given the green light that they want to join. Would be brilliant to get a couple of big bits of business done early which will help attract others.

My only thing is if we only bring in 2 then our immediate backups are Vieira, Jorginho and Partey and for me that's quite the drop off especially if Partey cannot get back to his level earlier in the season. But there's still a long way to go to see where our squad is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom