• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
My only thing is if we only bring in 2 then our immediate backups are Vieira, Jorginho and Partey and for me that's quite the drop off especially if Partey cannot get back to his level earlier in the season. But there's still a long way to go to see where our squad is at.

Lmao, Partey isn't a back up. Don't let the last few weeks takeawy from how he has performed for the rest of the season, a very high level.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My only thing is if we only bring in 2 then our immediate backups are Vieira, Jorginho and Partey and for me that's quite the drop off especially if Partey cannot get back to his level earlier in the season. But there's still a long way to go to see where our squad is at.
There's an interesting fella in Spain Veiga. He has been talked about here before. Could maybe fill that 8 role pretty well and would demand to be a starter every week coming from Vigo. Only young and thing he is pretty high up on the goals/assists of players under 21 in the top 5 leagues.

Only probably is he would cost 30m+. Rice, Caicedo and him would probably be abit much.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lmao, Partey isn't a back up. Don't let the last few weeks takeawy from how he has performed for the rest of the season, a very high level.

Hypothetically if we signed Rice and Caicedo, or if it's not Caicedo it'll be another relatively big money signing, I cannot see them coming and playing bench. Also it's not like Partey's drop off is a rarity either, if anything his good form has been more rare in his time here. And also injuries could be catching up with him we cannot guarantee him being a dependable starter for a full season anymore.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
This was the season that he played in the best Arsenal team so its become more difficult to fault him for the teams failures. Also he's got a couple of goals and assists so his contribution is more visible.
I'd say last season was his best season. We were taking the game to City with 10 men. The midfield was an absolute lock.

No I’d say his best season in an Arsenal shirt was 2018-2019. But they have all been good seasons. Single pivot was never for him. Double pivot is where he excelled. He was always a Xabi Alonso type player.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No I’d say his best season in an Arsenal shirt was 2018-2019. But they have all been good seasons. Single pivot was never for him. Double pivot is where he excelled. He was always a Xabi Alonso type player.
Are you for real 😳? Starting to think your Xhaka admiration is just one large and persistent trolling exercise. Do you even watch our games?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Hypothetically if we signed Rice and Caicedo, or if it's not Caicedo it'll be another relatively big money signing, I cannot see them coming and playing bench. Also it's not like Partey's drop off is a rarity either, if anything his good form has been more rare in his time here. And also injuries could be catching up with him we cannot guarantee him being a dependable starter for a full season anymore.
Either way, starting or off the bench, Partey is still a great option. For what its worth, if it's Caicedo, i'd expect him to be eased in rather than thrown into the 11.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Xhaka's not going without a replacement having been lined.

Xhaka Out.

Rice In.

Really good season this year from Xhaka but you'll see with Rice the limitations Xhaka had in terms of mobility and defensive play. There will be much more tactical flexibility next season.

Xhaka playing more advanced was good tactically and he did a great job in that role but it was primarily done to negate his weaknesses.

I'm glad Xhaka's leaving on a high. I wasn't happy with him a times, in fact I wanted him out of the club for a long while but he really turned it around here and is probably leaving as something of a 'Cult hero' which is nice.

Please don't count Community Shields as proper trophies though Granit, it's like Sp**s valuing the Audi Cup :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka Out.

Rice In.

Really good season this year from Xhaka but you'll see with Rice the limitations Xhaka had in terms of mobility and defensive play. There will be much more tactical flexibility next season I'm.

Xhaka playing more advanced was good tactically and he did a great job in that role but it was primarily done to negate his weaknesses.
Exactly this. At risk of banging on this is exactly the intel I received from a colleague, via one of our heads of operation. I think beyond Rice nothing is entirely clear as yet, save that we’ll be looking to plug at least three key positions including Rice, two will be in CM, once defensive. Goal scoring isn’t really our problem atm.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Xhaka Out.

Rice In.

Really good season this year from Xhaka but you'll see with Rice the limitations Xhaka had in terms of mobility and defensive play. There will be much more tactical flexibility next season.

I'm glad Xhaka's leaving on a high. I wasn't happy with him a times, in fact I wanted him out of the club for a long while but he really turned it around here and is probably leaving as something of a 'Cult hero' which is nice.

Please don't count Community Shields as proper trophies though Granit, it's like Sp**s valuing the Audi Cup :lol:

Exactly this. At risk of banging on this is exactly the intel I received from a colleague, via one of our heads of operation. I think beyond Rice nothing is entirely clear as yet, save that we’ll be looking to plug at least three key positions including Rice, two will be in CM, once defensive. Goal scoring isn’t really our problem atm.
Getting Rice plus one solid defensive midfielder would be heaven! 🙏

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Your intel is definitely more legit than mine but my brother has a workmate in the RAF that has known Rice since they were kids.

He told my brother about 3 weeks ago that Rice was coming here.

You've heard from within the club, plus with Xhaka moving on so swiftly. It just all adds up.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There's an interesting fella in Spain Veiga. He has been talked about here before. Could maybe fill that 8 role pretty well and would demand to be a starter every week coming from Vigo. Only young and thing he is pretty high up on the goals/assists of players under 21 in the top 5 leagues.

Only probably is he would cost 30m+. Rice, Caicedo and him would probably be abit much.

Yeah he looks awesome. Both us and City were heavily linked.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah he looks awesome. Both us and City were heavily linked.
I don't know how he will translate to the PL but he is quite tall from what I remember watching (was only 1 match) but living in Spain everyone raves about him. Think he's 1.80m at least. Not like Vieira, so lightweight.

You can only get away with being that lightweight if you are 3 steps ahead of the rest like David Silva. Even Santi had abit of beef about him.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It’s funny how people just expect two big money signings in midfield. Only Xhaka is going so far and we still have ESR/Vieira. I feel like ESR could still get there with a good pre-season.

Also, Partey/Jorginho likely not going anywhere.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why, they dating now?

7neo5e.jpg

Ljonin

Enormous job on Arteta and Edus shoulders. Replacing what Xhaka brings is a very difficult task on its own, but we’re supposed to significantly upgrade the midfield this summer.

Will be Interesting to see how they fare

Pepesuave

It’s funny how people just expect two big money signings in midfield. Only Xhaka is going so far and we still have ESR/Vieira. I feel like ESR could still get there with a good pre-season.

Also, Partey/Jorginho likely not going anywhere.
If we sign another midfielder + Rice, then I sadly think ESR is gone. His unfortunate injury record means that he cannot be trusted with a regular squad place to avoid investing in other players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom