• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member
He has plated a big part in our play this season and being moved forward has helped his game hope he does well if he does move on.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Please don't count Community Shields as proper trophies though Granit, it's like Sp**s valuing the Audi Cup :lol:
Why would he do that? He has two FA Cup wins.

Even Community Shield is better than Audi Cup. Xhaka has no need to go to Sp**s level.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This one will be confirmed first week of june. German clubs like getting things done early specially xhaka want everything done before going to his holiday.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Thank you, Granit!

Mo the last of the old guard now that Rob is probably leaving as well

Winter 16 - Elneny

Summer sixteen - Xhaka and Rob (out)

Winter 17 - don’t remember if we signed anyone

Summer 17 - all out

Winter 18 - all out

Summer 18 - all out etc etc

Grande Mo

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s funny how people just expect two big money signings in midfield. Only Xhaka is going so far and we still have ESR/Vieira. I feel like ESR could still get there with a good pre-season.

Also, Partey/Jorginho likely not going anywhere.
Fully expecting at least two players in if Xhaka leaves. ATM we've three starting quality player's. We need minimum 4. It may not be bank breaking signings (Rice and Tielemans for example). If Xhaka and Partey both go I'd expect us to spend more.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Cannot stand this cow Pippa. Given the fanbase a bad name with how she comes across on The Overlap, and now this. As for the other guy, why even mention 'The Mrs'. People are odd.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Cannot stand this cow Pippa. Given the fanbase a bad name with how she comes across on The Overlap, and now this. As for the other guy, why even mention 'The Mrs'. People are odd.

Yeah I think it shows a lack of class from fans. Almost suggesting the only reason he's leaving is because of his wife. The man has probably weighed up 6-7 different things and come to the decision.

As for that girl Pippa she annoys me too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FxS_24maAAA0Roa

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I want him out. Arsenal needs to think about future now. He was a decent player for Arsenal in many ways, but Arsenal should move.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The power is in Mikel Arteta’s hands. He convinced Xhaka to stay twice before, here’s hoping he can do it a third time :pray:

Xhaka deserves a new contract, give him that 4 or 5 year deal he wants. Just because it was a mistake with Özil or Auba doesn’t mean it’s always a mistake. Xhaka is special and you will always get maximum commitment from him. He loves this club. Give him that contract.
I don’t know the facts but my best guess is he was only offered a 2 year extension early on this season and he felt insulted. Xhaka has been nothing but loyal to this club, he deserves respect!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The power is in Mikel Arteta’s hands. He convinced Xhaka to stay twice before, here’s hoping he can do it a third time :pray:

Xhaka deserves a new contract, give him that 4 or 5 year deal he wants. Just because it was a mistake with Özil or Auba doesn’t mean it’s always a mistake. Xhaka is special and you will always get maximum commitment from him. He loves this club. Give him that contract.
I don’t know the facts but my best guess is he was only offered a 2 year extension early on this season and he felt insulted. Xhaka has been nothing but loyal to this club, he deserves respect!

You really should consider a career in fiction writing.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Nah no way, he's more athletic than Cazorla or Modric who were class CMs in England, Gündogan who's among the best in England right now is not exactly a monster athlete either. That low centre of gravity, game intelligence and ability on the ball thrives everywhere
I am glad you accept that football was developed for short men and we are it’s gods.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Much as I'd like Xhaka to say, offering him a 5 year contract at his wages for the EPL would be insane. While he does have good natural fitness and isn't someone who relies on his pace, this isn't Spain, Italy or Germany. The week in week out physical intensity of the EPL is so much higher than those leagues, and previously robust players suddenly drop off a cliff early to mid 30s. About from absolute world beaters at their peak like Thiago Silva and Zlatan, who can you think of who has sustained their level well into their 30s in the EPL in recent years? Particularly those who have played regularly at a high standard since they were 17?

I'd give him another 2 years in a heartbeat, 3 years as a compromise. 5 years, which is what he's been offered by Leverkusen, would be a gargantuan risk, and not one worth taking for a player who, although possessed of many qualities, is not of the level where a drop off would still see him being hugely impactful, a la Zlatan, Thiago Sliva, Modric etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom