• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicenho

Oh I’m gonna pop a champagne when Chaka exit is confirmed. I like him, but my dislike for two certainly merchants and thieves triumphs that
I've had a bottle of Dom Pérignon waiting for years. First I thought I would have to pop it once we secured Champions League football again but then I thought just to make it feel even a bit better I'll wait until this wasteman is gone.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I've had a bottle of Dom Pérignon waiting for years. First I thought I would have to pop it once we secured Champions League football again but then I thought just to make it feel even a bit better I'll wait until this wasteman is gone.

Ellis and Bergman on AM when Chaka exit is confirmed

tumblr_mp4438rZ0o1sp9fcho1_250.gif

Topside

Xhaka had a good season, played in a position where he was no longer a liability in front of the back four, no longer a yellow or red card waiting to happen (tbf premeditated some refs).

But moving on this summer suits both parties, gets a longer contract in Germany and leaves after turning his Arsenal career around.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Its pretty obvious why he will leave.
Long contract & pretty much guaranteed starter in Germany v shorter contract & competing for his place/more of a squad position here.

There may also be the fact that although he did very well in the 8 role he may actually prefer to play deeper?

But I'm sure Mikel would have liked to keep him around for at least another year.

You have to respect & consider the players wishes.

Legend14

Established Member
If he goes I hope we get an official reason from him. Sounds like Arteta really wanted him to stay.
Why would he not want him to stay. Arteta trusts him more than any player on the pitch. And he deserves that level of trust.

I get that he wants to be a starter and all, but he could really help Arsenal by staying. He would get plenty of games along with being one of the first players to come in and shut the door.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Xhaka had a good season, played in a position where he was no longer a liability in front of the back four, no longer a yellow or red card waiting to happen (tbf premeditated some refs).

But moving on this summer suits both parties, gets a longer contract in Germany and leaves after turning his Arsenal career around.
Players move on from clubs where both parties' goals and desires change all the time. It's a natural time to part ways. He did well and can leave on good terms. There's nothing wrong with that. It's much better to part ways too soon than too late for both parties. Let him get his money and playing time in Germany while we look to upgrade so we can mount a better challenge to City and prepare for more rigorous European competition. Everyone with sense can see the logic in this happening now, it's only the obsessed fanboys that can't cope.

Legend14

Established Member
Players move on from clubs where both parties' goals and desires change all the time. It's a natural time to part ways. He did well and can leave on good terms. There's nothing wrong with that. It's much better to part ways too soon than too late for both parties. Let him get his money and playing time in Germany while we look to upgrade so we can mount a better challenge to City and prepare for more rigorous European competition. Everyone with sense can see the logic in this happening now, it's only the obsessed fanboys that can't cope.
When Vieira subs in instead of Xhaka…tears. There’s a reason Xhaka was the starter.

Bottom line is we still need a backup. He better be as good.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When Vieira subs in instead of Xhaka…tears. There’s a reason Xhaka was the starter.

Bottom line is we still need a backup. He better be as good.
And he was the weak link in the attack and will be upgraded on. This club moving away from continuing with players who aren't good enough to win the biggest trophies is a good thing. He had 1 good season out of 7 and yet we have people acting like Zidane is leaving. He can and I suspect will be improved upon and what you and all the other folks whining about this fail to realize when you ask why he's not being kept as a backup is that maybe HE doesn't want to stay and be a backup. We should not be appeasing players who can be improved upon by handing them starts when there are better options nor should we be upset if said players don't want to remain here to be rotational rather than starters. That's why I stress that this deal probably works out best for BOTH parties. At the end of the summer, if it looks like our depth is inadequate then moan then, not before he's even left and before we've even started our business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom