• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What can be said about Granit Xhaka that hasn't already been said 1000 times? Looks like it's time to jump back on this rollercoaster.

1674166701594.jpeg

EeXRgG2XoAI0S9I.jpg

Attachments

• 1670203420149.jpeg
    1670203420149.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24,542

tcahill

I don't think he's going to be here next season. Ornstein said we just extended his contract by a year, so we could potentially get a higher price later.

Let's just hope in the meantime he can establish at least a decent partnership with Partey this season, play his way into that shop window.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Let's just hope in the meantime he can establish at least a decent partnership with Partey this season, play his way into that shop window.
Let's just hope he stays on the bench after his ban is finished. Partey and Lokonga will be just fine without him

IstraBalagina

I'll be amazed if that happens, but how about because he's had four mediocre/bad ones and we'd be better off getting rid while his value was high?
Thing is he never had a monstrous season and most probably will never have a monstrous and that's why fans don't want him?
But if he miraculously improves and gives a monstrous season why sell him?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If that interview with Edu is anything to go by Xhaka isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If that interview with Edu is anything to go by Xhaka isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Not sure about that. Edu talks up the five leaders and there is question marks over all of them.
1. Auba-he is on the decline and if we sign a proper CF next summer, will he want to stay here?
2. Laca-he is on his last year and will be off in the summer.
3. Leno-clear as day that he wants out of Arsenal, otherwise why did we go so big for Ramsdale?
4. Partey-new guy but injury-prone, but he will be here next season anyways.
5. Xhaka-Mourinho's bestie, spoke about going to Italy for most of the summer, on the decline, he may look for something else, especially if a new CM comes.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not sure about that. Edu talks up the five leaders and there is question marks over all of them.
1. Auba-he is on the decline and if we sign a proper CF next summer, will he want to stay here?
2. Laca-he is on his last year and will be off in the summer.
3. Leno-clear as day that he wants out of Arsenal, otherwise why did we go so big for Ramsdale?
4. Partey-new guy but injury-prone, but he will be here next season anyways.
5. Xhaka-Mourinho's bestie, spoke about going to Italy for most of the summer, on the decline, he may look for something else, especially if a new CM comes.

More or less said we signed Lokonga because he won't get in the way of Partey/Xhaka.

Can only go on what I've seen in Arteta's time and from that Xhaka has been the most nailed on starter we've had.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@Heavy Duty Rom & @Trilly spent all summer telling me how we couldn't improve on this guy and that he 'doesn't make the same mistakes anymore' only for him to do exactly what we have seen him do since he joined, he made a cowards tackle so he didn't have to face the fans.

Don't even get me started on how he started vs Brentford.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
@Heavy Duty Rom & @Trilly spent all summer telling me how we couldn't improve on this guy and that he 'doesn't make the same mistakes anymore' only for him to do exactly what we have seen him do since he joined, he made a cowards tackle so he didn't have to face the fans.

I didn't say we can't improve on him. We definitely can, i said there is no point replacing him with Neves as its like for like. We need a different kind of midfielder one who will go box to box and make surges into the area to get on the end of some of these crosses.

Also, lets not forget how you all wanted James Maddison for 70m. Get in the bin.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I didn't say we can't improve on him. We definitely can, i said there is no point replacing him with Neves as its like for like. We need a different kind of midfielder one who will go box to box and make surges into the area to get on the end of some of these crosses.

Also, lets not forget how you all wanted James Maddison for 70m. Get in the bin.
And to add to that I said that the cost of definitely improving on him is high and a risk as 50M is pretty much the standard for a CM that might not even be top class. I also said Neves was a like for like replacement when what we need is someone else.

As for the ‘mistakes’ judge me at the end of the season on if those have gotten less frequent, I still think they have. Every player makes a few mistakes a season so while the count is at one I’d advise patience.

Next, I’m not even sure that the tackle in question counts as a ‘Xhaka mistake’ compared to the boneheaded/rage fuelled actions of old. There’s a decent amount of debate on if it even was a red and we’ve seen Bruno, Pogba and others get away with worse tackles.

Lastly, **** off with the coward’s tackle so he doesn’t have to see the fans, I’m not going to address that. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom