• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Cannot solely blame Xhaka here. Afterall what other choices do we have in midfield? Looking back now in hindsight we needed signings in January to get us over the line. Although those post match comments aren't desirable - I have a feeling he will leave (his decision) this season.
Where is Guendouzi, Saliba, Mari, and Auba whose bad squad management is responsible for a thin squad?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can’t read your contrafactual Xhaka apologist line after watching him run around like a pregnant sow in that loss

If you can’t read it then there’s no need to, just skip the post and move along with your day.

👍

TinFish

Where is Guendouzi, Saliba, Mari, and Auba whose bad squad management is responsible for a thin squad?
Mari & auba would have contributed nothing for the remainder of the season. Unfortunately yes you're right it's bad management especially when we have better players on loan. But this isn't taking away my original point about Xhaka which has nothing to do with what you're saying.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I really don’t think any of them turned up tbh. Saw your other post about players having “bank” but I disagree with that tbh. I’m convinced a lot of people on A-M tend to cover their eyes when it’s their favourites but use a microscope when it’s players they dislike - I really need to learn the art of that as you can only do that when you’re at the game. Unlike many others, I wouldn’t even say he had a bad game tonight.

Anyways, I don’t think he can win here since fans would criticise him if he didn’t come out at full time to do that interview as he’s one of the more experienced players in the team and when he does come out, they’re still criticising him. It’s a lose, lose here with him.

Best thing for him would be to move on imo.
I'll put my emotions to one side and give a proper view. I don't think what Xhaka said was a lie. It's kinda true but it came from the wrong person. Sometimes I think Granit lacks self-awareness and it ends up hurting him. When you have a track record of doing dumb sh*t and letting your team mates down, you can't then criticise your teammates for not showing 'balls'. Xhaka himself didn't turn up today either so why would he call people out?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
For the record, I'm not blaming Xhaka for tonight's loss, but we looked worse tonight than we did when Partey was babysitting Sambi. I've seen Vieira, Cesc, Wilshere, Rosicky, Santi, Partey take a game by the scruff of the neck. I didn't see that from Xhaka tonight. Different circumstances, I know but that's what we need and I'm not sure he's the one to do it or even wants to.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cannot solely blame Xhaka here. Afterall what other choices do we have in midfield? Looking back now in hindsight we needed signings in January to get us over the line. Although those post match comments aren't desirable - I have a feeling he will leave (his decision) this season.
Whether you like it or not, some of our young players have had great seasons. That can’t be erased. Saka, ESR and to a slightly less extent, Ødegaard, have been excellent and give us genuine hope. They also get called out when they’re **** but no, you won’t get many wishing they were sold. That’s hardly shocking, is it? Then you’ve got a 28 year old player who throws games away single handedly, disrespects the badge and has a ceiling that is distiinctly average—hence the lack of interest from clubs when he’s freely available—and has become the elephant in room when it comes to our absence from CL football. He definitely needs to leave the club. More so now than ever.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really don’t think any of them turned up tbh. Saw your other post about players having “bank” but I disagree with that tbh. I’m convinced a lot of people on A-M tend to cover their eyes when it’s their favourites but use a microscope when it’s players they dislike - I really need to learn the art of that as you can only do that when you’re at the game. Unlike many others, I wouldn’t even say he had a bad game tonight.

Anyways, I don’t think he can win here since fans would criticise him if he didn’t come out at full time to do that interview as he’s one of the more experienced players in the team and when he does come out, they’re still criticising him. It’s a lose, lose here with him.

Best thing for him would be to move on imo.
I wasn't going to comment on him at all until that interview. The job of interviewing was for Ode or Laca. If nobody had come out, I wouldn't have given him a thought and understood his desire to protect himself. He's just the wrong person to call out a team mate with his checkered past. I can't understand why he doesn't force a move tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If people think there aren’t any agendas on here, please check the ESR thread and tell me why it’s not blowing up after that -8/10 performance.

Is it because…

- he’s young?
- English?
- fumbled upon the number 10 shirt?
- your favourite restaurant is Nandos like your golden child?
- because he has bank for stinking up the place in the past few months?

Take your pick.

A-M has fell off. It’s nothing but a personality contest these days. That 40m that Aston Villa were offering us would have been some heist.

Ripe Banana

If people think there aren’t any agendas on here, please check the ESR thread and tell me why it’s not blowing up after that -8/10 performance.

Is it because…

- he’s young?
- English?

Take your pick.

A-M has fell off. It’s nothing but a personality contest these days. That 40m that Aston Villa were offering us would have been some heist.
It's not as active because no one is defending him. This thread is always active because for 5+ years some of you defend Xhaka.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's not as active because no one is defending him. This thread is always active because for 5+ years some of you defend Xhaka.

I just keep it fair and balanced. I’ve criticised Xhaka in the past for his brain fart moments and praised him when he’s done well. The same goes for ESR and even Arteta to some extent.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Is it because…

- he’s young?
- English?

Take your pick.

Well ESR is fairly new to the team. Xhaka has been here for 6 years or so. It's people like you who continue to defend Xhaka even when he doesn't perform is the reason why the pages blow up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For the record, I'm not blaming Xhaka for tonight's loss, but we looked worse tonight than we did when Partey was babysitting Sambi. I've seen Vieira, Cesc, Wilshere, Rosicky, Santi, Partey take a game by the scruff of the neck. I didn't see that from Xhaka tonight. Different circumstances, I know but that's what we need and I'm not sure he's the one to do it or even wants to.

We badly needed Partey for this run in, he's the only player we have who could match up in midfield with Joelinton.

Mo tries hard, but just lacks the quality of Thomas.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'll put my emotions to one side and give a proper view. I don't think what Xhaka said was a lie. It's kinda true but it came from the wrong person. Sometimes I think Granit lacks self-awareness and it ends up hurting him. When you have a track record of doing dumb sh*t and letting your team mates down, you can't then criticise your teammates for not showing 'balls'. Xhaka himself didn't turn up today either so why would he call people out?

Fair enough at least you’re putting your emotions to the side but that interview was probably the heat of the moment. I see nothing wrong with what he said regarding the age comment since that’s what I’ve been saying this whole season but I do see where you’re coming from about him being the wrong person to do that when he’s made mistakes in the past too.

Well ESR is fairly new to the team. Xhaka has been here for 6 years or so. It's people like you who continue to defend Xhaka even when he doesn't perform is the reason why the pages blow up.

ESR is fairly new but isn’t Tavares too?

Also, have I defended Xhaka when he hasn’t played well? I think you’ve directed it at the wrong person here. Whenever he’s had those brain fart moments with those sending offs or errors, I rightly said he was at fault and didn’t hold back.

When he’s played well I’ve praised him even though this thread is very quiet during those periods and when he plays bad I say it as it is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We badly needed Partey for this run in, he's the only player we have who could match up in midfield with Joelinton.

Mo tries hard, but just lacks the quality of Thomas.
It's not just the physical match up. It's being quicker and stronger and being able to turn and attack when you get the ball from the defence. I
No Partey, no midfield.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Is it because…

- he’s young?
- English?

Take your pick.

I think there are people on this forum, who cant wait for the team to fail so they would come and try to tell others that they were right about their ****. Interestingly with most regular posters, it is not about supporting the team but about their own ego. I am not speaking about Xhakas thread specifically. I am right, you were wrong blaah blaah..disaster.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No issue with what Xhaka said it was straight facts.
What he said was garbage. Pr interview trying to say the right things to get fans on.m his side. He was one of the worst and his action for the second goal was joke. He is the constant player starting last few years failure. Trash player

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
What he said was garbage. Pr interview trying to say the right things to get fans on.m his side. He was one of the worst and his action for the second goal was joke. He is the constant player starting last few years failure. Trash player
It was all true though. I don't think he was directing blame away from himself and got asked about inexperience and answered honestly. The way I heard about it initially, I thought he had gone out of his way to blame the young players and excuse himself. I didnt interpret it that way after hearing it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Oh my god ESR is a kid that leads team in goals and today our forwards had zero service but we should be as upset with him as Hindenburg Xhaka? By the way no one said the other guys played great or should be immune to criticism. Only reason Chaka gets fairly criticized is that it is apparent to most fans that he is just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom