• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
and not Arteta? :lol:

Literally started with him as a player but I dunno if you were watching us then. He's the alpha and omega of mediocrity.
Yes, we signed Arteta about a year after I became a fan. Arteta, Flamini, Squillaci, Bendtner, Andre Dos Santos, Sanogo, Chamakh, Jenkinson, Joel Campbell, Djourou. Trying to remember more human trash bags that I've cursed out in my early tenure as a fan. Wenger may have literally been the only manager who could get a tune out of these b\/ms.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Yes, we signed Arteta about a year after I became a fan. Arteta, Flamini, Squillaci, Bendtner, Andre Dos Santos, Sanogo, Chamakh, Jenkinson, Joel Campbell, Djourou. Trying to remember more human trash bags that I've cursed out in my early tenure as a fan. Wenger may have literally been the only manager who could get a tune out of these b\/ms.
That list FFS still can't believe, to this day, they have played for the Arsenal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom of the barrel quality

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That list FFS still can't believe, to this day, they have played for the Arsenal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom of the barrel quality
Absolute shyte on big, long contracts, that somehow kept getting renewed. Sounds familiar… If anything, Xhaka is now the last representative of those awful years.

Can one love Xhaka and hate Arteta? Would that not be a glaring contradiction?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Is Xhaka even here without Arteta? No, he stopped him twice and extended him.

That’s what I meant about Arteta being the alpha and omega of mediocrity, it started with him as a player and he’s maintained it through management.

Yes it’s possible to not be mad at the chess piece.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Absolute shyte on big, long contracts, that somehow kept getting renewed. Sounds familiar… If anything, Xhaka is now the last representative of those awful years.

Well I don't think it's only on Arteta/Emery. Sometimes you have to use your own tools that you already have etc and prioritize other positions. Even now we still have dross to be replaced imo.

But Granit Xhaka is just not good enough. Never seen such a full midfielder who is sweating to a simple ball control.

Arteta is a clown when it comes to midfield

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is Xhaka even here without Arteta? No, he stopped him twice and extended him.

That’s what I meant about Arteta being the alpha and omega of mediocrity, it started with him as a player and he’s maintained it through management.

Yes it’s possible to not be mad at the chess piece.
Not sure what you mean by the first part…

Make no mistake, for me, keeping the player on is a mark against the manager.

However he was open to letting him leave and his midfield importance in the eyes of the manager can’t be that high when you consider he’s thrown him in at LB of all positions, in favour of other less experienced players and ‘leaders’. The situation is confusing to be honest. One minute you think the manager rates him and then the next, he treats him like surplus. That’s an example of the managers inexperience imo. He’s letting other factors and developments determine the value of the player almost by the month. You’ll always get indecision behind the scenes from the manager, but to display it in this fashion isn’t good.

I don’t know why you keep reiterating that Arteta was a mediocre player and he’s taken that into management though, as if the two things are inextricably linked. They obviously aren’t!

For what it’s worth, at his best, he was a high class well above average midfielder. If it wasn’t for Spain being so blessed in that department at the time, he would’ve got caps in a brilliant side. He was rated highly. Irrelevant though.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Being a good parent or not he is still a liability and will cost us, I for one am amazed he is still at the club, without the pretending manager he would be gone, so all this ohhh he is wonderful ****e will soon disappear when he gets back to his old ways :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not sure what you mean by the first part…

Make no mistake, for me, keeping the player on is a mark against the manager.

However he was open to letting him leave and his midfield importance in the eyes of the manager can’t be that high when you consider he’s thrown him in at LB of all positions, in favour of other less experienced players and ‘leaders’. The situation is confusing to be honest. One minute you think the manager rates him and then the next, he treats him like surplus. That’s an example of the managers inexperience imo. He’s letting other factors and developments determine the value of the player almost by the month. You’ll always get indecision behind the scenes from the manager, but to display it in this fashion isn’t good.

I don’t know why you keep reiterating that Arteta was a mediocre player and he’s taken that into management though, as if the two things are inextricably linked. They obviously aren’t!

For what it’s worth, at his best, he was a high class well above average midfielder. If it wasn’t for Spain being so blessed in that department at the time, he would’ve got caps in a brilliant side. He was rated highly. Irrelevant though.
I’m exaggerating the slight on Arteta’s career I was quite fond of the player. Just pointing out it’s been a drop from previous midfielders to the makeshift capacity Arteta became. Irrelevant like you said and my link to mediocrity wasn’t serious.

I don’t recall Arteta ever treating Xhaka as surplus at any point. Playing Xhaka left back over a left back actually shows the desperation there is for Arteta to have Xhaka on the pitch.

That was an example of Arteta having his cake and trying to eat it too tactically (thinking Xhaka can slot in at lb and cover midfield duties where he could).

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The one thing that irks me about Arteta, is that despite liking and trusting Xhaka a lot, whenever Arteta speaks about Xhaka he refuses to sing high praises or compliments about him like he does with other players.

It reminds me of when Thiago called Fabinho word class and Klopp got mad saying he doesn’t need such complements etc, and I wonder if Arteta treats Xhaka similarly by not wishing to lavish such huge praise.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
A picture can be so amazingly powerful.

Granit Xhaka posted this then Thomas Partey shared it:

2644069F-943E-4487-97DB-4E294F773154.png

53EB09F1-4F92-4460-8AC5-F8D1577E70F7.png

Brothers 🤝🤝

The togetherness in this squad is amazing to behold. If only the fans can replicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom