• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I didn't say we can't improve on him. We definitely can, i said there is no point replacing him with Neves as its like for like. We need a different kind of midfielder one who will go box to box and make surges into the area to get on the end of some of these crosses.

Also, lets not forget how you all wanted James Maddison for 70m. Get in the bin.
Neves sh*ts over Xhaka, don’t be silly

RacingPhoton

Established Member
And to add to that I said that the cost of definitely improving on him is high and a risk as 50M is pretty much the standard for a CM that might not even be top class. I also said Neves was a like for like replacement when what we need is someone else.

As for the ‘mistakes’ judge me at the end of the season on if those have gotten less frequent, I still think they have. Every player makes a few mistakes a season so while the count is at one I’d advise patience.

Next, I’m not even sure that the tackle in question counts as a ‘Xhaka mistake’ compared to the boneheaded/rage fuelled actions of old. There’s a decent amount of debate on if it even was a red and we’ve seen Bruno, Pogba and others get away with worse tackles.

Lastly, **** off with the coward’s tackle so he doesn’t have to see the fans, I’m not going to address that. 🤣
I don't see a reason to believe that his errors leading to goals will go down especially given that he has same state for errors leading to goal in the last season. He was making the same errors against Brentford too. Every player makes errors. But when you do it at the rate Xhaka does, it is inevitable that some of them will result in goals. We have seen it for 5 years. Surprised that people still believe he will magically get better.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I didn't say we can't improve on him. We definitely can, i said there is no point replacing him with Neves as its like for like. We need a different kind of midfielder one who will go box to box and make surges into the area to get on the end of some of these crosses.

Also, lets not forget how you all wanted James Maddison for 70m. Get in the bin.
I’m not sure this is the case, you backed him to the hill tops, sent me all kinds of data just to prove a point. And I was very unsure on Madders, kept changing my mind.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

And to add to that I said that the cost of definitely improving on him is high and a risk as 50M is pretty much the standard for a CM that might not even be top class. I also said Neves was a like for like replacement when what we need is someone else.

As for the ‘mistakes’ judge me at the end of the season on if those have gotten less frequent, I still think they have. Every player makes a few mistakes a season so while the count is at one I’d advise patience.

Next, I’m not even sure that the tackle in question counts as a ‘Xhaka mistake’ compared to the boneheaded/rage fuelled actions of old. There’s a decent amount of debate on if it even was a red and we’ve seen Bruno, Pogba and others get away with worse tackles.

Lastly, **** off with the coward’s tackle so he doesn’t have to see the fans, I’m not going to address that. 🤣

Only going to address your last point since I’m not reading the other stuff. He made a very similar tackle vs Chelsea but Jorginho jumped, guys reckless when we’re losing, had been his whole career and would rather get sent off than play while we get pumped. Coward at the highest level for me.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Xhaka’s the type that would relentlessly try pull a girl at a club and when she flat out says no he’ll tell everyone he wasn’t interested and he said no to her. Coward.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't see a reason to believe that his errors leading to goals will go down especially given that he has same state for errors leading to goal in the last season. He was making the same errors against Brentford too. Every player makes errors. But when you do it at the rate Xhaka does, it is inevitable that some of them will result in goals. We have seen it for 5 years. Surprised that people still believe he will magically get better.
We’ll see. The Xhaka now is nowhere near as rash or bone-headed as the one that arrived at Arsenal.

We’ll see how the season plays out but he typically tops those ‘most red cards since’ and ‘errors leading to goals since’ tables because of his early years.

Last year according to the PL he had two errors leading to a goal. One was that freak Burnley incident where Leno played some part, I can’t remember the other. On top of that he only had one red card last season but of course when he got it they wheeled out the stat that no player has had more reds than him since blah blah.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I’m not sure this is the case, you backed him to the hill tops, sent me all kinds of data just to prove a point. And I was very unsure on Madders, kept changing my mind.
I sent you data to show him and Neves are essentially the same player, if anything Xhaka had the better stats. I didn't say we can't upgrade Xhaka, i was all for signing Camavinga, Locatelli, Aouar, Bissouma.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As for the tackle, I am surprised that people justify these kind of tackles when Arsenal has lost its own players to injury because of similar tackles. Two wrongs don't make it right. Pogba tackle deserved a red. So did Xhaka tackle.
Not justifying the tackle really more rubbishing claims that it was a tackle he went into rashly and with intentions of being sent off.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I sent you data to show him and Neves are essentially the same player, if anything Xhaka had the better stats. I didn't say we can't upgrade Xhaka, i was all for signing Camavinga, Locatelli, Aouar, Bissouma.

Im 100% sure you did. Went to the exact post you said it but you’ve gone back and edited it. Locatelli still getting a mention? Have you seen him for Juve, looks crap 🤢

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We’ll see. The Xhaka now is nowhere near as rash or bone-headed as the one that arrived at Arsenal.

We’ll see how the season plays out but he typically tops those ‘most red cards since’ and ‘errors leading to goals since’ tables because of his early years.

Last year according to the PL he had two errors leading to a goal. One was that freak Burnley incident where Leno played some part, I can’t remember the other. On top of that he only had one red card last season but of course when he got it they wheeled out the stat that no player has had more reds than him since blah blah.
Except one Emery season, his errors leading to goal is just 2 or 1 in every other season if I remember correctly. So last season was not really an outlier. It's just an ongoing trend. Red card wise, he had two in his first season after which he was playing sufficiently safe for a good period before getting back to it last season and this season. But yellow cards wise, he got 7 last season (+1 red) and 10 each for the three seasons before that. So I won't say he his rashness/errors has reduced yet.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Im 100% sure you did. Went to the exact post you said it but you’ve gone back and edited it. Locatelli still getting a mention? Have you seen him for Juve, looks crap 🤢
Stop making up nonsense. I never said we can't improve on him. I wanted us to shift to a 433 with Partey holding, Ødegaard and a new CM next to him.

I just didn't see any logic in selling Xhaka for 15m to sign Neves for 40. I still don't.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Stop making up nonsense. I never said we can't improve on him. I wanted us to shift to a 433 with Partey holding, Ødegaard and a new CM next to him.

I just didn't see any logic in selling Xhaka for 15m to sign Neves for 40. I still don't.

If you hadn’t of edited we’d see the truth but let’s go with what you say, I wanted similar to that as well, but it seemed Mikel wanted different and Neves would of been ideal, especially over Xhaka.

15M for Xhaka and 35M for Neves is quality business.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How the heck can we still debate Xhaka? We have seen him for 5 years now! He isn’t changing. He will always be what he is, a slow, unathletic, extremely one footed player that needs time and space on the ball for his offensive qualities to show. His many short comings are well documented. If anything his start to this season should further have cemented everyone’s views!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If you hadn’t of edited we’d see the truth but let’s go with what you say, I wanted similar to that as well, but it seemed Mikel wanted different and Neves would of been ideal, especially over Xhaka.

15M for Xhaka and 35M for Neves is quality business.
Link me the post?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We should have let Xhaka go for less. Haggling over him was the worst piece of business we have done over many years. That and extending his contract!
I still think this will be his last season. The new contract probably just to ensure we get a fair fee. Like i said, i'd have no issue with selling as long as we bring in a different kind of CM starter.

I think the CM and Striker role will be are main targets next summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will certainly come straight back into the team for Sp**s, when his ban is over...just gotta hope that Partey is fit to babysit him.

I would honestly just rotate Lokonga and Niles next to Thomas this season...extend Niles and sell Xhaka next summer.

If Granit is still here after the next summer transfer window, it will be absolutely mental.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He will certainly come straight back into the team for Sp**s, when his ban is over...just gotta hope that Partey is fit to babysit him.

I would honestly just rotate Lokonga and Niles next to Thomas this season...extend Niles and sell Xhaka next summer.

If Granit is still here after the next summer transfer window, it will be absolutely mental.
This fanbase is so extreme. Right now Xhaka is a better CM than Lokonga and definitely a better CM than AMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom