• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
if he really has no longer injury after this accident, his body really is unbreakable.

edit: okay, just seen the comments above me...
would have been a big surprise otherwise.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All i know about xhaka his body refuse to get injured it was big impact to his Achilles but early to tell its serious or not

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He was always going to start today. If things had went badly he'd have been crucified so fair play to him for responding with a good performance.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Looks like he'll be out for a while, ngl though I really felt he didn't do THAT much to make a difference.
He had a couple decisions on the ball I didn't like (one in middle of the pitch where he had a direct pass to Ødegaard on and he decided to go sideways with a lifted ball and hit a Sp**s player with it), another where he could've played Tierney through on the ground in the final third and he decided to huff it into the box.

That said, the rest of his game was good and you can't underestimate his contribution to the 2nd goal. One because he bails Ramsdale out from a bit of poor decision making which could've easily been the 1-1. Two because he manages to turn that near disaster into a goal scoring move.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He had a couple decisions on the ball I didn't like (one in middle of the pitch where he had a direct pass to Ødegaard on and he decided to go sideways with a lifted ball and hit a Sp**s player with it), another where he could've played Tierney through on the ground in the final third and he decided to huff it into the box.

That said, the rest of his game was good and you can't underestimate his contribution to the 2nd goal. One because he bails Ramsdale out from a bit of poor decision making which could've easily been the 1-1. Two because he manages to turn that near disaster into a goal scoring move.

Hate to be that guy, and he did obviously play a key part in that goal, but feel I've seen him get the ball in that position loads of times and it result in something else.

He was good, don't get me wrong but swap him for Lokonga and I feel the results might be the same.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Hate to be that guy, and he did obviously play a key part in that goal, but feel I've seen him get the ball in that position loads of times and it result in something else.

He was good, don't get me wrong but swap him for Lokonga and I feel the results might be the same.
I'm more or less inclined to agree one thing I'll say though is I don't think Ramsdale ever makes that pass to Xhaka in the first place if it's Lokonga. You need a bit of experience and players that give their teammates confidence passing it to them when playing out of the back and rightly or wrongly Xhaka offers more of that than Lokonga, with Lokonga I haven't seen too much confidence yet from our back line to pass the ball into him in those situations.

But yeah, I tend to agree there is not much in it between Xhaka and Lokonga.

Though it has to be said Xhaka's performances with Thomas as his partner have been generally quite encouraging and of a very decent level.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Remember when xhaka sent off against Burnley last season? when he came back he rarely put foot wrong apart from few. It's like usual thing with him to have that during the season.

I hope his injury not serious because we need options in midfield and he look very comfortable when leader and quality plsyer like Thomas play beside him

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Always does well when he's back after a suspension until his next suspension 😁
Can use him for big games like this. But would still drop him and play the 433 vs Burnley for other smaller teams.

Tomb Bombadil

Good game from Xhaka, but some moments he's decicion making was to rash and he was lucky not to get caught out. On the other hand his mentality is always good in a NLD:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Glad he started tbh, think Arteta got that one right.
How can you be glad about it? He definitely didn't deserve to start, it really pisses me off especially after some solid games we've seen from Lokonga who already looks much better than Xhaka

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How can you be glad about it? He definitely didn't deserve to start, it really pisses me off especially after some solid games we've seen from Lokonga who already looks much better than Xhaka
Because the "right" thing to do was keep Lokonga in his place as he's done nothing wrong to lose it, but Arteta said sod it and went for his "best" 11. I think it paid off and thought Xhaka was great today.

Edit: I should clarify I could care less what we do with the rest of the season btw - I only care about a win against Sp**s home and away as that's all I can realistically expect from this club. I wanted Mikel to pick whoever he thought was best for the game and he did it so I have no complaints.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
An overall good game from him. I felt he should have been subbed off when he dived on on the edge of the box as he was tiring then. There were some decisions already mentioned where he might have done better and played quicker but at least I saw some gorward play and movement. I said before I'd never seen him have a good game for us. Today was his best imo as he actually looked like part of the team instead of passing backwards, running away and pointing. Thankfully his brain dead moments didn't cost us and I was pleased for him that he was clapped off in appreciation. I'd still like someone else and think Lokonga should have been on much earlier or started.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Because the "right" thing to do was keep Lokonga in his place as he's done nothing wrong to lose it, but Arteta said sod it and went for his "best" 11. I think it paid off and thought Xhaka was great today.
He wasn't great at all but OK. I don't want to praise him just because he didn't make 3 critical mistakes today. Partey was great, Xhaka was just there. Nothing would change with Lokonga or Xhaka, the game was won by others if we are honest, but I don't want to accept team selections based on some theatrics from Xhaka, quality wise he is bellow Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom