• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
So I guess the team only misses him when we dont win? Or did we still miss him today and would have scored more if he had played?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Xhaka is awful, I don’t like to cheer for any player to be injured especially a Gunner. But he simply doesn’t provide enough offensively to justify his numerous mistakes and his desire to hold the league’s all time red card record. Tacklers who go to ground too much are a liability in modern football, it’s a sign of a player who is too slow and gets himself out of position, look at the way Busquets plays central midfield, he isn’t fast either but is always where he is supposed to be

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
1st Jan apparently.

Hopefully he is back then because at best Elneny and Partey would leave for AFCON two days later.
I think he'll back earlier than expected his knee didn't go to operation and his knee haven't had major operations before i won't be surprised he hack in December.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he'll back earlier than expected his knee didn't go to operation and his knee haven't had major operations before i won't be surprised he hack in December.

Would be huge.

Earliest Partey and Elneny could leave is the 27th so that would help cover us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He wont be rushed back with the sort of injury he has. People talk about determination to get back being a factor but it isn't. There's a set time period for ligament injuries and nobody is going to under cook his healing time. 3 months minimum makes his return date early January, but similar injuries to other players have been nearer 4 months, so expect February.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This is the crucial point on Xhaka imo - he might not be amazing, but he's important to this squad. We'll manage without him, but just watch as the spot light gets turned onto Lokonga now. Hopefully he can adjust to the pace and the team fairly quickly. I'm not surprised that he struggled against Brighton though - it's a big ask to come in as a new young player from a lesser league and immediately be Top 6 standard.
He is my least favorite player, I think when he keeps his cool and plays with controlled aggression as opposed to silly cards he is average. I’d rather play Sambi there with Partey in Xhaka’s role. Xhaka also has a huge number of bad giveaways, he doesn’t like to be pressured. And when he does give it away he can only recover by taking a bad foul. And for all the talk about his left foot he assists or scores a goal once a blue moon. Doesn’t pick up many key passes either, no offense the guy is worst player in starting 11. He can be good for a lot of clubs but he is a mediocre premier league player

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Protecting his value will look like a funny idea by the end of this season, but then, everything Mikel and Edu do is funny or tragic, depending on how you look at things.

Should've taken 10-15m or whatever was on the table, add 35m we've invested for no reason in Ode, and we would have a top quality CM for that money, which would be the difference between mid-table and European places this season, but it's also a difference between people like Arteta/Edu and people who actually know what they are doing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He wont be rushed back with the sort of injury he has. People talk about determination to get back being a factor but it isn't. There's a set time period for ligament injuries and nobody is going to under cook his healing time. 3 months minimum makes his return date early January, but similar injuries to other players have been nearer 4 months, so expect February.

That’s a nightmare scenario.

Playing away at Sp*rs with only Lokonga and AMN as midfield options unless Edu gets a midfielder in the first two weeks of January.

If we have to release players on the 27th December that means they’d have to play against City as well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That’s a nightmare scenario.

Playing away at Sp*rs with only Lokonga and AMN as midfield options unless Edu gets a midfielder in the first two weeks of January.

If we have to release players on the 27th December that means they’d have to play against City as well.
We have to get someone in on loan at least. If they’re earning their money they should be thinking about this now. Still time for players to come to the fore in the next eight weeks though. If it turns out that the midfield situation costs us a Champions League place, that would be a slow motion ****ing disaster.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will be back before Partey goes to the AFCON, imo.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Hold on, weren’t we meant to be (even more) of a disaster class without him?

Hold on again, wasn’t he supposed to be the glue to our team who kept it ticking with his immense, quick midfield play and the only thing that kept our midfield from collapsing every game?

Miss you Xhaka xo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom