• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They say absence makes the heart grow fonder and I am seeing that with the fan base and Xhaka at the moment. Give it about 3-4 games of him playing and half of them will be back to revolting in disgust at the sight of his name on the team sheet.
He'll always divide the fans it's nothing new but no one can deny with him we preform better and Partey proven without xhaka he struggling so we'll see.

mirrorstares

The absence thing would make sense if we weren't getting good results, but we have

People want Xhaka in simply because he's comfortably superior than all our midfielder alternatives, by a huge margin at this point. For some reason another of his many curious football talents is that he's the player least affected by the decrease in quality playing Artetaball brings.

Can Partey be better with a competent manager? Probably. Alas, that's not the case for Arsenal atm, unfortunately for him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The absence thing would make sense if we weren't getting good results, but we have

People want Xhaka in simply because he's comfortably superior than all our midfielder alternatives, by a huge margin at this point. For some reason another of his many curious football talents is that he's the player least affected by the decrease in quality playing Artetaball brings.

Can Partey be better with a competent manager? Probably. Alas, that's not the case for Arsenal atm, unfortunately for him.
We preformed better without him in side but we could've been alot better in some games with him side for example the crystal Palace at home Brighton away and even manutd away he won't make major difference but we'll control the midfield better. Still in summer an big upgrade needed

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We preformed better without him in side but we could've been alot better in some games with him side for example the crystal Palace at home Brighton away and even manutd away he won't make major difference but we'll control the midfield better.
I mean we have watched him for 5 years. He definitely controlled the midfield better.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I mean we have watched him for 5 years. He definitely controlled the midfield better.
As i said not major difference but because we fielding off form Partey average Moh and young Lokonga will make a difference not difference that we'll dominate the midfield but we'll be better with ball specially in situation when we leading

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The news of Xhaka returning soon as he's still rent-free in the heads of this threads police.

idea intensifies GIF

blaze_of_glory

Well, as much as I think everyone knows Xhaka needs to be improved on for us to go up a level, we are still somehow in the situation where none of our other mids actually are an improvement. Maybe Sambi can get there, but so far Partey has not shown he is, at least not consistently.

Xhaka back will help us until we actually improve the midfield.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In before Lokonga and Xhaka send Partey straight to the bench!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Also with him returning we'll be better when leading he one of mids that can hold the ball well and not give it away everytime also despite what everything think about him he bring leadership in side
No. He can hold it when not pressed and given all the time in the world. Feel sorry for White and Ramsdale having to deal with his backpassses all day. Tavares won't be helping him out lurking on the wing. He'll be hiding in midfield whilst occasionally pointing and shouting for the ball to go to anyone but him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He'll always divide the fans it's nothing new but no one can deny with him we preform better and Partey proven without xhaka he struggling so we'll see.
I do deny it. We've looked better without him and it's Partey holding his hand that has made him look like a viable player. Pity Lokoknga and AMN having to nursemaid this fella who is barely an option to pass to if we want to play quick and forward.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I joke about it, but I do believe it to be true...Partey probably feels he "got done" with this move, tbh...don't feel he's lost anything in terms of ability or pace, just mentally he's a little fatigued.

Thomas bought into Arteta's "Champions League win in 3 years" manta and probably feels a little stupid right now :lol:

The better the team starts to get (hopefully) and the more motivated Partey becomes with that, I still feel he will be a very good player for us.

He's not unhappy here, but probably a little disillusioned right now...but he could easily overcome that.
Let's get it real, the main reason partey came was the salary; if Arteta can convince him we are on the way back up that's a bonus but if we don't pay significantly more than atletico than I don't think he is coming

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Maybe he can, however I think that he is somehow irresponsible. Like he does not care.

Same as the French group.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Well, as much as I think everyone knows Xhaka needs to be improved on for us to go up a level, we are still somehow in the situation where none of our other mids actually are an improvement. Maybe Sambi can get there, but so far Partey has not shown he is, at least not consistently.

Xhaka back will help us until we actually improve the midfield.
I do not think that there is a better CM than Xhaka out there. Honestly.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I do deny it. We've looked better without him and it's Partey holding his hand that has made him look like a viable player. Pity Lokoknga and AMN having to nursemaid this fella who is barely an option to pass to if we want to play quick and forward.
Don't understand who on this forum can still be view Xhaka as a solution to any of our problems, unless it is getting Arteta fired sooner. Playing Xhaka is one of the main reservations I have with Arteta myself. It clearly shows that he has blindspots and doesn't really live by his "non-negotiables" himself when push comes to shove.

Think having not have him play for a while has raised his stock unfortunately. One can start imagining him being some kind of solution to poor play. Let's not forget that he started every game in our 0-3 start of the season. He wasn't to blame for all of it, but he sure was starting in all those games at one of the most important positions on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom