• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would still rather play Partey and Lokonga when he returns, tbh...even with Sambi''s growing pains and Thomas' inconsistent form...think they offer more.

Xhaka isn't terrible, will be needed when Partey goes away for a month...but really like Lokonga, think he could really grow into and improve what Grnait does for us.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I’d prefer a ham sandwich in midfield over Xhaka, but after contact with the sandwich’s agent he doesn’t want anything to do with the sh.t show we got going on, so it’s looks like Xhaka is the best we can do with Partey having a terrible year so far.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Would still rather play Partey and Lokonga when he returns, tbh...even with Sambi''s growing pains and Thomas' inconsistent form...think they offer more.

Xhaka isn't terrible, will be needed when Partey goes away for a month...but really like Lokonga, think he could really grow into and improve what Grnait does for us.
I hate Xhaka as much as anyone else however lokonga is no where near the required level yet (and Partey has been disappointing). Lokonga has done well enough as a stop gap during injuries and we have managed to do well without xhaka but it won’t last. We unfortunately need him back (think I nearly vomited in my mouth) if we have any glimmer of hope of seeing a semi-functional attack.

This is more of an insult to the dire state of our midfield than a compliment to the talent of Xhaka though.

blaze_of_glory

Sambi has big potential for sure. Needs to get that consistency but yeah his ceiling should be higher than Xhaka's.

I'm not sure Partey /Lokonga is currently better than Partey/Xhaka though. But then if we want Sambi to develop he does need to play regularly.. no easy answers at the moment.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Xhaka is ready to play then surely we start with Sambi and bring Xhaka on for the last 20 or 30 mins, or maybe not at all. No point starting him straight after a long absence.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Obviously Arteta feels he'll add something to the team we've been missing to rush him back like this, and tbh he does bring a lot of organisation - an ability to cover defensively and let us keep the ball for longer than it takes to counterattack.

Tongue in cheek, his passing should look better when hes pressed as the ball will go to White or Gabriel who will then make an amazing pass.

mirrorstares

Before Arteta commanded his team to timewaste, he was the difference between sitting back or doing our boring U shape attack with cross and inshallah from early Artetaball

Then Arteta started making some piss poor subs and lost us the game, but other than a needless foul on Gordon he was one of our better players.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Before Arteta commanded his team to timewaste, he was the difference between sitting back or doing our boring U shape attack with cross and inshallah from early Artetaball

Then Arteta started making some piss poor subs and lost us the game, but other than a needless foul on Gordon he was one of our better players.
To be fair Gordon had plenty of space if Xhaka was beaten.

But yeah, that yellow cost us, because otherwise he would have done the tactical foul on the second goal. We shouldn't have tried to ****house the win at the end.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲

Piss off Manberg, he was nowhere near one of our better players. Our midfield and attack are dogshit.

mirrorstares

To be fair Gordon had plenty of space if Xhaka was beaten.

But yeah, that yellow cost us, because otherwise he would have done the tactical foul on the second goal. We shouldn't have tried to ****house the win at the end.

Yeah, but it looked malicious enough

When he racks up the yellows is usually when he has to tackle from behind after his speed gets exposed, this one was just poor decision making I think.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
To recap, we lose 3 out of 4 matches Xhaka played in which he got red carded in a match. He suffers a long term injury.

Then we try playing combinations of Partey, Sambi and AMN. Even though our attack was dogshit, our midfield showed some signs of solidity and we even had a chance to get back to top 4.

AMN gives a MoM performance. He gets benched in favour of Partey in his worst form of life and Elneny.

Then Xhaka gets fit. For some reason, Arteta believes that this 3 losses out of 4 guy is going to change our fortunes and throws him directly into the starting lineup ahead of Sambi, doesn't even sub him off when he looked knackered and got a yellow. Oh yes, AMN is not even on the bench this time. Of course, we lose against Everton.

And don't even get me started on the "I'm back" message. Biggest clown in the club after Bendtner.

But at this point, we have to point fingers at Arteta and ask many questions.

blaze_of_glory

Very good first half but was gassed immediately in the second. As you would expect after three months out. Insane to keep him on the entire game, especially after he seemingly asked for a sub.

Either get him off at 65th minute, or start Sambi and bring Xhaka on for the last 20-30. Mind-boggling management...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom