• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Xhaka played his best football under Emery............. all Arteta did was to give less responsibilities to Xhaka and exposed him less. Statisically he has been on a decline under Arteta.
God save us if that is true! Because he was terrible under Emery.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Look, I despise this guy and I would personally throw a party when he eventually leaves, but why does this club continuously find new ways to **** itself for this guy? Even if you’re a Xhaka fan, you could see how poorly he was struggling. Man was gassed by half time and we lost the game when him and White let the Everton runner go. Anyways Xhaka is who he is. I probably should’ve put this in the Lokonga section in hindsight, but why he is now getting the cold shoulder?

mirrorstares

Surprised that people wonder why he lasted the whole 90, it was pretty obvious. He was one of our few good performers and Arteta picked Tierney as the guy who needed a break (which was the incorrect sub anyway). After that marathon man Martinelli injured himself after running around so much so we had to waste another sub, and once they scored our third sub had to be an attacking one.

Without Martinelli injury we would have probably seen Elneny, but it should have been for Partey anyway.

As for the other conversation, it's pretty boring having people that can't get over how Xhaka has been in the past when we now have so many bigger problems. You now support a club where Granit Xhaka is currently the best midfielder, embrace it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Surprised that people wonder why he lasted the whole 90, it was pretty obvious. He was one of our few good performers and Arteta picked Tierney as the guy who needed a break (which was the incorrect sub anyway). After that marathon man Martinelli injured himself after running around so much so we had to waste another sub, and once they scored our third sub had to be an attacking one.

Without Martinelli injury we would have probably seen Elneny, but it should have been for Partey anyway.

As for the other conversation, it's pretty boring having people that can't get over how Xhaka has been in the past when we now have so many bigger problems. You now support a club where Granit Xhaka is currently the best midfielder, embrace it.
Everyone says Xhaka is the best midfielder in the team and part of our best 11. But no one tells me why we lost 4 out of 5 games he played while losing only 2 out of the remaining 10.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Our best midfielder is Lokonga.......... he has issues and causes a lot of defensive instability to us, but he is too important a player for our attack to be dropped. Without him we go back to playing donut football. A strong case can be made that Xhaka should be playing and Partey should be benched, but either way Lokonga has to play.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Everyone says Xhaka is the best midfielder in the team and part of our best 11. But no one tells me why we lost 4 out of 5 games he played while losing only 2 out of the remaining 10.
1639077015416.png

Look at the guys we are beating though? We would have been them Xhaka or no Xhaka.

You guys need to be concerned about Partey tbh that guy is a whole mess and got outplayed by a rusty Xhaka.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
View attachment 5141

Look at the guys we are beating though? We would have been them Xhaka or no Xhaka.

You guys need to be concerned about Partey tbh that guy is a whole mess and got outplayed by a rusty Xhaka.
We lost against Brentford and Everton with Xhaka. We were at least good at beating the minnows without him. If Xhaka belongs to our best 11, why did we lose against them?

Partey has been on bad form, agreed. But I am more concerned about the fact that we have a midfielder who has been proven to be a PL failure for the past 5 years and for some reason the manager still gives minutes to him at the cost of Sambi and AMN in a season where we are supposed to be developing youngsters into the main team. He was twerking for Mourinho in the summer.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Janet Yellen GIF by GIPHY News

Janet Yellen perfectly describes it for you. Correlation != Causation

You can only make a point with certainty that he was at fault for our collapse at City where he got a red card, although City game is always one of those Free Hit games :)

But going by this "1+1=2 Wowww, Eureka" logic that gets mentioned here, then you can equally say that other players were at fault on why we lost.

How come some of our favourite players have started in more losing efforts than Xhaka? Are Saka, Tierney, Auba, ESR, White etc... not part of our best 11?

Ramsdale played in 3/6 losses
Leno - 3/6
White - 4/6
Gabriel - 3/6
Holding - 2/6
Mari - 2/6
Tierney - 4/6
Tavares - 5/6

Tomiyasu - 3/6
Partey - 3/6
Xhaka - 4/6
Elneny - 3/6
Lokonga - 3/6
AMN - 3/6
Saka - 6/6
Ode - 4/6
ESR - 5/6

Pepe - 2/6
Auba - 5/6
Laca - 4/6

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Leno - 3/6
White - 4/6
Gabriel - 3/6
Holding - 2/6
Mari - 2/6
Tierney - 4/6
Tavares - 5/6

Tomiyasu - 3/6
Partey - 3/6
Xhaka - 4/6
Elneny - 3/6
Lokonga - 3/6
AMN - 3/6
Saka - 6/6
Ode - 4/6
ESR - 5/6

Pepe - 2/6
Auba - 5/6
Laca - 4/6
@RacingPhoton pls h'explain?

are Tierney and Saka a concern too or?

RacingPhoton

Established Member

You can only make a point with certainty that he was at fault for our collapse at City where he got a red card, although City game is always one of those Free Hit games :)

But going by this "1+1=2 Wowww, Eureka" logic that gets mentioned here, then you can equally say that other players were at fault on why we lost.

How come some of our favourite players have started in more losing efforts than Xhaka? Are Saka, Tierney, Auba, ESR etc... not part of our best 11?

Leno - 3/6
White - 4/6
Gabriel - 3/6
Holding - 2/6
Mari - 2/6
Tierney - 4/6
Tavares - 5/6

Tomiyasu - 3/6
Partey - 3/6
Xhaka - 4/6
Elneny - 3/6
Lokonga - 3/6
AMN - 3/6
Saka - 6/6
Ode - 4/6
ESR - 5/6

Pepe - 2/6
Auba - 5/6
Laca - 4/6
If we are looking for the best starting 11, we should be looking at number of games they played against the number of losses/draws/wins we got in those games. While Saka was part of 6 defeats, he was also part of 7 wins.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If we are looking for the best starting 11, we should be looking at number of games they played against the number of losses/draws/wins we got in those games. While Saka was part of 6 defeats, he was also part of 7 wins.
But your logic fails on so many players? Tierney? Ødegaard? have just as many losses under their belt as Xhaka it's not a very good argument at all. Laughable actually.

You're pretty much trying to pin the results of a team sport led by a questionable manager on one guy you don't like? do you not see all the holes in this argument?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
While Saka was part of 6 defeats, he was also part of 7 wins.
And Xhaka was injured/suspended on all the games he missed. As soon as he recovered he was straight back to starting XI, just as he was a starter on majority of his time here when fit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
But your logic fails on so many players? Tierney? Ødegaard? have just as many losses under their belt than Xhaka it's not a very good argument at all. Laughable actually.
Just posted above. Tierney has 3 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses to his name.
For øde, if we are just looking at starts, it's the same numbers as Tierney.
Now these are not great numbers either. Hence they are rightfully being criticized in their threads.
If you are saying that a player is belongs to the best 11, he should be part of our teams that actually gave us most points. How can you claim it for Xhaka if his presence is in no way correlated with good results? In fact the opposite seems to be true.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
And Xhaka was injured/suspended on all the games he missed. As soon as he recovered he was straight back to starting XI, just as he was a starter on majority of his time here when fit.
That's the point I am making. Everyone says that Xhaka belongs to our best 11. If that's the case, our performance would have deteriorated once he was injured and improved whenever he was present. But that clearly did not happen. I would have completely agreed that Xhaka belongs to our best 11 a couple of years back when our other options were Ceballos, Torreira etc. But that's not the case now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How come some of our favourite players have started in more losing efforts than Xhaka? Are Saka, Tierney, Auba, ESR, White etc... not part of our best 11?

Leno - 3/6
White - 4/6
Gabriel - 3/6
Holding - 2/6
Mari - 2/6
Tierney - 4/6
Tavares - 5/6

Tomiyasu - 3/6
Partey - 3/6
Xhaka - 4/6
Elneny - 3/6
Lokonga - 3/6
AMN - 3/6
Saka - 6/6
Ode - 4/6
ESR - 5/6

Pepe - 2/6
Auba - 5/6
Laca - 4/6
Man, you are really reaching now. This is probably one of the worst posts I have seen on A-M which is saying something. With you logic it is better to play in 20 games and lose 20 of them, than to play in 50 games and lose 21 of them...

mirrorstares

Counting losses is not really an argument, it's something as bad as claiming we're better than City because we happened to beat Tottenham and Tottenham beat city. It completely eliminates any kind of context or nuance in a game that is not really that complex but isn't as simple to just make additions and substractions.

Then again, when you have nothing of actual substance this is the only thing you can come up with. Learn from Mrs Bergkamp, cut out the crap and admit you just hate his guts, not exactly an interesting opinion but at least an honest one.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

would have completely agreed that Xhaka belongs to our best 11 a couple of years back when our other options were Ceballos, Torreira etc.
Photon, here we part ways. I would play a ham sandwich before I play Xhaka! The guy is absolute poison. If he didn't play another game for Arsenal I would be happy as a pig in ****!

Kav

Established Member
That's the point I am making. Everyone says that Xhaka belongs to our best 11. If that's the case, our performance would have deteriorated once he was injured and improved whenever he was present. But that clearly did not happen. I would have completely agreed that Xhaka belongs to our best 11 a couple of years back when our other options were Ceballos, Torreira etc. But that's not the case now.
Racing I think you’re on the wrong side of this one. No I’m sure. I get where you’re going but it’s not something you can prove unless you’re going to specify the actions of Xhaka and show how they led to an action that resulted in a goal or shot against us or general sloppy play that put our team or defense under pressure.

It’s always hard to pin point the actions of an individual in such a setting unless the individuals play is so poor that they directly result in attacks against us.

While I agree that he isn’t in our best eleven that is for different reasons. It’s mainly because of his lack of mobility and passing range and more importantly his playing style. He’s too static for me and also too poor of a tackler for me to want to rest him in a Traditional DM. He makes too many mistakes to use him as a deep lying play maker like a Jorginho and he certainly lacks the passing ability as well. Heck even Fred is better than Xhaka.

All that being said the one common thread amongst s all the defeats and draws for the season is how we develop our attack and how we transition in both directions. We are poor at defending because we utilize a zonal system that is easily countered by interplay by opposing players. This is a coaching issue.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Learn from Mrs Bergkamp, cut out the crap and admit you just hate his guts, not exactly an interesting opinion but at least an honest one.
This really. If you’re going to blindly ignore facts and do gymnastics to avoid them, then yeah just admit that his performances and him being one of the better midfielders in the team by default doesn’t matter.

This is my prob with AM you have certain guys like Partey literally stinking up the pitch every week and outright admitting he’s 4/10 and he doesn’t get the same vim, cause he’s been sh*t for only two seasons or something? Whatever.

I need to see AFCON come collect him anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom