• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I said it clearly that Arteta seems to see himself on Xhaka as a dressing room leader
Perhaps, but even then I kinda doubt it, Arteta clearly has a different level of intelligence than Xhaka (I mean, in terms of IQ, we're talking about 70-90 level and Arteta I don't know, something about or above 100 at least), I don't think he'll see himself that much in Xhaka at all, tbh, but rather, as I say, appreciate his professionalism and leadership qualities, and personality in the dressing room, as it is clear that these are qualities he values and has valued especially in the transition from Em*ry and the cultural change he has sought to instill at the club, which has clearly been a priority of his (to such an extent that I even wonder if, to the extent that it might've come at the expense of the sporting / tactical transition which for me is always the primordial--this is very much a theory, in reality the cultural change doesn't really need to be at the expense of the sporting facet at all, but you could see how you could run with this theory a bit in the sense that we initially made signings like Willian, Cedric, and Marí where perhaps we were sacrificing quality and an ability to make the necessary sporting and tactical shift with such quality for a bit of the cultural change factor--if this was something Arteta has got wrong a bit to some extent in the first year or so especially of his reign).

Don't think it's more complicated than that (I've bolded the part I'm referring to here, that I don't think it's much more complicated than that, as I've digressed quite a bit in the other part); I know you didn't say the embodiment thing but another poster did and others agreed, and that is what I was responding to, though as I say, I wouldn't even go so far as to agree that Xhaka will see himself in Xhaka as a dressing room leader.

Like I said in the longer post, too much tendency to fall into the trap of falling and being seduced by more emotionally appealing or interesting arguments, when the realities lie more in the middle and in the boring and nuanced details, which in this case, for me, is really just the bolded.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Perhaps, but even then I kinda doubt it, Arteta clearly has a different level of intelligence than Xhaka (I mean, in terms of IQ, we're talking about 70-90 level and Arteta I don't know, something about or above 100 at least), I don't think he'll see himself that much in Xhaka at all, tbh, but rather, as I say, appreciate his professionalism and leadership qualities, and personality in the dressing room, as it is clear that these are qualities he values and has valued especially in the transition from Em*ry and the cultural change he has sought to instill at the club, which has clearly been a priority of his (to such an extent that I even wonder if, to the extent that it might've come at the expense of the sporting / tactical transition which for me is always the primordial--this is very much a theory, in reality the cultural change doesn't really need to be at the expense of the sporting facet at all, but you could see how you could run with this theory a bit in the sense that we initially made signings like Willian, Cedric, and Marí where perhaps we were sacrificing quality and an ability to make the necessary sporting and tactical shift with such quality for a bit of the cultural change factor--if this was something Arteta has got wrong a bit to some extent in the first year or so especially of his reign).

Don't think it's more complicated than that (I've bolded the part I'm referring to here, that I don't think it's much more complicated than that, as I've digressed quite a bit in the other part); I know you didn't say the embodiment thing but another poster did and others agreed, and that is what I was responding to, though as I say, I wouldn't even go so far as to agree that Xhaka will see himself in Xhaka as a dressing room leader.

Like I said in the longer post, too much tendency to fall into the trap of falling and being seduced by more emotionally appealing or interesting arguments, when the realities lie more in the middle and in the boring and nuanced details, which in this case, for me, is really just the bolded.
Good post. Think you have hit the nail on the head!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arsène, Emery, Arteta. They haven't been able to fundamentally changed anything with Xhaka. He's not going to change either.

He's a mostly serviceable CM option who too frequently makes silly mistakes / has rushes of blood to the head.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène, Emery, Arteta. They haven't been able to fundamentally changed anything with Xhaka. He's not going to change either.

He's like those bad boys, in those crappy romance films... he's dangerous but with a heart of gold, that only a good woman/manager can fix!

Except his heart doesn't contain gold, just a need to constantly **** things up for Arsenal.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hit the road, Xhak.
Ray Charles GIF

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
So Xhaka getting booked deliberately due to betting. It’s all starting to make sense now. Always thought there’s no way someone can consistently be quite that moronic on a football field.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka against VAR?

Maybe it is time for, "Captain Granit Part 2: Bigger, Better and Granity-er!"

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Granit is proof that not everyone is smarter after the game. I'm starting to think he lied about his parents giving him the house key. Simple tools seem like they'd be a real challenge for him.
You know sometimes parents give children a fake remote to play with while they use the real remote? I think it's just like that. They probably gave him some useless keys and he thought they were real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom