• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So it's now actually confirmed and not just rumour that he is the betting scandal player. Just reading on my phone and articles are saying the ref AND Arteta were urging him to take the fk so is Arteta distancing himself and the club? I can't decide whether Xhaka was in on this or whether his talk of risk taking is all nonsense and what he did was his natural slow, plodding game. Even he isn't that slow imo. We desperately need top 4 and despite their respective struggles, I'm all I'm on Partey and Sambi 🙏 This guy should be no more than the last resort.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I just read the complete interview about his Liverpool red card. All I can say is that stupidity and arrogance is a very bad combination. The guy will get red card every game and still try to explain why it's not really a mistake. Narcissism at its best.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I just read the complete interview about his Liverpool red card. All I can say is that stupidity and arrogance is a very bad combination. The guy will get red card every game and still try to explain why it's not really a mistake. Narcissism at its best.
Think this is both his strength and weakness. Think the arrogance leaves him pretty much unreflective and unable to learn, but also quite convinced about his own brilliance and superiority.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As long he don't do his bad stuff i won't be worried with Granit with him we look better in midfield even tho he need to act bit as leader when we want to dominate but hopefully him and Partey can keep fit and away from silly card until end of season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He really sticks out when he plays higher up the pitch. Gets easily by-passed imo and he lacks the hip movement to quickly turn and face the play. It’s not really his fault though. He’s a deep midfielder and always will be. However, he saved our ass with that header so fair play to him. I would like to see Lokonga play in Xhaka’s role in a 433. I think it will be someone in the mould of Salah-Eddine but it’s too early for that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I thought he was very good yesterday to be fair.

I think it's just a case of trying to manage him through the remainder of the season with the minimum amount of silly moments, if that's at all possible.

It's best for everyone involved that he moves on in the summer though.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
By the time his contract ends, he would be in the top three for highest number of appearances for Arsenal. That's mad!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He is, to be fair, and I have wanted him gone for what feels like decades. Obvious starter until the end of the season, but also an obvious player to be improved upon if we're serious about CL.
Don't necessarily agree with that. I've always maintained that he's a similar level to Henderson, and the latter is part of a CL/PL winning team. If we work to mask his defects, his strengths shine more. He's finally next to a competent midfielder for a change so we can see his impact compared to a Lokonga, or an AMN.

His red cards and penalties conceded cloud ones thinking to make him look worse than he actually is.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't necessarily agree with that. I've always maintained that he's a similar level to Henderson, and the latter is part of a CL/PL winning team. If we work to mask his defects, his strengths shine more. He's finally next to a competent midfielder for a change so we can see his impact compared to a Lokonga, or an AMN.

His red cards and penalties conceded cloud ones thinking to make him look worse than he actually is.
We've havent achieved top 4 since he's been here (5.5 seasons!). In that time he's been a mainstay in midfield and Captain for a lot of it

On all available history of Xhaka at Arsenal he has shown he is not a CM that wil allow us to finish top 4

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We've havent achieved top 4 since he's been here (5.5 seasons!). In that time he's been a mainstay in midfield and Captain for a lot of it

On all available history of Xhaka at Arsenal he has shown he is not a CM that wil allow us to finish top 4
But... but he is better than Elneny so how can we not play him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom