• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Saying he's too sh*t to move elsewhere and stayed because he has no choice is a dig.
No thats just you twisting it into a dig for some reason. I didn’t say he was ‘too ****’ . I’m trying to be respectful. Why would it be a dig anyway? Xhaka isn’t his 8 year old son.

He wouldn’t be here if Roma upped their offer and nobody else was interested. That’s just a fact. He’s still here because of that. All facts. Anyone can feel free to be offended 🤣

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No thats just you twisting it into a dig for some reason.

He wouldn’t be here if Roma upped their offer and nobody else was interested. That’s just a fact. He’s still here because of that. All facts. Anyone can feel free to be offended 🤣
You frame it like Arsenal are doing up charity being the only club on the planet giving him a career, but the fact is he's been begged twice to stay. Blame him if it makes you feel better though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You frame it like Arsenal are doing up charity being the only club on the planet giving him a career, but the fact is he's been begged twice to stay. Blame him if it makes you feel better though.
I’ve already said I would do the same if I was in his shoes… Arent you following?

Why would I ‘blame him’ anyway? What a weird thing to say … 🤣

‘Seven years is definitely too long though lol’… Fair and balanced Macho at it again. The only poster who can slag players off and big them up at the same time depending on what side of the fence he prefers today 👍🏼

shoot for the top

That's just how things ended up though.

First time was after the incident, then Arteta came in and was like *I need you*. So, he stayed.

Second time was 2 seasons ago when he saw that a new team was forming and it was time for him to move on.* But Roma dragged their feet with paying and the club/Arteta were happy for him to stay.

And last year he more or less mended his relationship with a lot of the fans. So, he actually saw a future again here and there's no desire from him to leave.

*BTW: In comparison to other *players* he didn't force his way out of the club or demand a lower transfer fee/cancelled contract despite his desire to go to Roma at the time. Makes you think.
Xhaka has shown he has real resilience in him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I’ve already said I would do the same if I was in his shoes… Arent you following?

Why would I ‘blame him’ anyway? What a weird thing to say … 🤣

Seven years is definitely too long though… Far and balanced Macho at it again. The only poster he can slag players off and big them up at the same time depending on what side of the fence he prefers today 👍🏼

Referring to my comment is slagging off is a reach don't you think? What's wrong? Can't dispute my facts so resorting to talking about fences? Normal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Referring to my comment is slagging off is a reach don't you think? What's wrong? Can't dispute my facts so resorting to talking about fences? Normal.
Go to bed man you’re on some double standard weird ting

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I read the all or nothing spoilers about what’s to come in the next three episodes. Some are going to have a go at Granit but what he does only makes me love him more. He cares so much about the club! When we lose he is hurt. In my opinion he is right to blame others for that red, if that’s what he does. He covered up for his teammates mistakes, but is happy to take the blame from fans and the media. This guy is our warrior!

I already had a lot of respect for Arteta. I respect him a lot more now. All the media and journalists scrutinised Xhaka in that moment. Arteta showed nothing but support for him

:love:

Last edited:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I read the all or nothing spoilers about what’s to come in the next three episodes. Some are going to have a go at Granit but what he does only makes me love him more. He cares so much about the club! When we lose he is hurt. In my opinion he is right to blame others for that red, if that’s what he does. He covered up for his teammates mistakes, but is happy to take the blame from fans and the media. This guy is our warrior!

I already had a lot of respect for Arteta. I respect him a lot more now. All the media and journalists scrutinised Xhaka in that moment. Arteta showed nothing but support for him

:love:
Will you still respect Arteta if he buys Tielemans next week and benches Xhaka? :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Granit Xhaka on Arsenal captaincy change: ‘You don’t need the armband to lead’​

1660126693565.png

By Art de Roché
Aug 9, 2022

Granit Xhaka has insisted he does not need to be captain to help be a leader at Arsenal.

Martin Ødegaard was announced as Arsenal’s latest skipper ahead of the 2022-23 season last month.

In the second half of last term, the armband was worn by the Norwegian, Alexandre Lacazette, Kieran Tierney and Xhaka in a temporary capacity after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was stripped of the responsibility last December.

go-deeper

GO DEEPER
Ødegaard, Arsenal's leader who thinks like a coach, is mounting a compelling case to be club captain

Xhaka was named official club captain in 2019 before being replaced by Aubameyang after an incident with fans. The Switzerland international was never likely to be named club captain again, but he insists the title has never mattered.

“Of course, you don’t need it (the armband to lead),” the 29-year-old said at a round table discussion ahead of the release of Amazon’s All or Nothing documentary.

He added: “Everyone can see the leaders in this team.”

“Of course, you need a captain for the team when we need him. But I don’t believe a lot in the armband. At the moment I have a feeling that it’s not only one, but a lot of people who are so good in this team who can speak with and they will help you. This is what makes a big difference at the moment.”

Aaron Ramsdale, who was sat next to the midfielder, was quick to follow up on what he perceives as a sometimes unnecessary focus on who wears the armband.

Ramsdale said: “He’s (Xhaka) integral to our group, playing or not playing. When he was injured at the start of last season, you could feel his presence in the changing room. You can feel his presence when he’s playing.”

“I think the captaincy is blown out of proportion. That comes from what’s happened here with having a few captains in the last few years. But then you’ve got the likes of Rob Holding, another who when he isn’t playing is someone everyone talks to. You’ve got leaders who just do it on the pitch (too).

“We’ve had a few arguments on the pitch, me and Granit, but a type of person who can be a great leader is someone who just forgets about it when you get in the changing room. He’ll have different ways to speak to different people. It gets the best out of me and him together when we have a little argument. We get back in the changing room and everything is fine.

“But the other lads see that out on the pitch and it might just be a simple passing drill or tactical session, you’ve got two people shouting at each other and it raises the standards of everyone.

“There are five or six captains in the dressing-room and they all speak different languages. Big Gabi (Magalhaes) doesn’t speak much English, but with the Portuguese and Brazilian lads, he’s definitely someone who has a voice.”

Xhaka took the armband when Ødegaard was substituted at Crystal Palace, so even if he is not first in line, the midfielder is still an influential figure.

When it was joked whether Xhaka has managerial potential, Ramsdale said: “Maybe an assistant. I think Cedric’s (Soares) going to be the manager, Granit his assistant.”

Xhaka joked: “I’m doing my licence, man. I told Mikel (Arteta) to be careful!”

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Aaron Ramsdale, who was sat next to the midfielder, was quick to follow up on what he perceives as a sometimes unnecessary focus on who wears the armband.

Ramsdale said: “He’s (Xhaka) integral to our group, playing or not playing. When he was injured at the start of last season, you could feel his presence in the changing room. You can feel his presence when he’s playing.”
“We’ve had a few arguments on the pitch, me and Granit, but a type of person who can be a great leader is someone who just forgets about it when you get in the changing room. He’ll have different ways to speak to different people. It gets the best out of me and him together when we have a little argument. We get back in the changing room and everything is fine.
When it was joked whether Xhaka has managerial potential, Ramsdale said: “Maybe an assistant. I think Cedric’s (Soares) going to be the manager, Granit his assistant.”

Xhaka joked: “I’m doing my licence, man. I told Mikel (Arteta) to be careful!”

Some good quotes on Granit's leadership there and the final bolded sentence is 🔥 🔥 🔥

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka is 30 years old next month, and he has 2+1 years in contract. No they don't.

He has 2 years left, which is little. Should be given a new 5 year deal at the very least!
So what if he’s 30? Xhaka can play at this level for another 20 years, his game doesn’t rely on pace.

• Cry
Reactions: Xln

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
That's just a fantasy made up by our fanbase though, Xhaka bodies Tielemans everytime they play V eachover (and will again Saturday), there's a reason he plays for Leicester and no top club wants him
I don't think Tielemans is better too btw I am just having a go at the manberg :lol:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Hoped for more air time on the documentary, but what we got was very cute and they captured him well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom