• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa

What possible points were people using for Xhaka in this? :lol:
It’s not unfathomable. You could say that Vieira was a better dribbler/ball carrier, tackler and attacker with his runs into the box whereas Xhaka’s a better passer. A reasonable argument.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
What possible points were people using for Xhaka in this? :lol:
There were almost none. On either side. 90% of the posts were useless gibberish as far as I could make out complaining about the debate itself, attacking or defending Xhaka. I use the word "debate" loosly here. There were a few Manberg's actually getting into the thought experiment, but they were very rare.

Then there was the idiot making the Vieira compilation to stoke flames.

Its over anyway and a stupid, made up comparison. Vieira is overall one of the best and most accomplished midfielders the prem has ever seen. End of. Nobody compares.

Theresa

Not a chance.

Xhaka is a good player, but just no.
Passing stats weren’t mined in Vieira’s day so I can’t prove it, but I think so. Also, they both have good shots, but Xhaka’s not shooting very much these days. More defensive than Vieira was.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He’s a solid player but the fact a rapidly declining Jose is trying to take him to a Roma featuring Chris Smalling and Mkhitarian, tells you all you need to know. I mean right now, we’re basically the Roma of the Premiership.

Roma is us in the declining Wenger years tbh.

Their fans embraced Mourinho for a reason. They've gotten tired of their attacking philosophy last year. Winning games big, then losing the next 7-1.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arsenal fans laugh at Arsenal players until they leave, then they win titles and CL's - remember a guy called Giroud? Absolute plonker according to Arsenal fans over the years, He's having the last laugh again and again.

Goes to show there's a reason why fans are fans and don't select teams. Clueless bigmouths who don't know the difference between Maradona and Maracana.
Giroud went to a successful Chelsea side. Xhaka is going to a midtable Serie A team under Mourinho. It’s not the same. And you’re acting like every Arsenal player who left us is at greener pastures. Most of them are at worse clubs than us. Özil, Sokratis, Kolasanic, Mustafi is now a free agent, Lucas Perez, Iwobi Mkhitaryan etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Passing stats weren’t mined in Vieira’s day so I can’t prove it, but I think so. Also, they both have good shots, but Xhaka’s not shooting very much these days. More defensive than Vieira was.

Vieira was an amazing passer, his brilliant ability to break the lines with his dribbling made people underrate that side of his game, but he could pick a pass as good as anyone I have seen at Arsenal...everything a midfielder needed, he was elite at.

While Paddy played better next to a defensive midfielder, he was our best midfielder out of possession too, amazing ball retriever...just cause Xhaka played deeper than him, doesn't mean he was better defensively either.

When did you start watching Arsenal anyway?

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
I want him to stay as Arsenal have other positions to strengthen as well.Xhaka going means more of Elneny..which is a big no for me.Arsenal cannot buy 2 cm in one window with other positions to strengthen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Vieira was an amazing passer, his brilliant ability to break the lines with his dribbling made people underrate that side of his game, but he could pick a pass as good as anyone I have seen at Arsenal...everything a midfielder needed, he was elite at.

While Paddy played better next to a defensive midfielder, he was our best midfielder out of possession too, amazing ball retriever...just cause Xhaka played deeper than him, doesn't mean he was better defensively either.

It's not even worth engaging with such an obvious troll or any of his other profiles.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

You're really arguing with Manberg? Really?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Comparing Xhaka to Vieira is just silly. Yes, they both played midfield for Arsenal, but that is about it. Let’s just draw a line and not cross it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom