• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I don't mind him starting but please please don't let him stay as the last line of defense vs utd. Rashford/Greenwood/James will do exactly same as what Under did.

Manberg

Predator
*Gets wrecked* *Says something condescending* *Runs away*

As Mark Jackson would say....Mama there goes that man

I did not get wrecked. I an actively avoiding going round in circles. The agenda merchants are the ones getting wrecked. Xhaka is starting games.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I did not get wrecked. I an actively avoiding going round in circles. The agenda merchants are the ones getting wrecked. Xhaka is starting games.
'Agenda merchants' actually care about the club so yeah I guess whereas some people are celebrating the fact that their favorite player who isn’t good enough to start for this club is starting week in week out while bringing the club down to their level

blaze_of_glory

Just seen a post on reddit about James from Gunnerblog and the Athletic on a podcast yesterday saying:

"Arteta has made it quite clear that in build-up this is Xhaka’s team. When Xhaka plays everything goes through him. How that responsibility is shared between Xhaka and Partey is going to be a really interesting development." (coming months)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/express-yourself/id1488521732?i=1000496247102

Not sure how much James actually knows but anyway...

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Just seen a post on reddit about James from Gunnerblog and the Athletic on a podcast yesterday saying:

"Arteta has made it quite clear that in build-up this is Xhaka’s team. When Xhaka plays everything goes through him. How that responsibility is shared between Xhaka and Partey is going to be a really interesting development." (coming months)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/express-yourself/id1488521732?i=1000496247102

Lol. Playing through Xhaka would imply that he plays in midfield instead of left-back

blaze_of_glory

If you listen to that podcast at about the 39 minute mark, James says he thinks Arteta has no plans to drop Xhaka and actually claims Partey was scouted in order to play alongside him.

But again, no idea how much he actually knows.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If you listen to that podcast at about the 39 minute mark, James says he thinks Arteta has no plans to drop Xhaka and actually claims Partey was scouted in order to play alongside him.

But again, no idea how much he actually knows.

I mean they're vastly different players. Xhaka's competition is probably Ceballos as a similar player and Willock as something different.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://theathletic.com/2119422/2020/10/07/thomas-partey-arsenal-cinco/?source=user_shared_article

It was in a series of clandestine meetings in Madrid, held throughout the course of the 2018-19 season, that Thomas Partey spoke with Arsenal representatives about how he envisaged his role in the team.

The head of international scouting at the time, Francis Cagigao, was spearheading Arsenal’s charm offensive. Over lunch, Partey spoke at length about his style of play, his preferred positions. He said his preference is to operate as one of a pair of deep-lying midfielders, but he can also play at the base alone. He talked admiringly of Granit Xhaka, and admitted he could envisage playing in tandem with the Switzerland international.

What you man are saying in text form.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
https://theathletic.com/2119422/2020/10/07/thomas-partey-arsenal-cinco/?source=user_shared_article

It was in a series of clandestine meetings in Madrid, held throughout the course of the 2018-19 season, that Thomas Partey spoke with Arsenal representatives about how he envisaged his role in the team.

The head of international scouting at the time, Francis Cagigao, was spearheading Arsenal’s charm offensive. Over lunch, Partey spoke at length about his style of play, his preferred positions. He said his preference is to operate as one of a pair of deep-lying midfielders, but he can also play at the base alone. He talked admiringly of Granit Xhaka, and admitted he could envisage playing in tandem with the Switzerland international.

What you man are saying in text form.
He may really rate Xhaka. He may not. Or he might just think ‘he’s aight...’. But if you’re sat opposite a representative of a much bigger club who clearly want you and are going to give you a huge pay rise... then he’s not going to be speaking down on a current player and potential partner that he knows the club rate quite highly. He’ll say whatever sounds best. We all would. Now that might sound really negative, but we know that’s the truth isn’t it? What he thinks of the player doesn’t really matter anyway – it’s how he plays with him now he’s here, that matters.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He may really rate Xhaka. He may not. Or he might just think ‘he’s aight...’. But if you’re sat opposite a representative of a much bigger club who clearly want you and are going to give you a huge pay rise... then he’s not going to be speaking down on a current player and potential partner that he knows the club rate quite highly. He’ll say whatever sounds best. We all would. Now that might sound really negative, but we know that’s the truth isn’t it? What he thinks of the player doesn’t really matter anyway – it’s how he plays with him now he’s here that matters.
Bro :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: What, come on man we know pros are full of gas about other pros. I don’t know why people put anything on the statements anyway. Thomas Partey probably thinks Gervinho was magnificent as well. I swear, the less we hear from footballers and their opinions on other players, the better! It’s like when they say never meet your heroes :facepalm:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Look man, I just posted a snippet of an article suggesting that there is a chance Partey may have been signed to play alongside our stiff Swiss Pirlo.

It’s too late in the evening for me, imma pass on the abuse for talking any kinda way about Xhaka tonight. All long.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Funnily enough in one of my past long winding rants I called Xhaka a CB playing in midfield and we'll Arteta has now dropped him back into a back 3. I think Arteta will not be trusting Xhaka in midfield anymore.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Funnily enough in one of my past long winding rants I called Xhaka a CB playing in midfield and we'll Arteta has now dropped him back into a back 3. I think Arteta will not be trusting Xhaka in midfield anymore.
Wishful thinking. Whoever said this is his team - I wholeheartedly agree with them. Has been for a few years now.

No, not a fan just calling it like I see it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Elneny looks a completely different player. Outside of the pointing, it’s pretty hard to justify starting Xhaka over him on Sunday.
I think people need to forget whatever they think they know about this guy and look again with a fresh pair of eyes.

Godwin1

Very well-known

I can assume from this that James doesn't know what he's talking about. Given that under Arteta Xhaka is seeing less of the ball, making less forward passes and less runs. Virtually all the statistics would indicate that Arteta doesn't trust Xhaka and see's Luiz as a safer option when building from the back.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Wishful thinking. Whoever said this is his team - I wholeheartedly agree with them. Has been for a few years now.

No, not a fan just calling it like I see it.
Honest question. Did we sign Partey to be Xhaka's bodyguard or for this to be Partey's team?
I doubt we would spend £50 million to provide competition for Xhaka. Someone new is coming to drive the boat

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I told man... Edu likes legs... You think he liked seeing Granit get put in a rizla and bun the other night? Hmmm. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom