• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Look, as much as a dislike him as a player I could understand keeping Xhaka around for a season for the purpose of addressing other problem areas. Suppose much of this depends on whether or not the targets the club have in mind are available and or affordable.

What I don't understand is handing Xhaka a new contract, with a pay rise no less. The club is pushing the boat out to protect an asset which already has minimal value (as evidenced by Roma's paltry offer) and which will only depreciate as he ages. Why not let him run out his current contract if you can't shift him FFS?

Baffling decision making.
I agree except we haven't really addressed the other problem areas properly and midfield is probably the biggest problem of them all.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Well, yes and no.

Generally this situation is probably much less complicated than it seems and comes down to one reason:

Xhaka was never on the market.

Mourinho has been buttering up Xhaka for a while (going back to 2019). Xhaka was never going to join him at a direct rival, because that's not him. So, when the Tottenham split happened and he went to a totally different league Xhaka thought to himself *Maybe its time for a fresh start*. Requests the transfer to Roma. Roma doesn't pay up and drags it along endlessly. Arteta has another talk with Xhaka when he came back and Xhaka decided to rethink and stay.

So, the only thing that happened is that Roma didn't pay up. Everything else was business as usual.
Or he used the media for an improved contract with better wages :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Or he used the media for an improved contract with better wages :lol:
I'm sure Roma, Pinto, Mourinho, Arsenal (who all performed actions in regard to this) and several tier 1 sources have nothing better to do than help Xhaka get some more moneys.

Or of course you're implying that Xhaka is some moustache twirling villian who put up a grand conspiracy to fool a club and manager who didn't want to get rid of him in the first place.

What a twist!

Edit: Not only that, but going full in and giving Roma his approval from the start. So, if at any point Roma actually had coughed it up his whole plan would have failed!!!! Man, he's livin' la vida loco.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Pretty happy for this, just what I ordered in January. Means Elneny is closer to exit/total bench and we don't need to spend 20-30 million more to get quite similar player in Neves.

Of course they will give him a bit better deal, as it's his last big contract. Hopefully max. 150k/pw. To get similar quality, the wage would likely be almost the same plus all those millions in fees.

The problem is that we would still need another CM to bench Xhaka. I hope that happens too. Our midfield needs a boost and Partey keeps getting injured currently. Luckily Sambi looks pretty good already and is another player to keep Elneny out.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Can't wait for you to absolve your master of the blame and heap all the blame on Xhaka when it inevitably goes tits up.
What can you do though? Midfield has been a major problem for years.
Makes little sense to sell Xhaka if you dont have a better replacement.
Looks like a crazy decision if Partey is injured.
We still have Elneny, Torreira on the books.
Xhaka plays in front of those 2 all day long.

Taneruit

Established Member

As usual "I always played well. It is the rest of the team that ****ed up" excuse. One of the reasons I started hating him is this sick attitude.
-
Except I already explained that that's not exactly the intention in the original language. And seriously **** off, Xhaka isn't that kind of player and person. Now, more than ever.

If you want a ****ing example too just look at the Euro's after the France win. Didn't lose a single word about himself. 99% about how amazing the team is, that nobody can destroy this unity and how everybody in Switzerland can be proud of their achievement. Took time to praise the staff down to the media team as well. Edit: Come to think off it, gave his MOTM to the manager after recieving it.

Disagreements on the football pitch are normal. It happens.

If Xhaka was anything like you're constantly describing him as he would be considered a diva by the teams he was in.

He isn't. For a reason.

Last edited:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I'm sure Roma, Pinto, Mourinho, Arsenal (who all performed actions in regard to this) and several tier 1 sources have nothing better to do than help Xhaka get some more moneys.

Or of course you're implying that Xhaka is some moustache twirling villian who put up a grand conspiracy to fool a club and manager who didn't want to get rid of him in the first place.

What a twist!

Edit: Not only that, but going full in and giving Roma his approval from the start. So, if at any point Roma actually had coughed it up his whole plan would have failed!!!! Man, he's livin' la vida loco.
Lmao you are sweating aren't you.
You know Xhaka and his agent can spread rumours to make Arsenal camp take action?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
-
Except I already explained that that's not exactly the intention in the original language. And seriously **** off, Xhaka isn't that kind of player and person. Now, more than ever.

If you want a ****ing example too just look at the Euro's after the France win. Didn't lose a single word about himself. 99% about how amazing the team is, that nobody can destroy this unity and how everybody in Switzerland can be proud of their achievement. Took time to praise the staff down to the media team as well. Edit: Come to think off it, gave his MOTM to the manager after recieving it.

Disagreements on the football pitch are normal. It happens.

If Xhaka was anything like you're constantly describing him as he would be considered a diva by the teams he was in.

He isn't. For a reason.
There have been multiple examples of him doing this. That interview after the penalty he conceded against Sp**s, the above post where he clearly claimed that he had a good season in spite of the fact that he single handedly ****ed us in two matches and licking the bums of Mourinho to tell us how he had a great career at Arsenal while the club went downhill ever since he joined. Only his boot-lickers like you would worship him for his character. As for the team, we have a squad that actually gives no single **** about who the captain is. Anyone who loudly claims he wants to be a captain can be a captain, which is exactly what he did.

Taneruit

Established Member

Lmao you are sweating aren't you.
You know Xhaka and his agent can spread rumours to make Arsenal camp take action?

Yes, it's been done numerous times in football before (and other sports). You're totally right about that, and if that was the case, sure. But those would be media rumors, that get talked to death with nobody showing their hand.

What I'm pointing out here, is that this whole thing has gone far beyond *bullshit rumors* with multiple people acting upon it and multiple tier 1 sources confirming it. An agent can't exactly get Mourinho to twerk for Xhaka or get Pinto to comment on it. Nor would they be able to fabricate a follow-up with Roma now suddenly going after Delaney in response. Unless everything just magically clicks into place. In which case I'm tipping my hat to Xhaka for one hell of a gamble.

Believe what you want though.

Edit: For a bullshit rumor example, I'd say the sudden links for Xhaka to Juventus/PSG/Bayern post Euros.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xln

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@RacingPhoton going from a psychologist identifying Xhaka's personality to DT-like posts real quick 🚀

Calm Down Macho Man Randy Savage GIF

Chill man, it's going to be a looong season.

I've stated often that we would do well to upgrade in having a better partner for Partey, while we keep and use Xhaka as a bench/squad option for specific opponents.

But your hatred of him is unhealthy and will not help you one bit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
@RacingPhoton going from a psychologist identifying Xhaka's personality to DT-like posts real quick 🚀

I've stated often that we would do well to upgrade in having a better partner for Partey, while we keep and use Xhaka as a bench/squad option for specific opponents.

😀 There is something about his attitude that pisses me off. I don't get on well with people like him even in real life - people who are incapable of self reflection. Also, moving from watching Cazorla's beautiful football to him took all the fun away for me in watching Arsenal games. Having him for another year is not a problem for me. It's the contract extension and lack of another CM signing that pisses me off.
Anyway, it's unhealthy to keep whining as you said. Just have grab some popcorn and watch the rest of the season as pure entertainment.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

This would be the dream scenario. Bruno comes in and starts with Partey and Xhaka on the bench. I would much rather have Xhaka on the bench than Elneny. However, the contract extension with a supposed pay rise basically eliminates the prospect of him being a bench player.
Worst still it’s another older player on high wages that could decline any minute.

Auba 250k
Laca 180k
Willian 200k
Partey 200k
Xhaka possibly on 200k
Kolasanic 100k
Cedric 90k

Almost all our highest paid players are getting paid too much for their quality, or injury prone. How are you meant to rebuild when you stockpile your squad with ageing players on physical decline. Everyone seems to know Europe has been hit by a financial crisis not seen since the aftermath of WW2 but Arteta and Edu are hellbent on wasting money. Roma turned to younger players because even they understood the change in climate. Why haven’t Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom