• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Okay if this is true why Mikel didn't convince him before the euros or at least during the late parts of last season? he spent all the euros talking and hinting he want to move and changing club and suddenly now he want to stay because Arteta have words with him?
Because Roma made him wait waaay too long.

That's really it. Xhaka jumped on the Roma opportunity from the beginning and we know from multiple sources that he signed personal terms since even before or closely after the euro. Then he waited on his ass for weeks/months for a Roma that couldn't be arsed to put an extra 5 Million up for him. I'd be disappointed too.

It doesn't take much convincing from that point on. Arteta can simply go *Well, I wanted to keep ya, but I respected your desire. Did they?*

Basically the opposite of the Harry Kane situation.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
also Arteta can't have excuse it prove that he likes Xhaka. this is his decision he convinced Xhaka twice that's mean he see him key part of his plan so it count his player.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Benge say it only small increase of his salary. i'm really surprised with Xhaka after all that abuse he got and family got threat he want to stick around for few more years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Partey wasn't a bit of a sicknote, Xhaka would be fine.

Can't be having a season of Granit and Mo as our midfield base 🤮

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Another season of Partey, Xhaka and Mo.....in the words of King Willie off predator 2 " Dread man, truly dread!".

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If Partey wasn't a bit of a sicknote, Xhaka would be fine.

Can't be having a season of Granit and Mo as our midfield base 🤮
just get rid of Elneny and Torreira and either start play willock or get new midfielder that's mean we improved the quality we kept Xhaka who good Partey is world class added Lokonga is exciting young talent we only need another good midfielder to add.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Benge say it only small increase of his salary. i'm really surprised with Xhaka after all that abuse he got and family got threat he want to stick around for few more years.
Cos he knows there is nothing better for him. You wanna know why some people stick around in places where they’re not loved or appreciated? It’s cos deep down they know they can’t do any better. Marburg and Erliss will tell you he’s Bayern quality but Granit wouldn’t even start for their u18s team.

RunTheTrap

Xhaka staying for another four years? He’s basically gonna retire here and kill off some careers to. This Xhaka transfer saga is like when you hate your mum’s new boyfriend because he tries so desperately to be your dad. Then you think they’re close to breaking up until your mum comes crying into your bedroom after school and tells you she said Yes!!!! Then you see some new rock on her finger and now you realise this bozo ain’t leaving any time soon.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Cos he knows there is nothing better for him. You wanna know why some people stick around in places where they’re not loved or appreciated? It’s cos deep down they know they can’t do any better. Marburg and Erliss will tell you he’s Bayern quality but Granit wouldn’t even start for their u18s team.
But he didn't want to stick around he even did agree with Roma that's why I'm surprised is Arteta have magic words or something? I know Roma didn't even put respectable bid to let him go.

mirrorstare

Okay if this is true why Mikel didn't convince him before the euros or at least during the late parts of last season? he spent all the euros talking and hinting he want to move and changing club and suddenly now he want to stay because Arteta have words with him?

Maybe he was resigned to lose Xhaka until Roma being cheap gave him an excuse to beg Xhaka to stay again.

He provides leadership, which in our current regime might mean that delusion of everyone thinking Arteta is a genius and this feel good environment on the squad despite the historically poor performances and results. I can see why Arteta values Xhaka so much.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'm actually too. Maybe its going to be the wrong decision, who knows?

On the other hand, we know that in the club and among teammates, he's respected and settled in. That and his celebration after his goal (going to the fans, kissing badge) may hint that he has made one last try with mending the relationship with the fans who are now back in the stadium. After all its been nearly a year and a half without. How it works out? Can't tell the future.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ah well 3 more years at least of xhaka frustrate the hell out us and he'll never change he'll be good in games and he'll cost us goals in others.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Anyway if they don't add a good midfielder our midfield improved like 20% because of Lokonga signing other than that is basically the same and we'll hold our breath and pray everytime Partey got knock.

RunTheTrap

But he didn't want to stick around he even did agree with Roma that's why I'm surprised is Arteta have magic words or something? I know Roma didn't even put respectable bid to let him go.
Posturing. Same thing he did back when the Palace incident happened. He tried to force a move and quickly realised where his market is. Newcastle, Hertha Berlin etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom