• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This forum is a horrible read. 😂 Nothing but complaining 90 % of posts. Even when I have ignored maybe 20 members.

@American_Gooner can you guys put threadmarks on Arsenal Talk too, so I don't have to go through all this whining to find out about the contract etc. stuff that is important?

I did write a proper reply, but felt it came off unnecessarily acid, so do me a favour and consider yourself comedically yet piercingly chastised for not minding Xhaka's extension (take for granted that I made a great argument), and reconsider your opinion.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
A new deal is baffling. Let him run down the final 2 years in the hope that either Willock/Lokonga/Azeez prove good enough to replace him long term. If not you go big on someone at that time.

It's quite a sad indictment of where we are as a club though, when a guy who plays every week for us would rather play for Roma.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
If Xhaka sees out his contract he'd have been here 9 years, as long as Patrick Vieira, longer than Fabregas, Gilberto, Edu, Arteta himself, Nasri.

The only midfielders post 2000 that would have served longer are Jack and Aaron and those two were kids and or injured for large swathes of their time here.

If Xhaka plays a minimum of 30 games for us for the next 4 seasons. He will be in the top 40 of our all time appearance holders.

Believe it or not Theo Walcott is either number 20 or number 21.

Is Edu a Sp**s fan?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The year is 2035.

43 year old Xhaka and Elneny are announced as Arsenal’s latest contract extensions.
The new manager, former Arsenal player Emmanuel Frimpong has reiterated the words of club owner Mathieu Flamini and Chief Executive Mesut Özil that Xhaka and Elneny provide a welcome continuity in the race for Premier League promotion.

African Flair

Dude told us to **** off and was pushing for a move to Herta Berlin two years ago. Everything have gone downhill since then so how ridiculous bad must that contract be if he decides it's a good idea to sign. We'll never be able to mive that contract. We can't do it.

I can't watch Xhaka for another five years. This will put me down bad.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I take it you rate him?!
Not too much. But I understand the club if they plan to keep him as a squad/rotation option rather than Elneny.

It would be a huge improvement to get Xhaka every time Elneny plays or has played.

We don't have enough quality in our midfield and haven't had for a long time.

I assume you see who I have had as an avatar for a long time.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not too much. But I understand the club if they plan to keep him as a squad/rotation option rather than Elneny.

It would be a huge improvement to get Xhaka every time Elneny plays or has played.

We don't have enough quality in our midfield and haven't had for a long time.
So you’re saying there needs to be another signing in that position for this to be ok? Because if we don’t sign anyone then Xhaka isn’t the squad option, he’s the starter.

drippin

So you’re saying there needs to be another signing in that position for this to be ok? Because if we don’t sign anyone then Xhaka isn’t the squad option, he’s the starter.
That's my hope, but also keeping Xhaka frees us maybe 30 million for other possible things in this window, and the improvement with Neves for example isn't that big currently.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Well, we'll see on Sunday how terrible this season is going to be because i suspect the likes of Bellerin and Willian will be starting with Xhaka and Elneny in midfield.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Xhaka is one one of those guys I don’t like or dislike, I barely even post about him.

I just don’t get Edu and Arteta though, one minute you’re selling him to Roma and then next minute he’s signing a new deal keeping him here till 2025.

What this deal then does is keep him locked down, because now no club will match his wages in the coming years as he gets older.

drippin

Xhaka is one one of those guys I don’t like or dislike, I barely even post about him.

I just don’t get Edu and Arteta though, one minute you’re selling him to Roma and then next minute he’s signing a new deal keeping him here till 2025.

What this deal then does is keep him locked down, because now no club will match his wages in the coming years as he gets older.
Keeping him locked down is not a problem imo. We need better rotation/backup players than Elneny at Arsenal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The new manager, former Arsenal player Emmanuel Frimpong has reiterated the words of club owner Mathieu Flamini and Chief Executive Mesut Özil that Xhaka and Elneny provide a welcome continuity in the race for Premier League promotion.
I'm going to have bouts of nightmare after reading this :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
. But I understand the club if they plan to keep him as a squad/rotation option rather than Elneny.
You having a laugh?
No way in hell Xhaka stays if he's a rotational option. His ego is too big for that. Arteta must have assured him of prominent place in the squad

drippin

You having a laugh?
No way in hell Xhaka stays if he's a rotational option. His ego is too big for that. Arteta must have assured him of prominent place in the squad
I already said that he might realize Arsenal is the best he can get, and Roma also are only in Europa Conference League.

He will get much better wages here and keep his family at the same place.

Arteta didn't promise starting spot to Martinez so not likely here either.

Gunners1616

This goes along with the 4 years contracts given to Pablo Mari and Cedric. And also the 3 years given to Willian. I really don't understand what is going on. When you finish 8th twice you can't be handing out 4 years deals to bums left and right.

I was really convinced that we were moving on from Xhaka and his loser mentality. And this buyer's market was the perfect chance. Could have gone for any combination of Bissouma/Sabitzer/Aouar for realtively cheap.

Especially Sabitzer who's a captain, a leader, still 27 with CL experience and with only 10 months left on his contract. There are loads of options. We just chose mediocrity because not only he's staying but he also get rewarded with a pay rise and gets to be here until he's 33 years old.

I guess we can expect Elneny and Bellerin 4-years extensions very soon.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This forum is a horrible read. 😂 Nothing but complaining 90 % of posts. Even when I have ignored maybe 20 members.

@American_Gooner can you guys put threadmarks on Arsenal Talk too, so I don't have to go through all this whining to find out about the contract etc. stuff that is important?
Of course it’s going to be horrible we’ve been steadily declining for a few years now and have not yet fixed our biggest issues in the transfer market. The season is starting soon and Partey is injured for the start of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom