• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah make no mistake, I do not rate this guy at all I am just saying I am glad he shoved Tierney away he was starting to lose his head much like Pepe stupidly did.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tierney getting red carded over Pepe's stupidity does what exactly? What good would have come out of Tierney doing or saying whatever he was going to do?

Pepe we can get away with but Tierney getting in trouble is the last thing we need, I wasn't mad at what I saw no. The whole team had to shove Tierney away wasn't just Xhaka.
You’re acting like Tierney was going over there specifically to kick him in the balls... He was never going over there to get a red card. He’s not that guy. He was going to say his piece and be off with. You don’t get sent off for that. As for Xhaka acting like a captain or even responsibly—what he needed to do is take his mates d!ck out if his mouth, come away from him and put his arm around KT, his teammate, and lead him away. Not do it all in the worst way possible, which is what he apparently chose.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You’re acting like Tierney was going over there specifically to kick him in the balls... He was never going over there to get a red card. He’s not that guy. He was going to say his piece and be off with. You don’t get sent off for that. As for Xhaka acting like a captain or even responsibly—what he needed to do is take his mates d!ck out if his mouth, come away from him and put his arm around KT, his teammate, and lead him away. Not do it all in the worst way possible, which is what he apparently chose.
We don't know what Tierney was going to do or what Xhaka was saying to his compatriot to be honest.

Like I said I am far from a Xhaka fan but I am not mad at him on this occasion, all that mattered was the 3 points and we never got it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's been here for 5 years and has a contract until 2023 It's just torture, how do we continuously sign these kind of players? No wonder our scouting team got sacked.
I'm not even pissed off that we signed him. Every club has these type of signings and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The thing that boils my blood most about this guy is how he continuously becomes more integral to the team despite his failings. He's the classic case of a person who fails upwards. He's the football equivalent of Boris Johnson. I don't think people realise the mistakes Xhaka has done has cost the club millions. If i made the same mistakes at my workplace anf cost my company millions I'm going to be unemployed and probably blacklisted from my field.

It was pretty obvious he wasn't meant for the premier league after 2 seasons and yet here he is contracted to 2023 and our one time captain. Fair enough if he led us to a CL or a big trophy I could look past the mistakes but he has been integral in the worst Arsenal side in modern history. An Arsenal team that has broken so many records in a bad way.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's always nothing until it turns into something though. I don't think anyone at the time thought Guendouzi's exchange with Maupay would lead to the Frenchman being effectively exiled yet here we are.
Exactly why I’m glad Tierney got shoved away

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Exactly why I’m glad Tierney got shoved away
But it's the context that people are annoyed with. Pushing someone away so you can talk to your friend comes across as dismissive and rude. Stopping your friend from getting into trouble is another thing. Like I said its all about optics. Andre Santos asking for Van Persie's shirt when we're a goal down in half-time comes across as disrespectful. If he asked for Van Persie's shirt in the tunnel after the game, most of us wouldn't care. The end result is the same but it's how you get there and how it looks that matters.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Struggling to see what he done wrong there. If a player not so hated does that it’s hailed as great leadership for avoiding another red.

Shoving Tierney out of there was what was needed.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

One of those intangible things contributing to winning in my opinion is team comradery. The best teams have often gotten along and do everything together off the pitch, court etc. This isn't a prerequisite but it's impactful. Now imagine, you feel like not everyone on that pitch with you has your back. Are you going to fully committed and invested?

It's a shame really, especially given the fact that some on here think that was captain like behaviour. You ride for your teammates, right or wrong. I don't care if it's your friend, you think Stephen Jackson was all arms around Richard Hamilton in the malice at the palace even though their boys when Ron Artest and Ben Wallace at it? **** no.

Squillaci

Anyone actually cheering for this guy to be in first team or even Arsenal for that matter, obviously doesn't quite care about the club and/or is delusional.
If we had more players like Tierney, who are giving everything they have and actually care about the results, teammates and the club, I would not worry about the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom