• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

A select number of you complain about him non stop, but what happens when he’s eventually replaced and we’re still crap? Mock Giroud all you like but he went on to a better team which says more about us than him.

In any case I don’t feel like Xhaka even did much wrong, if anything Ceballos should have come on for Elneny sooner. Especially when it became clear that City were happy to coast.

We’re 10th place and didn’t expect much anyways we could have really gone for it and ended up with the same points. Arteta could have done more to shake things up himself, it’s not everyday personnel.
Doesn’t that depend on who we replace him with? Or is it a case of whoever we’ve got the manager will always hold us back in your mind?

Personally I think midfield should be our number one priority this summer. When Partey has been in there you can see the difference a real proper midfielder can make. The drop off when he’s gone is terrible.

What baffles me is how year upon year we’ve never fixed our Centre midfield. We’ve always tended to have one player holding it together in the last 5/6 years. Santi, Ramsey for a bit till he had his usual injury breakdown and last season it was Xhaka. The level dropped each time, and the people that surrounded them were mostly poor or bang average. It’s no surprise to me since our midfield has gone to **** we’ve dropped further and further away.

Analyst246

FIRST EVER POST TO THE FORUM FROM ANALYST 246

First of all I am not a huge fan of singling out players due to poor form . But this time around its time to share some of my views on the situation.

Granit Xhaka
I have tried so hard to back this guy and im sorry i t is really difficult to do so. He tricked us with some good from under Mikel Arteta lasted just about over a month or so . We thought he was back to his usual self (half descent while scoring the occasional free kick). Here it is we are trying to build it from the back and then advance through the lines and this guy is not capable of consistently performing in a two man pivot. This then puts pressure on the rest of the players when the ball is sent back to leno or one of the defenders .
A red or a yellow card waiting to happen. Giving away silly fouls . 3 different managers have tried .Mikel got a tune out of him but that didn't last long
To simply put it . If the Arsenal are going to propel themselves up the table anytime soon , I'm sorry but Granit Xhaka is not the answer.
PS
If Xhaka was made available in the transfer window how many big clubs would come knocking ? good luck trying to figure it out.
Possible replacements: Yves Bissouma
Hector B
Apart from pace what does this guy offer us at the back.
What has he improved on within the last few seasons?
I would like us to upgrade him or give one of the youngsters a go and see what happens. Im also hearing that PSG are supposedly interested I think that would be a really good move for both parties.

A_M Iniesta

yes if your ruthless and you know the real , sell those Wenger era fragments , not good enough to get us back top , only a bridge till summer

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal's Granit Xhaka says he would like to meet those who have abused his family on social media.

...these ****s should be made to meet the people they abuse, their faces should be filmed and put on tv and the internet.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal's Granit Xhaka says he would like to meet those who have abused his family on social media.

...these ****s should be made to meet the people they abuse, their faces should be filmed and put on tv and the internet.
I saw that :lol:

Couldn't be bothered to upload the pic on here though but I laughed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I saw that :lol:

Couldn't be bothered to upload the pic on here though but I laughed.

When Granit comes face to face with the scummy 15 year old, who has been abusing his wife and kids...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom