• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Didnt think he was bad at all. Just thought it was one of those games where he didnt add anything extra to it.

REWB

Shame but he IS our second best midfielder. unless maybe Arteta can give cabellos a go alongside Partey.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's just so slow on the ball. His right foot is absolutely useless, he takes an age to get the ball under control and shifted to his left and so many potential moves go awry because of it. To be quite honest, outside of the fact that we have no better partner for Gabriel, I don't see why Luiz doesn't get his role. He does everything Xhaka does better and with more fluidity except his free kicks are worse.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Once the subs were made and they sorted themselves out, we played much better and at a much quicker tempo. We did give up two good chances but after that we were on the ascendancy albeit without total control of the game. He didn't do anything wrong but he didn't do a lot to advance our cause either. I don't think it's fair to play ESR next to Partey but today shattered the delusion that Xhaka gives us control. If we're (Arteta is) brave we can play better without him. If we ever move to a proper 433 we can make him redundant and control midfield again I hope we take whatever might be offered in the summer and I wish him well elsewhere. I'm just tired of him and our midfield deficiencies

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Once the subs were made and they sorted themselves out, we played much better and at a much quicker tempo. We did give up two good chances but after that we were on the ascendancy albeit without total control of the game. He didn't do anything wrong but he didn't do a lot to advance our cause either. I don't think it's fair to play ESR next to Partey but today shattered the delusion that Xhaka gives us control. If we're (Arteta is) brave we can play better without him. If we ever move to a proper 433 we can make him redundant and control midfield again I hope we take whatever might be offered in the summer and I wish him well elsewhere. I'm just tired of him and our midfield deficiencies
Agreed. It's much easier to control a match with technical players who don't slow your play down and make you easier to mark and dispossess.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
yup....i love finding the incel whining machine and pouring some water
Weren’t you the one calling people names when you couldn’t find anything substantial to say?😂
Good luck with that incel hunt tho😆

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Whether you rate Xhaka or not, I just cannot understand Arteta’s refusal to ever change him unless forced to. He routinely sees at least 10% more of the ball than anyone else, so his efficacy and pass selection has a bigger impact on our game than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom