• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not sure if his presence in the midfield would have changed the result. But if he started in LB, the result would have definitely changed. Villareal scores a goal in the first half. Wouldn't blame him if he faked an injury just to escape that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wouldn't blame him if he faked an injury just to escape that.

That's surely a stretch and I hope you said that in jest.
If anything Xhaka is one of the fittest players we had in many years and one that isn't afraid of any challenges.

I have plenty of reservations about him, but imo you shouldn't go into a conspiracy mode like that and making weird assumptions.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If anything Xhaka is one of the fittest players we had in many years and one that isn't afraid of any challenges.

I have plenty of reservations about him, but imo you shouldn't go into a conspiracy mode like that and making weird assumptions.
I said straight away in the match thread he must have really not been able to play to take a seat in Mikel's hour of need.

This guy plays 90 mins for like a million games in a row and all he gets is jokes like that the one game he can't play smh.

Is nobody going to ask why Arteta wasn't going to play Xhaka in midfield when Tierney could just about get on the pitch and ended up lasting the 90 mins?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

He was to be played at LB, a position he's not comfortable with, the pressure and the stakes were extremely high, the fans have previous with him, online hate at an all time high, he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel the fear last night. I can very much understand if he felt he would rather not be made a scapegoat.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Probably wrong choice of words from my part. @Rimaal captures my thoughts correctly.
He was to be played at LB, a position he's not comfortable with, the pressure and the stakes were extremely high, the fans have previous with him, online hate at an all time high, he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel the fear last night. I can very much understand if he felt he would rather not be made a scapegoat.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The thing is I don't believe he felt he shouldn't play in fear of a mistake or being made a scapegoat. He was one of the main players during the whole season.

It is probably a slight injury and I don't think he is a player that chooses the biggest game of season to call it quits. Similar non-story assumptions used to be made also of Özil, the back injury etc... but that's just fantasy 🤷‍♂️

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The thing is I don't believe he felt he shouldn't play in fear of a mistake or being made a scapegoat. He was one of the main players during the whole season.

It is probably a slight injury and I don't think he is a player that chooses the biggest game of season to call it quits. Similar non-story assumptions used to be made also of Özil, the back injury etc... but that's just fantasy 🤷‍♂️

Özil is entirely different. Özil never felt the pressure from the fans, Twitter and Instagram were his domain, he loved the banter, he still does. Xhaka threw an unholy tantrum on the pitch and is hated by a large majority of fans. His defenders are few. Arteta is highly strung (obvious really from his rashness on the pitch), he is also being played out of position. Chukwueze mopped the floor with him in the first leg.

I think had he been playing in midfield, he would have started.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Özil is entirely different. Özil never felt the pressure from the fans, Twitter and Instagram were his domain, he loved the banter, he still does. Xhaka threw an unholy tantrum on the pitch and is hated by a large majority of fans. His defenders are few. Arteta is highly strung (obvious really from his rashness on the pitch), he is also being played out of position. Chukwueze mopped the floor with him in the first leg.

I think had he been playing in midfield, he would have started.

Özil of course did feel the pressure from the fans, forget the latest WC scenario? He just doesnt have the courage of Xhaka to face them on pitch but hides behind social media accounts and his personal managers. He does not have strength even to speak, I believe.

Xhaka does not care about opinion of fans very much as you might have noticed. He was simply fighting injustice.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Had a very good game I thought. Involved in both goals, two near-assists (that sadly hit the crossbar).
I also think people underrate Xhaka-Partey, whenever they play together they intelligently switch positions, they work in tandem across the entire pitch (often laying up passes between each other) and they just seem to trust each other more than other pairings.

I will say its hilarious though that his worst pass of the game was his very last. The only other *bad* pass I can remember from the game was the switch to Smith-Rowe and that one was at least pin-point accurate. Just put him under way too much pressure.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in the summer. Need a few new midfielders in any case, stay or leave.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's a tryer and gives 100 percent every time. I just feel that we can upgrade him if we're diligent. The rhetoric around the club when he plays is that he adds stability. We had control of midfield for decades and that's what I want again and what will help us improve. Wish him well at the Euros and hopefully elsewhere thereafter.

Wounded Healer

We missed him massively. One of the only players that can hold there head up after this season.
we didnt miss him. arteta thought he is smarter than 20 years of playing as a cm and used him as lb duh. our manager always looking for masterclass. upside down and in reverse. in the end its all because they have scored and unfortunately we didnt. arteta loves to explain it. i wonder what is so hard to understand. xD

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I didnt watch the match but no doubt he was one of the best. Read that Partey had a good game, too. He wasnt that good when partnered with Elneny though. You of course know what I mean.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has had a decent season, he and partey are the best partnership. If we get a upgrade on him I will not complain but I keep him as a squad member. Better squad member then el sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom