• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I was wondering where his wonderful forward passes were today in between the lines against teams that sit back.

Give me six weeks of training with the arsenal squad I reckon I could be more effective than xhaka.

Multipass

Did his best to slow the game down and played into Leicester’s hands. Every time he had the ball he stopped and held onto it before laying of a slow laboured pass. A better team uses the space afforded to them to drive into the space draw a player and create another opening. Today Xhaka and co played with fear of making a mistake and no interest in creating a meaningful attack. Really horrible game to watch. Hopefully we get something better against man united. I for one want to see AMN and Nelson on the pitch to change the energy levels if nothing else.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He was crap just as I always expect him to be. Don't need to say too much as others have already wrecked him & his cultists today

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t want to turn this into another Xhaka scapegoat session because Mustafi is just as bad, Lacazette is a waste of a player and Cellabos was struggling too. However, I told some people here that Xhaka is a target for teams to press and I supposedly don’t know what I’m saying. @Manberg explain this please. I was told that a Xhaka, Partey and Cellabos midfield was our best midfield and I disagreed suggesting having all 3 on the pitch would stifle creativity and that Xhaka and Cellabos should fight for their place. I said that the 3atb system was covering for Xhaka’s flaws by providing him with as little space to operate without getting exposed and an extra body behind to baby sit him. Yet, I was told that Xhaka is actually the most important player in our team and that the system was for the CBs and not for him.
I’m just gonna say this. Our team will always have a low ceiling when players like Xhaka, Mustafi and Lacazette are your spine, you will always be limited. I’m quite disappointed that these guys are all nearing 100 apps or more. It just shows how poor we are to react and get rid of mediocrity. You can sign all the top talents in the end like Auba, Partey and Gabriel but it’s the 3 above that determines where you finish as a club.

Manberg

Predator
@RunTheTrap Xhaka coped well whenever he was pressed. He was winning headers, made many clearances that connected with his teammates as passes. The goal came by a ball over the top. Leicester had no joy from pressing Xhaka.

He was more effective in the first half as a midfielder. Played most of the second as a CB and while he can do the job if the line is deep, I disagreed with the decision to keep him there during those moments where the defensive line pushed up searching for a goal. Arteta needs to trust Xhaka more by allowing him to make runs into the box so he can be more effective.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Elneny should be squarely ahead of him on current form. Aside from that I’m confused why AMN doesn’t get more game time. Even Willock.

When you need to energise midfield those guys are perfect.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
@RunTheTrap Xhaka coped well whenever he was pressed. He was winning headers, made many clearances that connected with his teammates as passes. The goal came by a ball over the top. Leicester had no joy from pressing Xhaka.

He was more effective in the first half as a midfielder. Played most of the second as a CB and while he can do the job if the line is deep, I disagreed with the decision to keep him there during those moments where the defensive line pushed up searching for a goal. Arteta needs to trust Xhaka more by allowing him to make runs into the box so he can be more effective.
I’m more inclined to trust what a Premier League manager has said than you. No offence. He clearly states Xhaka was used as a target. He was caught on the ball once which lead to a counter attack and then a corner. The goal cane because Xhaka was caught ball watching. Why did he let his man go? He saw him and stopped running with him? That’s amateur.
And why do you think Arteta dropped him further back? We have been telling you the same thing for eons now. Xhaka is poor in large spaces and can’t cover ground well so Arteta has to limit the space he operates in. Hence, why he’s dropped back to LCB

Manberg

Predator
I’m more inclined to trust what a Premier League manager has said than you. No offence. He clearly states Xhaka was used as a target. He was caught on the ball once which lead to a counter attack and then a corner. The goal cane because Xhaka was caught ball watching. Why did he let his man go? He saw him and stopped running with him? That’s amateur.
And why do you think Arteta dropped him further back? We have been telling you the same thing for eons now. Xhaka is poor in large spaces and can’t cover ground well so Arteta has to limit the space he operates in. Hence, why he’s dropped back to LCB

He dropped to CB to provide defensive cover for Tierney roaming forward. Xhaka was keeping a high defensive line, he’s not as fast as Under and cannot be expected to be so. Ridiculous to blame him there.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Dude no point in arguing with a cultist who thinks Xhaka has never had a bad game in his life

mpower2540

I don’t want to turn this into another Xhaka scapegoat session because Mustafi is just as bad, Lacazette is a waste of a player and Cellabos was struggling too. However, I told some people here that Xhaka is a target for teams to press and I supposedly don’t know what I’m saying. @Manberg explain this please. I was told that a Xhaka, Partey and Cellabos midfield was our best midfield and I disagreed suggesting having all 3 on the pitch would stifle creativity and that Xhaka and Cellabos should fight for their place. I said that the 3atb system was covering for Xhaka’s flaws by providing him with as little space to operate without getting exposed and an extra body behind to baby sit him. Yet, I was told that Xhaka is actually the most important player in our team and that the system was for the CBs and not for him.
I’m just gonna say this. Our team will always have a low ceiling when players like Xhaka, Mustafi and Lacazette are your spine, you will always be limited. I’m quite disappointed that these guys are all nearing 100 apps or more. It just shows how poor we are to react and get rid of mediocrity. You can sign all the top talents in the end like Auba, Partey and Gabriel but it’s the 3 above that determines where you finish as a club.
Couldn’t agree more really. We’re full of one dimensional, mediocre players and our actual talented ones are suffering for their deficiencies.

However this was a really tight game and even with prime Özil, Aouar etc we were never going to create hat fulls of chances cos Leicester were very well organised. When the chance came Laca bottled it and when Leicester’s came they took it and we were caught out. If Lacazette takes that chance I think we go on to win the game and the narrative is completely different right now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy has killed two managers and is on his way to a third.

Can't control the ball and pass without slowing things down. Can't do one touch passing. Can't move around and make passing options other than sitting in front of the CB.

Those diagonals to the fullback on the halfway line won't play themselves though

RacingPhoton

Established Member
This guy has killed two managers and is on his way to a third.

Can't control the ball and pass without slowing things down. Can't do one touch passing. Can't move around and make passing options other than sitting in front of the CB.

Those diagonals to the fullback on the halfway line won't play themselves though
Even if Xhaka stands simply without touching the ball, his worshippers will argue how it was a clever idea to not get the ball at all. The moment someone presses him, he ****s in his trousers and makes a back pass to goalkeeper. But for his worshippers, it is perfectly fine.
In the current form, Elneny does whatever Xhaka does. But Elneny is quicker and more reliable. That's the level of Xhaka.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think our best midfield right now is probably a three of Ceballos, Partey and Saka.

Would take Xhaka out the team for a little bit and see if things improve, he does slow things but he also holds it down. But now we have Partey do we really need Xhaka? Partey seems to do what Xhaka does but with way more pace, power and defensive capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom