• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think his influence has started to wane since Partey's arrival. He's not as indispensable to our Midfield as some on here thought.
My initial feeling a long time ago was that Mikel wasnt a fan, but then came all the votes of confidence from him and I was disappointed lol. But as time has passed, we’ve seen that Mikel likes to just say the right thing sometimes and it means little when it comes down to it. Too early at this point to say it’s over for Xhaka but, as I at least expected, he’s going to see FAR less playing time.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Of the 4 main CMs we have I would rank him 4th after Partey, Ceballos, and Elneny. Still a decent squad player for now. Hopefully we can shift him in the summer and get an upgrade. But with Ceballos on loan we might need to keep him a bit longer unless someone of the youngsters can step up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My initial feeling a long time ago was that Mikel wasnt a fan, but then came all the votes of confidence from him and I was disappointed lol. But as time has passed, we’ve seen that Mikel likes to just say the right thing sometimes and it means little when it comes down to it. Too early at this point to say it’s over for Xhaka but, as I at least expected, he’s going to see FAR less playing time.
He's going to get lots of playing time but he's no longer a guaranteed starter.

You could argue that he's lower than Elneny in the pecking order.

Arteta just said those nice stuff about him because he was literally our only senior CM in the club at the time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But as time has passed, we’ve seen that Mikel likes to just say the right thing sometimes and it means little when it comes down to it.
Like when he said Willian would play no10 or that he wants to play entertaining attacking football?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Granit Xavi is a poor player and always has been. Great to see he’s been benched by Elneny sell him to Stoke when the window opens he’s not good enough for Arsenal.

Kav

Established Member
I try to be objective. Xhaka is not a bad player, he has his attributes. However he has some aspects of his game that have been consistently detrimental to us. On balance he is a decent player but one who may be replaced with better quality in the team. I just don’t think he should be a starter in our midfield.

As long as he is at Arsenal I will wish him well and frankly speaking we all should especially when he’s on the field because if he plays poorly we are likely to be screwed by one of his mistakes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Like when he said Willian would play no10 or that he wants to play entertaining attacking football?
:lol: You don’t even hide your hate for Mikel anymore. It’s not his fault all the players you thought were great and unexpendable turned out lame ducks... You’ve either got the cajones to say it or you move along with the crowd.

Look at my signature… Look at it and weep.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Of the 4 main CMs we have I would rank him 4th after Partey, Ceballos, and Elneny. Still a decent squad player for now. Hopefully we can shift him in the summer and get an upgrade. But with Ceballos on loan we might need to keep him a bit longer unless someone of the youngsters can step up.
I think someone should be working overtime with Willock, Nelson, ESR and Azeez. With Saka, if two of those step up, we have real options in midfield and a load more creativity if it's ESR or Azeez.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I will never forgive Xhaka despite he has improved a bit under arteta.
This is basically the thread, just wish most would admit it.

Arteta has basically sheltered Xhaka since he came in (which admittedly means he's a bit useless) but you can see that people don't know what to do when a player they can't stand is no longer producing bad performances to **** on.:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

:lol: You don’t even hide your hate for Mikel anymore. It’s not his fault all the players you thought were great and unexpendable turned out lame ducks... You’ve either got the cajones to say it or you move along with the crowd.

Look at my signature… Look at it and weep.
I love how you think me and @GDeep™ hate Mikel.:lol:If that's what motivates you now that the Özil thread is being read its last rites then fair enough.

Fwiw in case you've somehow missed my serious posts on Mikel, I do actually rate him, quite highly actually. He's just not Pep/Klopp right now though (which was naivety on my part) and I'm just realistic about the learning curve that he's currently going through.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
but you can see that people don't know what to do when a player they can't stand is no longer producing bad performances to **** on.:lol:
You see this is the weird part… So a bunch of people comment on a player they don’t rate when he performs obviously ****. Nothing strange there... Then the manager manages to reduce his role slightly making him more disciplined, or whatever people think the reason is for him becoming less of a liability, and those same commenters decide it’s not worth just saying stuff for the sake of it and maintain a bit class—even acknowledging his improvement inmany cases. So what are these people meant to do then? Either way posters like you are going to pick fault with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom