• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Xhaka was the pressing trigger today. Looool Do you know how disrespectful that is? Normally a pressing trigger is a loose touch or a player taking the football on their weaker foot but today Xhaka was the trigger. Thst basically means Klopp told his boys to put pressure on Xhaka to force an error. So much so that Arteta benched him and kept Elneny on the pitch. Ouch that has got to hurt. Just turned 28 and you get benched while a guy that's been in Turkey for a year stays on the field. But guess what @Manberg told me he's world class and his weaknesses are overstated.

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka was the pressing trigger today. Looool Do you know how disrespectful that is? Normally a pressing trigger is a loose touch or a player taking the football on their weaker foot but today Xhaka was the trigger. Thst basically means Klopp told his boys to put pressure on Xhaka to force an error. So much so that Arteta benched him and kept Elneny on the pitch. Ouch that has got to hurt. Just turned 28 and you get benched while a guy that's been in Turkey for a year stays on the field. But guess what @Manberg told me he's world class and his weaknesses are overstated.

What big errors did Xhaka make? I remember none. He was pressed but he handled it well and didn’t make mistakes.

Manberg

Predator

That's just one where I got video evidence. There was another time when he tried to dribble pass Firmino and Keita and he lost the ball and Keita took a shot which Leno saved. Arteta had enough and hooked him.

:lol: That led to a goal kick. You make it sound as if we conceded because of him. We didn’t. He wasn’t to blame for any of Liverpool’s goals.

RunTheTrap

:lol: That led to a goal kick. You make it sound as if we conceded because of him. We didn’t. He wasn’t to blame for any of Liverpool’s goals.
An error is an error. Whether it leads to a goal or not, it still affected us negatively. Our build up play was hampered and this in turn led to Liverpool applying more pressure onto us because your boy sucks under any form of pressure.

Manberg

Predator
An error is an error. Whether it leads to a goal or not, it still affected us negatively. Our build up play was hampered and this in turn led to Liverpool applying more pressure onto us because your boy sucks under any form of pressure.

By the way, Xhaka had a lack of options there. In that moment he calculated not to make a back pass, which would have led to a goal. There was no option. It was a poor decision by Bellerin.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So it's okay for Xhaka to make an error near our box as long as it doesn't lead to a goal.

The **** I hear on this thread at times

RunTheTrap

By the way, Xhaka had a lack of options there. In that moment he calculated not to make a back pass, which would have led to a goal. There was no option. It was a poor decision by Bellerin.
Yep just as always. It's never Xhaka's fault. Yet, Arteta benched him for him continuously being bad under pressure. So, why in your view was Xhaka benched?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He didn't make any errors that lead to goals but apart from the lead up to the goal, he didn't help us create any chances either. @RunTheTrap has already posted the personal difficulty he had when pressed and his failed attempt to dribble out of trouble. Our game essentially bypassed the midfield. I don't have the stats but Elneny had a more dynamic, involved game imo. We may have lost some defensive "cohesion" when he went off but we did have more forward thrust and better finishing would have made that trade off worthwhile. He got back and cleared in our box in the 20th minute and was yelling angrily with the commentator saying that he wasn't sure who he was angry with :lol:. It was the usual game he has and my preference is for a different midfielder. If he's the DLP, then we need to sign Partey now and see if chance creation improves if they play together. David Luiz was pinging the ball long which is his job but Liverpool gave him no time and he couldn't make any for himself or find space. He may need to adapt his game but I'm not sure if he will or can.

Manberg

Predator
Yep just as always. It's never Xhaka's fault. Yet, Arteta benched him for him continuously being bad under pressure. So, why in your view was Xhaka benched?

It was tactical. Liverpool dropped off in the second half in terms of intensity and pressing and so Ceballos was more useful in that situation where we could get our midfield further forward. In my opinion, El Neny should’ve come off instead, although he didn’t put a foot wrong either.

RunTheTrap

It was tactical. Liverpool dropped off in the second half in terms of intensity and pressing and so Ceballos was more useful in that situation where we could get our midfield further forward. In my opinion, El Neny should’ve come off instead, although he didn’t put a foot wrong either.
Absolute nonsense. Liverpool still maintained their press, difference was Cellabos and Elneny are actually competent under pressure. Liverpool switched to pressing Holding instead once Xhaka was off.

Manberg

Predator
Absolute nonsense. Liverpool still maintained their press, difference was Cellabos and Elneny are actually competent under pressure. Liverpool switched to pressing Holding instead once Xhaka was off.

That’s an illusion. Liverpool dropped deeper I saw it with my own eyes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That's just one where I got video evidence. There was another time when he tried to dribble pass Firmino and Keita and he lost the ball and Keita took a shot which Leno saved. Arteta had enough and hooked him.
Bellerin ****ed him there tbf. But I see your point. :lol:

Not saying Xhaka is Busquets but a good press will always be effective. I remember the first few mins of Liverpool v City, they were both pressing each other into mistakes until the game settled.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That is our "press resistant" Xhaka for you... His major limitations in one clip. Ball played to his right foot and he simply cannot control it with that foot and instead must take it with his left, which is closer to the press in this case causing the panic. At least it didn't lead to a goal. There are some pluses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom