• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

"I thought he was one of our best players."

I honestly can't cope with some people on here at times :lol:

Manberg

Predator
OMG. You are actually becoming Xhaka. That sounds exactly like how he blamed the forwards in an interview when he was asked about the penalty that he conceded.

:lol: watch the goal again. Partey was right next to Tielemans, gave him all the time and space to pick out the pass. Then you blame Xhaka for being slow when you know he’s slow. I know he’s slow. That’s not something that can be changed. The back line pushed up. Having Xhaka there in that moment is not the wisest decision. Not Xhaka’s fault. He had a good game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't even think he was bad. I think Partey was marginally better but collectively the midfield didn't work.

What messed him up was being moved into the back 3 - once that happened, all Rogers had to do was stick Under on him and that was crucial for the goal. Xhaka's lack of athleticism will always count against him in those areas and this is one of the reasons why I always consider him to be a dispensable player, if not replaceable.

But yeah, overall I don't think his performance was bad individually. It was largely OK, like the rest of the midfield. I can't fault him too much, he wasn't bad.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Xhaka wide deep left in the buildup is a good position for him. When he's in that same position against quick forwards then it's a completely different story for him. He essentially filled in a left-back when Tierney was advanced but we've seen it before he's not got any recovery pace whatsoever and he's just not suited to that role especially when we're so far advanced up the pitch. In general I thought he did his job alright, it was a limited role tho and Leicester never pressed him at all especially during the first 60 minutes or so, so he was comfortable in plenty of space at all times.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Big reason he starts is he's left footed IMO :facepalm: which enables him to easily slot in lcb.

Jae

Play Mari (when fit) or Saliba at CB with Gabriel and push Luiz into Xhaka's position. Easy.

blaze_of_glory

Xhaka wide deep left in the buildup is a good position for him. When he's in that same position against quick forwards then it's a completely different story for him. He essentially filled in a left-back when Tierney was advanced but we've seen it before he's not got any recovery pace whatsoever and he's just not suited to that role especially when we're so far advanced up the pitch. In general I thought he did his job alright, it was a limited role tho and Leicester never pressed him at all especially during the first 60 minutes or so, so he was comfortable in plenty of space at all times.
Exactly, he's very good at it and it makes quite a bit happen for us (partly why we had good stuff going on that flank in the first half) but he needs someone behind him. It has to be in a midfield role, not LCB.

blaze_of_glory

People hating on him today should think about what Partey or Ceballos did that was any better. And how we fell apart once he was out of the midfield.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
:lol: watch the goal again. Partey was right next to Tielemans, gave him all the time and space to pick out the pass. Then you blame Xhaka for being slow when you know he’s slow. I know he’s slow. That’s not something that can be changed. The back line pushed up. Having Xhaka there in that moment is not the wisest decision. Not Xhaka’s fault. He had a good game.
I watched the goal again. I am sorry to say. You are either imagining stuff or just telling lies to protect this clown. Partey was not right next to Tielemans. I am on mobile. But still tried my best to get screenshots for you
Screenshot-20201025-220548-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20201025-220602-Chrome.jpg

Before he had time to reach him, he made the pass
Screenshot-20201025-214934-Chrome.jpg

And meanwhile Xhaka when the pass was made:
Screenshot-20201025-220615-Chrome.jpg

And see how much he is lagging in a few seconds
Screenshot-20201025-220637-Chrome.jpg

I don't think such visual proofs will also work for people who worship him like you. Just posting it for other posters who should not be misled by your original post. A player as slow as him like him should not be playing in Premier League at all. Not to mention Arsenal.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
I watched the goal again. I am sorry to say. You are either imagining stuff or just telling lies to protect this clown. Partey was not right next to Tielemans. I am on mobile. But still tried my best to get screenshots for you
Screenshot-20201025-214837-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20201025-214904-Chrome.jpg

Before he had time to reach him, he made the pass
Screenshot-20201025-214934-Chrome.jpg

And meanwhile Xhaka while the pass was made:
https://i.ibb.co/YfHTQ5h/Screenshot-20201025-215135-Chrome.jpg
And see how much he is lagging in a few seconds
https://i.ibb.co/LS4b1g7/Screenshot-20201025-215209-Chrome.jpg

I don't think such visual proofs will also work for people who worship him like you. Just posting it for other posters who should not be misled by your original post. A player as slow as him like him should not be playing in Premier League at all. Not to mention Arsenal.

So what was Partey doing there? Ceballos was marking the other player. Partey had to get a lot tighter to Tielemans. That is close to me but Partey didn’t read the situation very well. Tielemans should not have all that time and space to play that pass.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So what was Partey doing there? Ceballos was marking the other player. Partey had to get a lot tighter to Tielemans. That is close to me but Partey didn’t read the situation very well. Tielemans should not have all that time and space to play that pass.
Typical Xhakaism. Blaming others for his shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom