• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Too many agenda merchants here. I’m done wasting my time. You all know nothing.

tenor.gif

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Too many agenda merchants here. I’m done wasting my time. You all know nothing.
LMAO
You try to use stats to support your agenda. Those same stats are ridiculed and proven wrong by @RacingPhoton and now we all know nothing. This is classic cultist behaviour. You give data to suit your own narrative Someone gives you quantifiable data which cannot be disputed with and rubbishes your claim and you’re unable to take the truth so you run away. Lool

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Some good finger picking there.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/12136/Granit-Xhaka/stats
https://www.premierleague.com/players/5682/Jorginho/stats

We already know that chances created, passing accuracy are very misleading stats.
If you move from chances created to big chances created, Xhaka has 12 from 136 matches while Jorginho has 12 from just 76 matches.
Even a pass back to the GK adds up to passing accuracy. Jorginho has already played 52 through balls in just 76 matches while Xhaka has just 35 through balls in 136 matches.
Xhaka has more accurate long balls though. But as we have discussed multiple times before, none of them have ever created goal scoring chances for us. The fact that Jorginho has created more big chances with much less long balls shows you that through balls in the middle or much more effective than the long balls Xhaka plays.
Jorginho already has 134 interceptions while Xhaka has just 135 interceptions.

This is just comparing him with Jorginho and I don't even rate Jorginho.
That's an excellent post. It's hard see past stats in football, they're often misleading.

I watched Moneyball again last night, one of my favourite films. The scouts all agree which baseball players are good and which are bad by watching them. Then this kid from Yale says that they've been looking at the stats all wrong and they just laugh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

LMAO
You try to use stats to support your agenda. Those same stats are ridiculed and proven wrong by @RacingPhoton and now we all know nothing. This is classic cultist behaviour. You give data to suit your own narrative Someone gives you quantifiable data which cannot be disputed with and rubbishes your claim and you’re unable to take the truth so you run away. Lool
That's par for the course on here. Back when I joined in 2015 there was a general acceptance that Wenger had been poor for a while and the frustration was palpable, '4th is not a trophy', people bigging up Ferguson etc. But showing Wenger's points, wins and EPL finishes per £ spent gives a whole different perspective on the 2005-2015 period. In that light Wenger's stats were quite remarkable. Of course it produced a whole lot of anger and denials because people are unable to take the truth once they're invested.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I have to disagree with your first point. There are many instances of great players who did the tiny details but never got the appreciation they deserve. Gilberto is one example. Fans (espescially in the premier league) only judge based on goals, assists and strong tackles. There is so much more to football than that.

Xhaka is such a player. He resorts to tackles less and less but instead relies on smart positioning, closing down and staying on the feet. It’s even more effective but it gets glanced over by fans.
Gilberto was universally liked amoung the fans, he was highly praised amoung all fans from what I remember.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka being compared to Invincible league champion and World Cup winner Gilberto Silva now...

Hate 2020.

Reactions: Jae

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol::lol: We're just having a discussion, there's no need for arrogance bro. I fully understand how a press works. And I've also seen it come undone many times with long balls and runners not being picked up. Klopp couldn't get his pressing game to work in the EPL until he got the right midfielders and CBs behind his front three. It's not always the managers fault when players are slow and unaware. Klopp and Pep have been struggling with their pressing systems recently and its down to personnel, injuries mainly. Liverpool had 7 goals past them and City 5 - same managers. I'm not blaming Arteta for that goal, but you go ahead.
I wasn't being arrogant wtf?

I just said watch the clip and you'd understand what Rex was talking about...

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

How many tactical geniuses on here would be lauding his exceptional improvisation when deciding to break the press and try and nullify the dangerous run instead? How about absolutely nobody? :lol:
Yeah he would have ruined the team press but shown exceptional nous to do so, the problem is if you do this regularly then more often that not you will cost your team.

I'm not going to criticise a player for executing his manager's instructions and getting caught out though. This 'he should have ignored his coaching' opinion that is starting to grow on here is honestly baffling.

Whatever happened to just saying fair play good goal?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Auba is one of the best in the world at the most important thing in football....scoring goals
What is Xhaka one of the best in the world at? Pointing & doing nothing I suppose. So yeah great comparison. Why tf would anyone cut slacks for a bang average, mediocre bum of a player like him?

& yeah don't come up with crap that only you believe in. You & your cult leader have got wrecked enough these days
Why are you constantly such a d*ck to him? Can't you disagree with someone without being a massively condescending *insert preferred insult here* ?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he would have ruined the team press but shown exceptional nous to do so, the problem is if you do this regularly then more often that not you will cost your team.

I'm not going to criticise a player for executing his manager's instructions and getting caught out though. This 'he should have ignored his coaching' opinion that is starting to grow on here is honestly baffling.

Think "fair play good goal" sticks a bit in the throat these days when you've not said it about your own team for a few matches

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Why are you constantly such a d*ck to him? Can't you disagree with someone without being a massively condescending *insert preferred insult here* ?
I mean he's the one who constantly claims to have 'football knowledge', that he's trying to 'educate us', he has the 'right eyes', that we don't have the same level of understanding that he has. I've tried many times just to agree to disagree but oh no it was never enough. He always had to teach this dumb old me stuff based on his personal opinions & zero facts

Yet I'm the condescending one? What a world we live in

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I mean he's the one who constantly claims to have 'football knowledge', that he's trying to 'educate us', he has the 'right eyes', that we don't have the same level of understanding that he has. I've tried many times just to agree to disagree but oh no it was never enough. He always had teach this dumb old me stuff based on his personal opinions & zero facts

Yet I'm the condescending one? What a world we live in
Fair enough, I guess I missed those earlier interactions. Seems pretty one sided recently. *shrugs*

RacingPhoton

Established Member
That's an excellent post. It's hard see past stats in football, they're often misleading.

I watched Moneyball again last night, one of my favourite films. The scouts all agree which baseball players are good and which are bad by watching them. Then this kid from Yale says that they've been looking at the stats all wrong and they just laugh.
Moneyball. One of my favourite movies. I have also watched it so many times. I absolutely love that scene on transfer deadline.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It was still a great pass, a good run and goal--that's not to say it couldn't have been defended better. It doesn't have to be one or the other. If that was Mustafi in that position this debate wouldn't exist. Mustafi's still actually getting it despite being less culpable :lol: Anyway the broader picture is we were **** overall which is why we lost.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Imagine having a squad of players that isn't stuck in perpetual debate around if they are actually good or not. Christ.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Moneyball. One of my favourite movies. I have also watched it so many times. I absolutely love that scene on transfer deadline.
"The problem we're trying to solve is that there are rich teams, and there are poor teams. Then there's 50 feet of crap. And then there's us." :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom